You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

OK that's actually pretty funny. Irrelevant to why anyone is voting for her as she's the best choice by process of elimination, but its still funny.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

No, Randall, and that's why I'm not a Democrat, though I admittedly side with them more often than not. I don't have a fraternity mindset, I don't need to belong to a club, or group thought, I value my independence and individuality. And growing up in a Republican family and community, I can say they're worse, and even more fake... Democrats don't have the balls to do the blatant shady shit Republicans do. And let me ask, why are there conservative democrats and NO liberal Republicans?

You guys made Obama the great Satan before he was even elected, and no matter what he did you guys were going to deem him a failure. Like SG continually crowing he's getting good marks because he's black, which is friggin stupid. I think you need to take your own advice and look at yourself.  You throw out these terms that we're weaker, but how exactly?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Isn't it obvious?  America's military position and status as the sole superpower. Russia took over parts of Georgia in 2008 amidst the oncoming election between Obama and McCain. Obama took a "ahh shucks, Russia isn't a threat" theme which he continued into 2012. McCain ran the opposite making his famous "when I look into Putin's eyes I see 'KGB'" argument during the debates and advocating for an American response. Obama did nothing. Romney echoed the sentiment in 2012 to which Obama mocked him about talking about Calvary in the 19th century. Russia then takes Crimea.  Not to mention Obama's failed Middle East policy that allowed not only ISIS to form, but to bring Russian military into the Middle East as a military force again.

China is creating fake islands and is now taking over our relationship with the Philippines, which is our primary asset in South East Asia.  If we lose that site, our entire pacific fleet and force projection is dramatically handicapped.  Oh, and that crazy North Korea country having nukes and missles capable of hitting the west coast.

12 years ago there wasn't a country in the world who questioned our supremacy. Now we have every third rate leader acting up because they no longer fear quick and swift retaliation. That's what's always killed me about some of you. You still don't realize this is a high stakes game and the US has to smack the gnats occasionally to remind everyone we can.

So yeah. I think Obama's leadership has greatly hindered our strength globally. And that is to say nothing of our reduced ownership of our own businesses and economic power/influence abroad.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I've always been confused by conservatives and Republicans who always want to go to war. You'll be the first ones to bitch about taxes and government spending until it comes to war. And then they can't wait to spend.

Oh please. Both sides are balls deep in neocon shit. HIllary is itching for a war. You'll get one too.

It's not about both side....that's not what I'm saying....my comment came with regard to what was said previously. You cannot take the comment out of context and just respond to it....

If you're so pissed about Obama no standing up to the Russian president/country then are suggesting that we go to war with Russia? Personally, I am pretty done with any war fought on the other side of the globe in places I will likely never see. I don't care if a Dem or Repub is in charge.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

People are extra forgiving to Barack because he is half black and they don't want to sound like a racist but he has been horrible in many ways.

See when you make statements like that, how do you expect people not to think that you use race or skin color is a pretext to analyzing, assessing, and then criticizing the policies and decisions of another human being?

I am not sure what else to take from comments like that except that you use race and skin color as a pretext to determine and influence your line of thinking in terms of whether or not an idea for a policy was successful or not.

Your party's entire platform is predicated on race and identifying arbitrary differences to make people "special".   You come in this forum and post some sob story about an exchange student who may or may not have been harmed because of his ethnicity.  But remain absolutely mum when 30 people of color are butchered in your own city every week.  You guys try to claim we can't define your silence, but we don't need to.  What you feel obligated to comment on is a direct line into what you find important.   The hypocrisy and double standards to which you feign moral outrage says it all. 

Your party doesn't give a fuck about poor whites in Appalachia.  Jim Webb brought this up in the first primary debate and was mocked for it.  The war on poverty has resulted in your adopted community having a less than 50% high school graduation rate and 70% out of wedlock births - more than any other demographic.  So yes, you're not interested in actual results in policy, but what aligns with your unqualified white guilt.  Your party has accomplished nothing but celebrating ignorance and keeping those least advantaged enslaved to government assistance programs.  If people of color can't achieve equality on their merits and achievements alone, then maybe it's time they abandon the moronic belief systems that tell them they can live free of consequence?

It's not the party that showed me the "differences" between people. You can call the differences "arbitrary" if you want to....but whatever. You speak in the abstract and you keep trying to put me in the position of defending your inferences.

Your idea that this country should solely be filled with war mongering assholes who only seem to validated if they're killing someone of another country/culture/belief system/color sounds a lot like all the countries that you ridicule. Are you in support of Russia's efforts to take over countries that surround them? It seems like you should be....the superior Russia waving its dick around as they take the weak, inferior and probably faggy liberal countries who are just not strong enough to defend themselves seems like something you should support.

EXCEPT....this is the perfect time for 'Murica to take its shirt off, take out it's gun and blow back Russia into its inferior status from 'Murica....thus once again proving the cycle of life....the whole macho manly system is predicated on every backing down to the all mighty 'Murica. But that faggy, pussy Obama decided that a war on the other side of the world over ideas of machismo and 'Muricain made ideas of....well....'Murican superiority and flexing muscles and shootin' guns n' stuff. Sounds like that long, grueling, little skirmish that went on between 1960 to 1975....real succesful venture for us....just like operation Iraqi freedom. There was a whole country of people DEPENDENT on the government to establish/maintain FREEEEEEDOM!!!! Sounds like a buncha pussy fuckin' liberals if you ask me...

YEEEEEE HAWWW!!!!

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

People are extra forgiving to Barack because he is half black and they don't want to sound like a racist but he has been horrible in many ways.

See when you make statements like that, how do you expect people not to think that you use race or skin color is a pretext to analyzing, assessing, and then criticizing the policies and decisions of another human being?

