You are not logged in. Please register or login.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

Re: This I Love (guitar solo debate)

CSS 2.0 wrote:

I agree with the first paragraph in the post before mine. Sorry.

Original.

It fits the song to a tee hence why I like it more - Finck did a great job.

Which solo do you prefer?

Original 47%
Re-done 53%
Total votes: 32
monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Original by a mile. C'mon, Slash's 2nd take on it is only better than his 1st cause its closest to the original.

Question for those who dont like Robins solo, do you not like it for his playing or for his melody?

I don't dislike Robin's version but to me it was like he was attempting to mimic Slash's normal style. So it's kinda like under Slash the song actually achieves what Robin was originally going for.

I would have been interested to hear a Slash version without the influence of Robin though too. Like if Slash had put out a version circa 1999.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

The solo played tonight, was fucking boss.   I think Slash is still trying to get this one down.. by the end of the tour its going to be amazing.   

Should let him re-record the song.. that usually helps these sorts of things.

AtariLegend wrote:

Wrong thread!

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Original by a mile. C'mon, Slash's 2nd take on it is only better than his 1st cause its closest to the original.

Question for those who dont like Robins solo, do you not like it for his playing or for his melody?

I don't dislike Robin's version but to me it was like he was attempting to mimic Slash's normal style. So it's kinda like under Slash the song actually achieves what Robin was originally going for.

I would have been interested to hear a Slash version without the influence of Robin though too. Like if Slash had put out a version circa 1999.

I never ever thought he was trying to sound like Slash, I thought his solo was quintessential Robin, but I'm not a guitarist. What you think about his IRS solo, I thought he was trying to make a sleazy GNR sounding solo there.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This guy rocks, he already has his guitar cover for the 4/8 version.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

It'll get better.     He needs to get it down on tape.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Slash does tend to improve his solos on the road. To be honest this one is already sounding amazing to me. But I can imagine it getting more crazy as he gets into it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

From Coachella

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Its cool but almost too shreddy at Coachella. I think Vegas night 2 is the most emotional so far.

Board footer