You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:

A simple "like usual you're right buzz" would have saved you a lot of typing.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

A simple "like usual you're right buzz" would have saved you a lot of typing.

You weren't actually...your theory or thesis was that Trump brought out the Republican base...he didn't...you're wrong.

Always have been...always will be.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Trump wants to end birth right citizenship now...really baiting his base. Where are all the constitutional scholars on here who believe and law and the word of the constitution.

Oh that's right...you only believe in it when it supports your agenda.

I wish we can some of the knuckle draggers back where they came from.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

YOUR numbers show an increase in Republican votes and a decrease in Democratic votes.  Those are your numbers dude and they say exactly what I said.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

YOUR numbers show an increase in Republican votes and a decrease in Democratic votes.  Those are your numbers dude and they say exactly what I said.

No they don’t....outside of one state. There is no significant difference difference in voters who voted republican...the same assholes who voted for Romney voted for Trump. The minor differences from 2012 to 2016 could be easily explained by slow population growth and eligible voters in each state.

It’s no wonder you believe everything trump tells you...your analytical skills leave much to be desired.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

No they don’t....outside of one state. There is no significant difference difference in voters who voted republican...the same assholes who voted for Romney voted for Trump. The minor differences from 2012 to 2016 could be easily explained by slow population growth and eligible voters in each state.

It’s no wonder you believe everything trump tells you...your analytical skills leave much to be desired.

Maybe you don’t think swings of 300k voters is a big deal, but they are.

Clinton lost 100k votes Obama had. Trump gained over 2 million from Romney. Your entire argument is wrong.

If anything, these numbers prove the opposite of your thesis. Votes for Obama and Clinton were statistically the same. Trump had approx 4% more votes than Romney.

But let’s test your theory right now.

I’m a “Republican”, and have voted for a bunch of democrats, Clinton being one of them. You’re a “democrat”. How many republicans have you voted for?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Clinton lost 100k votes Obama had. Trump gained over 2 million from Romney. Your entire argument is wrong.

If anything, these numbers prove the opposite of your thesis. Votes for Obama and Clinton were statistically the same. Trump had approx 4% more votes than Romney.

I’m a “Republican”, and have voted for a bunch of democrats, Clinton being one of them. You’re a “democrat”. How many republicans have you voted for?

For president? I’ve voted in exactly three presidential elections....all three times the candidate i voted for lost. Gore...Kerry and Hillary.

I never voted for Obama...i moved to a new state and just decided it wasn’t worth it to go through the trouble of voting registration so i didn’t vote. Hillary was the first vote i cast in 12 years.

If you’re a fake Christian I’m not voting for you

If you’re a loud blustering asshole I’m not gonna vote for you.

I’m going back to not voting because i feel better not being invested.

Also trumps platform is nothing but hate....i won’t get behind it and i hate my president with a passion. I can’t wait til someone knocks his ass down.

In any case republicans are usually an uninspiring bunch to me...cut taxes and hate on brown people....you got nothing else to offer.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Also if a candidate ran on expelling entitled people in this country who give nothing but have been here for 4 generations....I’d vote for that republican

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Also if a candidate ran on expelling entitled people in this country who give nothing but have been here for 4 generations....I’d vote for that republican

Ummm, think on that one for a minute, Mitch.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:

Trump wants to end birth right citizenship now...really baiting his base. Where are all the constitutional scholars on here who believe and law and the word of the constitution.

Oh that's right...you only believe in it when it supports your agenda.

I wish we can some of the knuckle draggers back where they came from.

See, this is the kind of shit I like to discuss.

Trump is wrong to use an EO here, just as Obama was wrong on DACA. But there’s a key distinction here.

Congress already established who could legally reside and be employed in the US. Obama lacked the authority to change that and confer legal status to potentially millions of illegals.

The 14th amendment doesn’t guarantee unrestricted birth right citizenship. It’s certainly the common view, but no court has ever ruled that, and the authors of the amendment certainly didn’t think it would apply to the children of non-citizens.

So IF Trump actually signs this, it will immediately be stopped by a federal court. Not just the 9th circuit, but any court. Because the stakes if Trump is wrong are too great. So it’ll work it’s way through the system to SCOTUS, who will once and for all settle the debate.

I don’t think any rational person can believe the 14th amendment applies to Chinese women who fly here a day before their due date on a tourist visa to get an anchor baby. But SCOTUS, and SCOTUS only gets to decide that.

Anyone claiming the matter is settled or pointing to a law or verdict is a liar or grossly misinformed.

Board footer