You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Izzy tweet about Axl and Duff interview

Smoking Guns wrote:

But Alder IS part of it. Izzy is not. Who looks silly now??! And Adler is Killing it when he does show where as Izzy isn't even plugged in. Haha. If Izzy had Adler's attitude they would likely pay him more.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Bailed on GNR 2 weeks before their biggest tour ever.
Bailed on his own band
Bailed on VR
Bailed at RNRHOF

And he wonders why he isn't an equal.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I'm a fan of Izzy, but the other 3 have every right to stand their ground. He quit on them in the middle of a massive world tour. Why should they give him an equal share now? Flip side is that he helped write the songs and he has every right to feel that he should receive equal treatment. Neither side is wrong.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Well, life is tough Izzy, you live with the choices you make.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Also myth of Axl`s integrity and how he`s never motivated by money should be put to rest.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

You guys make valid points but I can't feel great with this "it's just business" approach.
That's exactly my point - it clearly is just all about business and a cash grab, so I guess we can all acknowledge that.

Just a shame that the principal songwriter, founding member and soul of the band isn't part of it because they wanted to split an absolute fortune 3 ways instead of 4. I always thought Guns represented something different than commerce. From a music/art, legacy and 'band of brother's/shared history sense, it is a shame for me. But perhaps I'm too much of a romantic and should just enjoy this solely for what it is - a massive, last chance saloon cash grab feeding off the 30-40 set who never saw them in their heyday.

I also find the "Izzy is a flake" apologism laughable - look at the output of 'Guns N' Roses' since his departure? He bailed on a bunch of barely functioning drug addicts, alcoholics and a raging megalomaniac out of touch with reality in 91 who was trying and succeeding in minimising his involvement in the band more and more. You can chart a very clear trajectory of pre-GNR Sucking and post with Izzys presence and departure.

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

As for defending Team Brazil - I'm guessing Duff and Slash's professional management and industry nous has more to do with Not in this Lifetime tour not being amateur hour than them given their track record to date. Just a hunch...

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

THE principal songwriter? I think that is overstating Izzy's role. He was important but so were the others. This wasn't Motley Crue where one guy was writing everything.

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

They were all important but in my opinion, he was crucial to the creation of amazing songs. He was the catalyst. Look at how many great songs they mustered post his departure. Says it all.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

They were all important but in my opinion, he was crucial to the creation of amazing songs. He was the catalyst. Look at how many great songs they mustered post his departure. Says it all.

He was critically important to the chemistry of the band for sure. No doubt about it. But he wasn't the main writer on their most popular songs (Jungle, Child, Paradise, November).

Board footer