You are not logged in. Please register or login.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

Re: New Guns N Roses member Melissa Reese

CSS 2.0 wrote:

She makes the band sound objectively better.

If that is a problem to you then you are the one with the problem, not those of us who embrace a mere supportive and welcoming attitude towards her.

I am not saying you have to love her or what she does but some awareness to the situation would not go amiss here.

Just my opinion.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:

She makes the band sound objectively better.

Don't mean to pick a fight but I notice people use this phrase a lot and in my opinion there's no such thing as "objectively better" in music - it's inherently subjective.

To you it sounds better with Melissa on backing vocals and computers.

To deadsouth it might sound better with a striped down band of only 5 people.

If GNR has taught me anything it's that it's all subjective...I mean there's people who like the Robin solos better than Slash...one of them used to mod here but his name just escapes me 16

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

Fair enough.

I stand by my words, though - and I am fairly certain deadsouth will do the same.

Opinions are like butt cracks after all.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

bigbri wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

Without Melissa Reese... there would be no Guns n Roses....

srsly, this thread has jumped the shark.

People thought Pittman was useless and ashba was only there to attract the hot topic crowd, but this one gets a pass, cause diversity??

Kinda hilarious they print her name before Frank's in most articless too...

I tend to agree DeadSouth, this is pretty ridiculous....she's what...the third piano player in the band and the computer drums player?

some people like her work. weird, eh? to judge someone on their work. Buckethead fans have heard her on at least 7 albums.

but please continue to tell us we're giving her a pass based on her looks and gender.

I actually saw bucket head without GNR in France.

His work is interesting.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

bigbri wrote:
deadsouth wrote:
bigbri wrote:

some people like her work. weird, eh? to judge someone on their work. Buckethead fans have heard her on at least 7 albums.

but please continue to tell us we're giving her a pass based on her looks and gender.

Discogs lists her on two albums(both self released on burned cd-r).  but please continue to white knight.

At least you continue with your sexism. I'll give you that.

Melissa is not a damsel in distress that needs rescuing by a man, or a "fanboi." On the contrary, I bet if confronted by her, you'd shit your pants like a little child.

Being around these guys on a daily basis, she must be strong minded!!!

I bet she's fun too.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
deadsouth wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Discogs lists her on two albums(both self released on burned cd-r).  but please continue to white knight.

Melissa is not a damsel in distress that needs rescuing by a man, or a "fanboi." On the contrary, I bet if confronted by her, you'd shit your pants like a little child.

Dude...do you even know what sexism is? It's not just a blanket term to describe any moment in time where a man criticizes a woman.

I am critical of the idea that a band ever needs multiple keyboard players and/or synthesizers. Where is the sexism there?

I think there is a sexism in you feeling the need to stand up and make this a sexism issue and then champion women's rights like you're some sort of super hero.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

Dude...do you even know what sexism is? It's not just a blanket term to describe any moment in time where a man criticizes a woman.

I am critical of the idea that a band ever needs multiple keyboard players and/or synthesizers. Where is the sexism there?

I think there is a sexism in you feeling the need to stand up and make this a sexism issue and then champion women's rights like you're some sort of super hero.

I thought maybe if you suggest a woman sucked dick for a job, that qualifies. Thanks for clearing it up though.

AtariLegend wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

Not sucking the right sick apparently. 

Bottom line, if axl wants another button pusher thats his prerogative, but to see her as anything beyond a backing musician for the tour is completely laughable and shows rhe absurd amount of fanboi bullshit that runs rampant around gnr forums like lice in an internment  camp.

Enjoy your white knight out.

Did you seriously make that comment? Maybe you'd be more at home on MYGNR.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Calling someone a "white knight" while trying to be an edgelord is pretty hilarious.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Is this thing really still going?

Board footer