You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 9/7/16 NISSAN STADIUM, NASHVILLE, TN UNITED STATES

johndivney wrote:
Aussie wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I doubt Axl went backstage and told security to get the Izzy sign.

Izzy's been almost every tour with whatever line-up, including the last set of shows in 2014. I have difficulty believing Axl thought that much of it.

I agree I think he probably thought nothing more about it after he made the comment.  I don't think for a second he went backstage and told security to act on it.

Not sure why his people don't take a similar attitude tho??.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if you guys are calling it wrong, that axl did go & tell them to remove the sign.

You guys give axl way too much credit.
Or maybe I don't give him enough.

AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Aussie wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I doubt Axl went backstage and told security to get the Izzy sign.

Izzy's been almost every tour with whatever line-up, including the last set of shows in 2014. I have difficulty believing Axl thought that much of it.

I agree I think he probably thought nothing more about it after he made the comment.  I don't think for a second he went backstage and told security to act on it.

Not sure why his people don't take a similar attitude tho??.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if you guys are calling it wrong, that axl did go & tell them to remove the sign.

You're too cynical. Most fans are.

Axl is guilty of things, but people especially on the Internet make things up. Especially fans.

Izzy was on the last tour, he's on almost every tour and never seemed to care about who was or wasn't in the band. He'll probably show randomly for a show or two this tour whether he plans to currently or not.

johndivney wrote:
AtariLegend[/quote wrote:
johndivney wrote:

You're too cynical. Most fans are.

Axl is guilty of things, but people especially on the Internet make things up. Especially fans.

Izzy was on the last tour, he's on almost every tour and never seemed to care about who was or wasn't in the band. He'll probably show randomly for a show or two this tour whether he plans to currently or not.

Well I didn't say axl definitely did it, I just said I wouldn't be surprised if he did. You can't deny the possibility exists that he's responsible for it being pulled?

Axl is guilty of things. But fans are always willing to defend him without justification.
& this is history repeating itself.

Izzy was first brought on board to try & legitimise axls floundering Chinese project. You think he just rocked up randomly & knocked on the door asking if he could play? Him n axl catch up on old times on the mean streets of Lafayette? These things are decided well in advance, with a fee agreed upon.. He never seemed to care before who was in the band because slash & duff weren't there! & he was getting paid what he thought was fair..

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Sounds like a fuss about nothing.

We know Izzy was backstage but didn't come out for whatever reason. So perhaps there was tension over something. Those security/handler guys are paid to ensure the show goes off without a hitch. If there's Izzy backstage and they know there's been a bit of drama (speculation) and there's a fan holding up a 'Where's Izzy?' sign, it's not a massive leap to see why they might think it best to remove the sign. With or without Axl's (or Slash and Duffs) say so.

A Private Eye

Izzy being backstage does suggest we might get the AFD 5 sooner than we thought though.

They need to be careful how they handle it though because much like Slash returning in the CD era people might not accept anything else. Nobody was going to want DJ or Ron if Slash started guesting. Likewise if Izzy and Steven start making guest appearances together at random shows people will start questioning the need for Frank and Richard.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

A Private Eye wrote:

Izzy being backstage does suggest we might get the AFD 5 sooner than we thought though.

They need to be careful how they handle it though because much like Slash returning in the CD era people might not accept anything else. Nobody was going to want DJ or Ron if Slash started guesting. Likewise if Izzy and Steven start making guest appearances together at random shows people will start questioning the need for Frank and Richard.

Nah. No-one questioned the need for Darryl Jones and Ron Wood when Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor guested on the Rolling Stones' last tour. The touring line-up with Frank and Fortus is a well-oiled machine and is the obvious choice to take into the studio; it can happily accommodate guest spots. Izzy will be happy enough guesting – for the right price – and it fits into his lifestyle better than being part of a big touring production, with all the drama and schedules and faffing about. Adler is just happy to be there playing with his boys.

johndivney wrote:

Why be happy with some brand cola when you can have classic coke?
Dump fortus n Frank asap get the real deal in. Fortus shouldn't even be there Franks only in due to questions over Steven but he's shown he can cut it, shoulda been given a couple of shots at a full rehearsal before just sticking with Frank. If Steven had sailed thru those rehearsals then give him the gig. Maybe next year hopefully..

A Private Eye

Nah. No-one questioned the need for Darryl Jones and Ron Wood when Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor guested on the Rolling Stones' last tour. The touring line-up with Frank and Fortus is a well-oiled machine and is the obvious choice to take into the studio; it can happily accommodate guest spots. Izzy will be happy enough guesting – for the right price – and it fits into his lifestyle better than being part of a big touring production, with all the drama and schedules and faffing about. Adler is just happy to be there playing with his boys.

Apples and oranges I think.

Ronnie Wood probably has the 3rd biggest public profile of any Rolling Stone past or present. Nobody would call for him to step aside because to many he's as much a Rolling Stone as Mick and Keith. Their discog with Ron is bigger and more successful than most bands could dream of.

Whilst not Ronnie Wood level fame Izzy and Steven have a bigger profile than Richard and Frank. Not to mention most of GNR's crowning musical acheivements came with one or both of them in the band.

I take your point on the practicalities of touring with Izzy and Steven and agree but to a casual or the media I think it would definitely raise the question.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I'm honestly more interested in a Fortus/Slash combo than an Izzy/Slash one at this point. I'm interested to hear what they'd sound like in studio, for one thing. And Fortus has shown loyalty to the band over the last decade and a half; Izzy turned up for a pay cheque on the last few tours and threw a hissy fit when he didn't get a bigger cut on this one.

johndivney wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I'm honestly more interested in a Fortus/Slash combo than an Izzy/Slash one at this point. I'm interested to hear what they'd sound like in studio, for one thing. And Fortus has shown loyalty to the band over the last decade and a half; Izzy turned up for a pay cheque on the last few tours and threw a hissy fit when he didn't get a bigger cut on this one.

I don't understand this at all. Look at the songwriting quality of Izzy vs Fortus.
Why let loyalty dictate quality of product? Makes no sense to me..

Board footer