You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Does anyone actually look into anything further than the headline anymore?

Headline?? What headline?   It's a Tweet, directly from trump!!  This isn't falling for clickbait.

And btw, Barr was asked about it days ago, his response was "I haven't looked into it yet".  I'm curious why he didn't respond as abruptly as you, seems to leave a very wide door open, when in fact the door is slammed shut.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It's not happening chicken littles.  Congress is the only group that can change the date and good luck getting the House to even consider it.  But go ahead and panic and say the sky is falling.  It's been falling for over 3 years now...no need to stop.

Right...the president playing around with this idea is meaningless...

But did you actually read all the details of the DACA ruling? Did you? Because if you didn’t you’re a moron.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

BTW you don't find it at all coincidental he tweets it immediately after the US has its worst GDP Quarter in history?!  The economy is shit, don't worry about the Dow, this is a propped up fake economy floating by on free money.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/30/economy/ … index.html

China just leapfrogged us as the #1 economy I bet.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Herman Cain dies after denying coronavirus...dies of coronavirus.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

BTW you don't find it at all coincidental he tweets it immediately after the US has its worst GDP Quarter in history?!  The economy is shit, don't worry about the Dow, this is a propped up fake economy floating by on free money.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/30/economy/ … index.html

China just leapfrogged us as the #1 economy I bet.

How dare you Pa! U.S.A. #1 in everything!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Well he went there. This is the red alert moment. I’m sure this will be played off like everything else, but this is it. This is the ballgame. He manages this, we’re done as a country.

[/embed]
Big, you know this is impossible. He can say whatever he wants.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

"There is no mechanism by which Trump can unilaterally move, postpone or cancel the election and the expiration of his term is in the Constitution."

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

"There is no mechanism by which Trump can unilaterally move, postpone or cancel the election and the expiration of his term is in the Constitution."

Right...it’s not like trump has violated the rules or norms before

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Newsweek ran something on it a few weeks ago, it's out there, but if you follow step by step, it could be plausible for him & Barr to try it. And they might be setting the tone for it to occur (although I'm thinking its too far out of reach at this point).

Basically, trump loses election. Contests a few close states he lost, claiming he only lost due to voter fraud, takes it to court. If the courts haven't decided by Dec 14, which is when Electoral College gives their 'vote', those states in court don't count. If neither Biden nor trump get 270, it goes to Congress. BUT, when congress votes, they vote as a state (So all members of each 50 states vote), but the end result is only 1 vote per state (so california counts as 1, NY counts as 1, Montana counts as 1 etc).  If 26 states vote for trump, he pretty much could win.

https://www.newsweek.com/how-trump-coul … on-1513975

It's very unlikely, especially in todays economy, but I think legally it could be correct as it seemed thorough & no media challenged the thought process, just the ridiculousness of it occuring. FWIW, Al Gore acknowledged defeat the day before the EC voted, so there's a bit of merit to some of it.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It's not happening chicken littles.  Congress is the only group that can change the date and good luck getting the House to even consider it.  But go ahead and panic and say the sky is falling.  It's been falling for over 3 years now...no need to stop.

Right...the president playing around with this idea is meaningless...

But did you actually read all the details of the DACA ruling? Did you? Because if you didn’t you’re a moron.

Clearly you read neither or any of the posts you've responded to.

Board footer