You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Climate Change

misterID wrote:

You don't have to take the governments word for it, but actual scientists, not armchair scientists who are anti climate change for the purposes of big business for their blogs, radio shows and Fox News. Yes, there will be money made on bio fuel and solar through industry, and that's a good thing = jobs, clean air = good. How can a capitalist pro fee market individual be against industry making a profit? We can believe people are lying that climate change is real just to make money, but it's completely unbelievable that people are denying climate change... To keep making money?

climate change deniers are on the level of truthers and other conspiracy theory peeps.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

About the truthers... I am not sure I believe Obama was born in Hawaii either, but what does it matter? He was the chosen one anyway. Pollux felt his birth certificate was fake no doubt. As far as him being Muslim, he was around it for sure as a child, but I don't care what faith he is. I just want a good president. At this point I don't care what faith Obama practices or where he was born.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Actual scientists getting paid by the gov't a shit ton of money?  No thanks. They have a agenda. As soon as someone explains how we could come out of the ice age long before fossil fuels were being burnt but that can't possibly be the same reason things are changing now, I'll consider listening. I've never not believed things are changing, but I don't trust the why.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Actual scientists getting paid by the gov't a shit ton of money?  No thanks. They have a agenda. As soon as someone explains how we could come out of the ice age long before fossil fuels were being burnt but that can't possibly be the same reason things are changing now, I'll consider listening. I've never not believed things are changing, but I don't trust the why.

What scientists are you talking about? Who's being paid off my the government and what branch is doing it and what's the evidence?

Like this guy?
SCIENCE
Prominent climate change denier now admits he was wrong (+video)
Richard Muller, who directed a Koch-funded climate change project, has undergone a 'total turnaround' on his stance on global warming, which he now admits is caused by human activity.
http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2012/0 … rong-video

SG, you're talking about birthers, truthers are the 9/11 crazies, but both are on the same level.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Climate is always changing. What I do know is what man has done for the most part has not "helped" the situation. I think we can all agree with that

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

Not everything is, or has to be, a conspiracy.

But there are plenty of independent studies that are not funded by the government or big corporations and yet they all manage to reach the same conclusion(s).

Lomax wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The earth's temperature has changed long before people came along. I suppose we came out of the ice age because people were burning fossil fuels?   Climate change is real, sure. Not convinced that the reasons are what we've been told, and I certainly am not going to take the government's word for it.

It's not about the fact that it has changed. It is about the speed at which it is changing.

Also, about not being convinced you don't need to be convinced. It's not an argument. It's a reality.

buzzsaw wrote:

The Governments of the world have a lot less money to spend on climate change research than Oil companies.

Also with smart sensing technology in place the world over now and the open access to historical climate its very easy for the average citizen to work out the climate change equation for themselves.

A huge amount of work on climate change is not done by well funded scientists anyway. It is undertaken by early stage researchers and phd students who haven't got a pot to piss in.

CSS 2.0 wrote:

Not everything is, or has to be, a conspiracy.

It does if you're lazy and emotionally invested in a certain world view.

Also, great went through a huge phase of Peter Gabriel a few years back.
Excellent musician.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Sheeple. Believe everything you're told. Sad that I won't be around when the reality is finally figured out.

Nobody is even claiming there isn't something to it. There is. But you're not getting the whole story. They tell you what they want you to believe and the scientists have a vested interest in global warming being a man made thing. If you don't believe that, you're simply a fool. Because of that, everything they say while probably grounded in truth is unlikely the whole story. That is the part I am questioning.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Sheeple. Believe everything you're told. Sad that I won't be around when the reality is finally figured out.

Nobody is even claiming there isn't something to it. There is. But you're not getting the whole story. They tell you what they want you to believe and the scientists have a vested interest in global warming being a man made thing. If you don't believe that, you're simply a fool. Because of that, everything they say while probably grounded in truth is unlikely the whole story. That is the part I am questioning.

You're free to question anything you want, but without providing any proof to back up your conspiracy theories you shouldn't expect anyone to take you seriously. I have yet to hear anyone provide a cogent argument that goes beyond "because government" or "because money". If you really believe it's a hoax, then put some effort into it and come up with your own scientific theory, or at the very least point to real peer reviewed studies that support your position.

You'll forgive those of us that have looked at the actual scientific facts and are adamant about driving an agenda that leaves our planet habitable and hospitable for our children and grandchildren.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

"Scientific facts" change all the time. Go watch John Oliver's scientific studies segment on YouTube. He seems to be pretty liberal, so maybe you can get some insight into how those studies really go.

Board footer