You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Finck to perform with Gilby Clarke and Dave Kushner

James wrote:

Found this while reading.....

http://fincklandboard.proboards.com/thr … rollTo=854

According to website Gamereactor Robin will be performing with Gilby Clarke and Dave Kushner (among others) on 14 June.

GungHo's Let it Die E3 concert
The Hellcat Saints join former Silent Hill composer at show in LA.

Text: Sergio Figueroa

Published the 2nd of Jun 2016

While the Microsoft Theatre (former Nokia Theatre) will be filled with Nintendo-themed music thanks to the orchestrated Pokémon Symphonic Evolutions concert, at the other side of the same street in LA GungHo Online Entertainment is arranging a very different genre music event, this time filled with rock tunes, as its completely dedicated to the action-horror game Let it Die, from Grasshopper's Goichi Suda and Akira Yamaoka.

On Tuesday June 14, the Conga Room venue in Los Angeles is presenting The Hellcat Saints, the band created by the former Guns N' Roses musician Dave Kushner with a bunch of artists from other bands. At this event they'll be joined by Robin Finck (NIN), Blascko (Ozzy Osbourne's band), Joey Castillo (Queens of the Stone Age), Gilby Clarke (Guns N' Roses) and Franky Perez. Acting as guest artist, Linkin' Park's singer Chester Bennington will contribute with his voice.

The gig opens its door at 7PM local time, and Yamaoka-san himself will kick off the music with his unmistakable guitar sounds, as he's of course responsible for Let it Die's original soundtrack. Guest host is showman and comedian Bill Burr. There's a registration page at the game's official site, which seems to suggest tickets are free after previous approval/invite.

Suda51 and Yamaoka's love for this type of music and punk style is well known and has been illustrated in many games, and Suda-san himself told Gamereactor Let it Die "will have punk spirit".

www.gamereactor.eu/news/423863/Yamaoka+performs+live+at+GungHos+Let+it+Die+E3+concert/

johndivney wrote:

Super Metroid possibly my favourite ever soundtrack.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Dave Kushner was formerly in Guns N' Roses? I think they took that rumor a little too seriously.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Nice catch. I didn't even pick up on that at first glance. The standards for these online articles are definitely on the decline. Even if the person doesn't like hard rock, it would've taken a 5 second google search to see that Kushner was in VR. Very lazy reporting.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Ever since seeing this:

I've always wanted Finck to take the lead in a Zeppelin-type band. One of those 1970s setups like Zep or Queen*, where you get a killer singer, bassist and drummer and one guitarist with a really distinctive tone and do really stripped-back rock. Chester would be absolutely perfect alongside Finck if they were to do something along those lines. Get Grohl or Jason Bonham in on drums. Hell, get John Paul Jones on bass, why not? Or Melissa Auf der Maur, her backing vocals would work really well alongside the raspier Bennington and Finck.

*I'm thinking of their live setup here, not the heavily-produced studio stuff, obvs.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Anyway, here they are doing Paradise City:

Board footer