You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

10 minutes of "Nothing to do with the president" lol

I have not watched television news in quite some time...occasionally I'll watch a clip here or there but I really hate how TV news makes me feel. The above video is a clip that really made me feel I was right to not watch TV news media. It's really brilliant and he makes corollaries to professional wrestling and CNN and Ted Turner which if you know anything about wrestling you'd know that Ted Turner owns CNN and owned probably the second most successful wrestling promotion (WCW) in the history of wrestling.

It's about 15 minutes long but it's worth it.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

It appears trump has caved....not clear on the details....

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

You will bitch about this too. Lol.

Nancy not involved in talks? Congress all went home. Lol. Guess a few more days of shut down. He can’t open without approval.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

You will bitch about this too. Lol.

Nancy not involved in talks? Congress all went home. Lol. Guess a few more days of shut down. He can’t open without approval.

Not at all....i enjoy making trump look weak.

And any notion that this was all about public safety while TSA was being comprised (a far larger security concern compared to the wall) is nonsensical.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Yeah, he caved. Still no wall money. Must be the art of the deal.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

lol, yeah. He lost. Repubs gained nothing, and no money towards the wall. Nor any agreement they will get funding in the future.

Dems aren't going to approve funding again either, so it'll be Trump passing this using a National Emergency. Whether it goes thru or not who knows, but the Trump Shutdown was a failure, complete waste of time, achieved zero, and won't get the wall he said Mexico would pay for built.

Colossal failure.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I was on the road & listening to the radio. Only talk radio is mostly conservative, so Rush it was lol. (In total Philly fashion I was on my wayto order a cheesesteak for lunch. I went in, ordered it, got it, came back to my car & Trump was STILL talking lol).  Rush would chime in now & then saying "Yeah cause the Dems"  "Cause Pelosi" etc. and there was a moment where he said something along the lines of "Still waiting to hear what they negotiated on this"  hoping  for a kind of eureka! moment to say 'Ha!  The Dems caved'  but oddly that moment came. The speech ended, and Rush then spun it as 'Ok so NOW Trump is giving the Dems 3 weeks for them to negotiate this deal, and fund this wall. Ha!' as if Trump made some great chessplay and putting the onus onto the democrats like it was a genius at work.  All it was is Trump giving in for nothing.

Also, funny Rush 'claimed' there's stories out there that Pelosi wanted to hold off on the SOTU bc she was afraid new Dems would lash out like AOC & Talib. lol, yeah, ok 14

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I was on the road & listening to the radio. Only talk radio is mostly conservative, so Rush it was lol. (In total Philly fashion I was on my wayto order a cheesesteak for lunch. I went in, ordered it, got it, came back to my car & Trump was STILL talking lol).  Rush would chime in now & then saying "Yeah cause the Dems"  "Cause Pelosi" etc. and there was a moment where he said something along the lines of "Still waiting to hear what they negotiated on this"  hoping  for a kind of eureka! moment to say 'Ha!  The Dems caved'  but oddly that moment came. The speech ended, and Rush then spun it as 'Ok so NOW Trump is giving the Dems 3 weeks for them to negotiate this deal, and fund this wall. Ha!' as if Trump made some great chessplay and putting the onus onto the democrats like it was a genius at work.  All it was is Trump giving in for nothing.

Also, funny Rush 'claimed' there's stories out there that Pelosi wanted to hold off on the SOTU bc she was afraid new Dems would lash out like AOC & Talib. lol, yeah, ok 14

I think Trump wants to deliver the SOTU and that motivates him as much as anything. His vanity.

What an idiot....he’s never looked weaker in my opinion. Nixon was smart enough to know not to put himself in these positions.

Here’s what’s interesting...what happens in 3 weeks?

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Oh Pelosi's gonna stand firm. She's not gonna give any $. She basically stated as much & will dare him to shut it down again knowing he can't.

He'll do the declare a national emergency thing.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I think Trump wants to deliver the SOTU and that motivates him as much as anything. His vanity.

What an idiot....he’s never looked weaker in my opinion. Nixon was smart enough to know not to put himself in these positions.

He will not get wall money in 3 weeks. He’ll declare a national emergency. It’ll get tied up in courts for years and he can claim victory without achieving anything. That’s most likely.

Or he could get substantially less wall money and still declare victory, as could Dems.

I see no way he gets the full $6b, which by the way is only for a small portion of the wall.

Board footer