You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Re: Axl Rose joins AC/DC

Let's relax people...

Yes Axl is in AC/DC right now, on a permanent basis? Who knows. They take forever to release albums.

What I do know is he is digging rehearsals. He can sing the fuck out of those songs, and he generally appears really happy.

So this works to Guns N' Roses advantage.

I had a laugh and a aw shucks with Axl's small little oi at 7 seconds in this video [url][embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=difwoEkp3Do[/url][/embed]

Let's just sit back and enjoy the show.

I don't think he would reunite with Slash and Duff if the ship was just going to sink and they were going to put their guns to rest.

Guns gives Axl: weird, alternative queen-esque, grunge, industrial, ballad, punk, hard style rock. So many options and styles to utilize.

AC/DC if he joins just gives Axl dick rock. Meaning there really isn't much to maneuver. It will be hard rocking rock. Nothing more or less. Not that anything is wrong with that (just don't ask my girlfriend she hates AC/DC).

The only thing I want to know is if Axl digs my boy Dennis Wilson or Lindsey Buckingham or the Beach Boys (Brian Wilson not the post 1983 shit with Kokomo).

I hear a lot of crying from AC / DC fans. But, you know Bon Scott died and people never said well Brian Johnson's AC / DC ain't real man. That hasn't been an issue. The fact is Brian Johnson's hearing = fucked. Yes the way Angus handled it could have been better. But, it is his band. Since Malcolm's health went to the shit zoo.

To conclude, let's just enjoy the show. And hopefully we get new Guns music. I think we will. No way this is going to be mucked up.

P.S. I can't get my link to work here ugh, tried editing multiple times. If any mods want to show me the way I'd love you long time.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

TheSundanceKid wrote:

I hear a lot of crying from AC / DC fans. But, you know Bon Scott died and people never said well Brian Johnson's AC / DC ain't real man.

Only because they didn't have Twitter in 1980.

johndivney wrote:

For TSD (tho any excuse really):
http://youtu.be/jQtbElnRX0g

What the hell, here's my other favourite Dennis song

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

I hear a lot of crying from AC / DC fans. But, you know Bon Scott died and people never said well Brian Johnson's AC / DC ain't real man.

Actually I hear that kind of thing a lot in Australia.

I'm a huge fan of Brian Johnston and it drives me nuts because basically you can not say anything to shower praise on him without someone always interjecting that it's not the same since Bon.

Obviously there's the real fans who grew up listening to Bon and loved him, but I also wonder if it's become a bit hipster to have the opinion that Bon is best. Seems like it's said a lot so that people who don't really listen to rock music at all can appear knowledgable about Ac/Dc when the topic comes up.

Anyway Axl has really delivered on this, to me he was pretty much the only person in the world who had a shot at replicating Brian. There's so much of Brian's character and mood in the songs even when he's not always involved in the songwriting. But Axl has brought his A level game and is really delivering. So although I'll always love Brian i'm also going to just enjoy this for what it is - as it's pretty damn cool in it's own right.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Man, I really love Bon but always respected Brian. I think it might be some hipster stuff like you said, but Brian era AC/DC is sooooooo overplayed on the radio I can see it being a turn off and I think that's what happened to me. Bon is my favorite AC/DC singer, but Back In Black is my favorite album, if that makes sense...

But I also hate Bruce Dickinson and love Paul Di'Anno tongue

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

I'm a huge fan of Brian Johnston and it drives me nuts because basically you can not say anything to shower praise on him without someone always interjecting that it's not the same since Bon.

Obviously there's the real fans who grew up listening to Bon and loved him, but I also wonder if it's become a bit hipster to have the opinion that Bon is best. Seems like it's said a lot so that people who don't really listen to rock music at all can appear knowledgable about Ac/Dc when the topic comes up.

Anyway Axl has really delivered on this, to me he was pretty much the only person in the world who had a shot at replicating Brian. There's so much of Brian's character and mood in the songs even when he's not always involved in the songwriting. But Axl has brought his A level game and is really delivering. So although I'll always love Brian i'm also going to just enjoy this for what it is - as it's pretty damn cool in it's own right.

Brian was great, no doubt. But he caught the rest of the band in the later part of their career. The Bon era was better overall. Better lyrics, more variation in the vocal style, much better collection of albums overall with a 100% quality rate (vs. a very spotty quality rate in the Brian era).

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

any one had success with 3 singers before?

I can't think of a band that has.

The third singer is usually the death knell.

Let's hope Axl remains "guest" singer.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

AC/DC was a good band, but with Brian they became super star Rock Gods....  I love the bon era, but they went from a hard rock band with Bon to at times a Metal Band with Johnson...

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

monkeychow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

It's definitely the hipster thing to say 'Ya it's just not ACDC without Bon'. Fine if you prefer Bon but fuck off with this shit, that was 36 years ago. ACDC have released the most successful rock album of all time since then.

I'd personally rather this Axl thing is temporary. Great as he sounds I want that in GNR and his focus in GNR. It's fine as a short term side project but then hopefully (though I seriously doubt it) they can get Brian back in. I think Axl will be looked upon far more favourably by ACDC fans as Brians short term stand in than as his long term replacement.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...my thing is I prefer the Brian era generally to the bon era - sure Bon has some great songs too - not taking anything away from him - but Back in Black and Thunderstruck...etc.....it's not like Brian never achieved anything with the band...most of my favourite Ac/Dc songs are his.

I'd like to see some type of hybrid going forward. Brian can still sing in the studio, but Axl sure is nailing it live. I wish they could move forward with Axl but still kinda include brian but letting him do studio stuff and or occasionally do a song live if his hearing is protected or something.

Board footer