I am not sure what else to take from comments like that except that you use race and skin color as a pretext to determine and influence your line of thinking in terms of whether or not an idea for a policy was successful or not.

Quite the opposite. Reading is hard in this thread.

If Barack's name was Jim Smith, a white dude from Indiana, most would say how underwhelming he was and didn't do shit.
Iran, Russia, ISIS, race relations, slow growth, increased debt etc... all shit that went bad under Barack.

slow growth is an opinion...race relations are a symptom of the time and mood of the people....I do not take my lead from a fucking politician...I already posted about Iran and Russia already (see post above).

Here's list of white people that I like just for you SG!

Richard Nixon
Jim Smith from Indiana
Axl Rose from Indiana fuck Slash he aint white
My friend Pete from Milwaukee
Howard Stern
roddy piper
Mike Ditka
Phil Simms (although Hostetler was probably just as good)
Dwight Eisenhower
BF SKinner
I forget his first name, Tesla

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Your party's entire platform is predicated on race and identifying arbitrary differences to make people "special".   You come in this forum and post some sob story about an exchange student who may or may not have been harmed because of his ethnicity.  But remain absolutely mum when 30 people of color are butchered in your own city every week.  You guys try to claim we can't define your silence, but we don't need to.  What you feel obligated to comment on is a direct line into what you find important.   The hypocrisy and double standards to which you feign moral outrage says it all. 

Your party doesn't give a fuck about poor whites in Appalachia.  Jim Webb brought this up in the first primary debate and was mocked for it.  The war on poverty has resulted in your adopted community having a less than 50% high school graduation rate and 70% out of wedlock births - more than any other demographic.  So yes, you're not interested in actual results in policy, but what aligns with your unqualified white guilt.  Your party has accomplished nothing but celebrating ignorance and keeping those least advantaged enslaved to government assistance programs.  If people of color can't achieve equality on their merits and achievements alone, then maybe it's time they abandon the moronic belief systems that tell them they can live free of consequence?

It's not the party that showed me the "differences" between people. You can call the differences "arbitrary" if you want to....but whatever. You speak in the abstract and you keep trying to put me in the position of defending your inferences.

Your idea that this country should solely be filled with war mongering assholes who only seem to validated if they're killing someone of another country/culture/belief system/color sounds a lot like all the countries that you ridicule. Are you in support of Russia's efforts to take over countries that surround them? It seems like you should be....the superior Russia waving its dick around as they take the weak, inferior and probably faggy liberal countries who are just not strong enough to defend themselves seems like something you should support.

EXCEPT....this is the perfect time for 'Murica to take its shirt off, take out it's gun and blow back Russia into its inferior status from 'Murica....thus once again proving the cycle of life....the whole macho manly system is predicated on every backing down to the all mighty 'Murica. But that faggy, pussy Obama decided that a war on the other side of the world over ideas of machismo and 'Muricain made ideas of....well....'Murican superiority and flexing muscles and shootin' guns n' stuff. Sounds like that long, grueling, little skirmish that went on between 1960 to 1975....real succesful venture for us....just like operation Iraqi freedom. There was a whole country of people DEPENDENT on the government to establish/maintain FREEEEEEDOM!!!! Sounds like a buncha pussy fuckin' liberals if you ask me...

YEEEEEE HAWWW!!!!

Are you done with story time?  I believe in everyone working together and playing by the rules.  If you want western technology and want access to our markets, play by our rules.   If you act up like Sadam and threaten stability, you get smacked.  That doesn't mean you enter our countries and declare them yours now.  That's threatening the stability.  It's called putting a line in the sand and sending military assets to stand their ground.  I don't want to go to war with anyone.  Been there, done that.  It's not fun.  But you forget that this wonderful society didn't just manifest itself into existence.  Our grandfathers and great grandfathers built this country and made it the superpower it is today.  They sacrificed for it.  Men and women sacrifice for it today by volunteering to suit up and go wherever their country tells them to go so other people know it's not okay to come here and knock down and take what we've built.  Men and women are creating business and new ideas that better our society.  Everyone else is just a bystander taking advantage of what the others have sacrificed to maintain.  Where do you fit in to the equation?

You come across as someone who's never taken a stand for anything or ever stood up for yourself. Did the jocks flick you in the ear and call you a 'faggot'? At least that's what I hear when you automatically assume every military action is a dick measuring contest.   Some jocks flicked me in the ear and called me a 'faggot' too.  But I smacked them in the mouth and they all of a sudden weren't as bold.  I'm not saying nor have I ever advocated a military response to every infraction.  But Chirst, if you're not willing to get smacked in the mouth when someone is trying to come in your house and fuck your wife, when is it appropriate?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Randall has dominated the past 2 pages. And he voted for Hillary. Difference between Randall and the HRC voters is he calls out the bullshit while you guys find no issues and immediately talk about Trump. There is only one truly corrupt person running for president. Only one!! Hillary R. Clinton is maybe the most corrupt person to ever run for the Oval Office. Obama was a goof, but was not corrupt. Trump pretty much has a clean record except maybe Trump U and saying stupid shit. But the Clinton foundation started for one reason only, corruption.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Does the DNC really reimburse the tax payers to fly OBAMA and Michelle and Biden all over the country to campaign for Hillary? I know all presidents do this, but I assume OBAMA has been on the trail more than most. Seems daily. Who pays for this? Trump suppprters? Ha

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Trump is just as corrupt, for crying out loud. And he's a piece of shit too. You'll probably hear a lot more about his shady dealings after the election.

I might have had doubts last week, but i'm back to thinking he's going to get his ass kicked tomorrow and then throw a temper tantrum about it.

A secondary result to look for: Can Gary Johnson get to 5% and get the Libertarian Party matching federal funds. I hope so.

Board footer