You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

The fed and governors were in charge of "throwing money at big business," you know the ones who employ the most people and want to make sure people have a job to come back to?

So F small business? Big business has the most power.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Trump is mocking Romney for fears about being exposed.

This is a moment where i have to ask again: why/how is the president justified telling us to get along and put out differences aside while he models behavior that is petty and small.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

The fed and governors were in charge of "throwing money at big business," you know the ones who employ the most people and want to make sure people have a job to come back to?

Why do you keep putting words in my mouth? Seriously, what do get out of doing this, being THIS dishonest?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Why do you keep putting words in my mouth? Seriously, what do get out of doing this, being THIS dishonest?

The Republican version heavily favors big business. I assumed that we could take that for granted in our conversation.

I inferred that you have not criticized the Republican player as being you support it more.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

The Republican version heavily favors big business. I assumed that we could take that for granted in our conversation.

I inferred that you have not criticized the Republican player as being you support it more.

Why would I? It was co-written by Dems before Nancy flew in with her Woke wishlist. The negotiations were not over, it was still going to be tweaked. Big business employs tens of thousands of employees, they'll be looking at huge layoffs otherwise. This is a total straw man argument.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Why would I? It was co-written by Dems before Nancy flew in with her Woke wishlist. The negotiations were not over, it was still going to be tweaked. Big business employs tens of thousands of employees, they'll be looking at huge layoffs otherwise. This is a total straw man argument.

Big business should be able to weather this storm better then anyone else.

Our whole economy is set up for them.

You can’t just call my argument a straw man because you think this should be done quickly.

I see the Republican plan as largely one that helps people who can already help themselves.

misterID

misterID wrote:

The bill was co-written by Democrats.

Schumer Sunday: "to my delight and surprise there has been a great deal of bipartisan cooperation"

If these corporations take a serious hit there will be layoffs. They are not built to weather a storm like this. That's nonsense.

I called your argument a straw man because I'm not saying FU to small business.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Schumer Sunday: "to my delight and surprise there has been a great deal of bipartisan cooperation"

If these corporations take a serious hit there will be layoffs. They are not built to weather a storm like this. That's nonsense.

The House has been and will always be the pulse of the country.

Those layoffs already happened...corporate America made their decision already...protect themselves and isolate.

If you give them money now they’re gonna hoard it.

All of these things Dems are leveraging right now are for normal every day people.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

They're preventing you from staying afloat.  You just said you let all your people go, and the Democrats are keeping you from getting a loan to save your business because they think now is the time for $15 minimum wage and to fuck with carbon emissions.  Jesus Christ.  You celebrate when the virus comes, and you stay the course when it's gonna kick you out of your home in 6 months.  You said you just had a son, and you're celebrating COVID and Democrats incredibly selfish actions - actions that are directly harming you and your family.  This may end up costing the Democrats the election; the last thing the American people want right now are people fucking them over to cater to the Bernie crowd.  Get help man, seriously.  You're a bonafide masochist

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

The House has been and will always be the pulse of the country.

Those layoffs already happened...corporate America made their decision already...protect themselves and isolate.

If you give them money now they’re gonna hoard it.

All of these things Dems are leveraging right now are for normal every day people.

Dude, it was in the bill they can't do stock buybacks/hoard. AND THEY WILL NOT HAVE A JOB TO GO BACK TO. How is demanding 35 million for the Kennedy Center help normal every day people? What did any of their demands have to do with the virus? You cannot be this gullible.

Board footer