You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

It’s Biden’s to lose. Whether that’s good or bad depends on how progressive you want to go.

I think it would be foolish to rule anyone out yet. I don’t know enough about Beto to accept or deny him. Any democrat who garners that much of the Texas vote cannot be denied.

I think we can rule out at least a dozen people right now.

Beto raised an insane amount of money (his wife is an heiress), had the backing of the entire media, and ran against one of the most unpopular politicians in America, let alone Texas, and he lost.

mitchejw wrote:

Also...did anyone see trumps meltdown yesterday...was that really an unscheduled appearance where he just ranted?

Yeah, this is what we call a typical Thursday 16

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I think Mitch McConnell is the worst thing that ever happened to politics.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na- … story.html

misterID

misterID wrote:

I would want him on my team.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I think Mitch McConnell is the worst thing that ever happened to politics.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na- … story.html

He's up there.

Rove.
Cheney.
W.
Rumsfeld.
Nixon.
Edwards was scum.

Wonder who else really stands out. Prolly some Senators & Governors who were corrupt but I just cant think of them. Baltimores had a bad run.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Its clear, sucks Mueller chose to speak cryptic, the Trumptards wont be able to comprehend advanced English to put 2 & 2 togethet but they support this bonehead so we really shouldnt be surprised?

Why cant a sitting President be charged with a crime? (Specifically. If you say its in the Constitution please copy and paste the text)

and secondly, shouldnt we the people be up for an amendment to enable them to going forward.

misterID

misterID wrote:

For one, it's clear it would be used for political purposes. Secondly, the thought is that a President shouldn't be distracted while performing the duties of the presidency while in office.

Muller didn't say anything that wasn't in the report, so anyone acting like this is a gotcha is being as dishonest as anyone trying to say it clears him. Right now, the call for impeachment is that he "could have" or "perhaps maybe" committed obstruction. That's not impeachable, imo. And Comey deserved to be fired.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

If he DID NOT commit a crime, we would have said so.
Mueller did not say so.
Hence, Trump DID commit a crime.

Its simple logical formula. Flagg can even vouch for that, he prolly knows Java or C+ computer programming arguments.

Also,
We did not seek to charge him with a crime, due to longstanding policy that a president cant be charged with a crime.

And
We didnt comment on if we found he commited a crime, since he wouldnt have a chance in court to essentially clear his name.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I read where someone said its stated somewhere a President can only be removed from office via impeachment, so if he went to jail, he'd be 'removed from office', so its basically a catch 22 that we now have a criminal as president.

Yeah!!! Go Trump!  'Murica

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Gotta admit Pelosis handling this well. Considering only a year or so ago she was considered a wacko left wing radical.

misterID

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

If he DID NOT commit a crime, we would have said so.
Mueller did not say so.
Hence, Trump DID commit a crime.

Its simple logical formula. Flagg can even vouch for that, he prolly knows Java or C+ computer programming arguments.

Also,
We did not seek to charge him with a crime, due to longstanding policy that a president cant be charged with a crime.

And
We didn't comment on if we found he commited a crime, since he wouldnt have a chance in court to essentially clear his name.

That makes no sense. If that's the case, even if you can't charge him, you can state exactly what he did that would lead to impeach. Otherwise he should have resigned two years ago and not spent tens of millions of dollars if his conclusion was: "we're not saying he did or did not do anything, but if he did we could not charge him, so we can't say one way or another, so please don't ask me about this ever again."

Board footer