You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

I still really like Amy Klobuchar and Andrew Yang, though neither will get the nomination.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

They have to. Had they followed Pelosi's lead they would have come off a lot better, but they really boxed her into the corner in the last three days, and she capitulated to the crazies. Now, with whatever juvenile stupidity he blubbered through today, he called her on the cover up stuff. People expect Trump to be a child, democrats ran on being adults. He can frame this as they're obstructing with the investigations, I mean it's getting to the point where it looks like harassment, when it was supposed to have ended with the Mueller report. The media isn't helping with their pro impeachment coverage.

Why is it harrasment now but it wasn’t harrasment to Hillary or Bill?

The republicans have followed through on their threats.

It was harassment. The only difference was that several people were killed in Benghazi. And dems are literally going back on their words and own positions when THEY claimed this kind of thing was harassment.

How can you not at least consider this strategywhen it was proven so successful for the republicans?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I still really like Amy Klobuchar and Andrew Yang, though neither will get the nomination.

Amy Klobuchar is a good old fashioned Midwest style democrat. Mild mannered, somewhat reserved....unfortunately i don’t know how that plays out for the entire country. They might see that as boring.

There is no way a guy like Trump should win in the Midwest. From him being a fast talking New Yorker to his awful behavior...a person like him would be shunned in the Midwest.

But somehow he took Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio (is this considered the Midwest?)

Klobucher should be exactly what Iowans want in their primary. If she could win there then who knows.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Why is it harrasment now but it wasn’t harrasment to Hillary or Bill?

The republicans have followed through on their threats.

It was harassment. The only difference was that several people were killed in Benghazi. And dems are literally going back on their words and own positions when THEY claimed this kind of thing was harassment.

How can you not at least consider this strategywhen it was proven so successful for the republicans?

Republicans lost, though. Part of Trump's victory was rejecting the Republican establishment.

I honestly think Klobuchar could beat Trump. I'd love it if Yang was her running mate. Believe it or not, the only person giving Yang a platform is Tucker Carlson. I'm not sold on his Universal Basic Income plan, but I think it could work by replacing food stamps with cash for the working poor, like what Nixon wanted to do. Basically subsidizing low wage jobs in poor communities instead of corporations.

misterID

misterID wrote:

And Beto is done. That dude was terrible from the start.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

And Beto is done. That dude was terrible from the start.

What happened?  I googled him & seems he had a CNN town hall last night with low ratings. While I'm not a huge fan of his running I'm not sure I'd put everything into that.

misterID

misterID wrote:

He wasn't a great candidate to begin with, but mayor Pete stole his media mojo. He just had to "restart" his campaign, whatever that means.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Oh, right. I mean, he's sorta grasping at straws anyway. I can't see him being much more than a VP choice for a select few Dems. IMHO only Warren could be a good match for him, maybe a couple others but I really don't see what he brings to the table for them. I don't think Klobuchar or Harris would benefit with him on the ticket.

As President, no. Awful choice. Let's just move on from him with that (inexperience, just some rando).

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'm wondering if Biden makes it to the nomination. He's got got a huge lead, much bigger than the lead Hillary had over Bernie. But I wonder if he can keep it. The only challenge I see is Pete.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I don't think Bidens a lock to win. Imho he's about 50% chance, with all other 20+ candidates adding up to 50% to beat him. One needs to begin gaining traction with the first & second debates to really get a boost. Otherwise, if a few go by & it gets to fall with the same lead, I don't think they have much chance.

Board footer