You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

I just skimmed thru it, I call BS.  I feel like they just added the headline, that is irrelevant to the story?!   Nothing is mentioned about the Clinton camp "Seeing this loss coming".  Nothing aside from a mention of the FBI probe revisited 2 weeks ago. We all knew that hurt her. She still thought she was winning tho.

Like writing an article "Why Axl knew it was time to reunite" then just writing a vague article about the tour.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I still think it's horrible what Comey did. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but those emails amounted to nothing. He went against DoJ advice for nothing. This certainly cast another layer of doubt over Hillary's integrity.

Whether this is what tipped it to Trump, we'll never know. But I empathize with how cheated she must be feeling right now.

President Obama should speak to the protests. This isn't good.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Why does it matter if kids see it?

Are you serious? If you feel that way, why stop at trannies? Lets mainstream the dog fuckers of America. How about pedophiles. It never stops. Society cant cater to all these fringe groups just because you want children drowning in it.

Before anyone starts in with faux outrage, I'm not comparing them to dog fuckers and pedophiles. Just pointing out that when you start mainstreaming fringe groups you'll simply dig deeper into pandora's box.

I don't care if my not wanting these fringe groups going mainstream comes off as "intolerant". Most people agree which is why we're in the opening phase of a cultural shift.

Just because you don't want 5 year old boys being forced to wear dresses and pretend to be girls doesn't make you intolerant. That line of thinking shows how far this nonsense was allowed to go before society decided to put the screws to it.

BTW, black people still call themselves niggers. The word is considered peaches and cream....unless a white person says it....then it becomes a bad word.

The GOP argue that the transexual population is minuscule, but at the same time bemoan their hostile takeover of our public restrooms. How big of a problem can this really be then?

That's kinda my point. If the media stops pushing this like its some major thing, it goes away quickly. There aren't enough of them to make it a mainstream issue so stop pushing it as such. They have been trying to force this issue on the general public.

We've had enough obviously.

The over the top pussification / political correctness needs to stop at some point

THis will probably be the best thing about a Drumpf presidency. We're gonna get to go back to normal finally.

every show on television having a LGBT of one kind or another needs to stop too...

Yeah I'm sick of this too. They ruined my two favorite shows with this nonsense(Veep and Rizzoli) and almost ruined the other but it was with a minor character at that point(Parenthood).

This happened at the right time. They were about to start pushing genderfluid kids as actors on TV shows.

Kermit weighs in on the election....

http://i67.tinypic.com/15n9fsk.jpg

You've yet to explain why it's bad! Or what about it offends you. All you've done is comapre them to paedophiles and dog fuckers, put out a disclaimer saying you're not doing something when you basically just did. And if you're not then your argument is

"There's nothing wrong with transexuals, but we've got to be careful about accepting them because the dog fuckers might get pretensions of being accepted too, so unfortuantely we can't accept them"

And how do LGBT characters ruin your shows? What about their presence in the show is a ruining factor?

Your argument is just "I don't like or care about them, others feel the same, they need to go back in the closet".  But you haven't at all explained why you don't like them! Until you do you are just coming across as horribly transphobic and with your shit at the end about being annoyed that LGBT characters ruin your TV Shows (the horror, the sanctity of TV is at stake) you're now coming across as homophobic as well.

Explain what your problem is with gay and trans people. Without saying that they are too present in day to day life. Explain what about them actually bothers you and how they interfere with you doing the things you want to do.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Axl S wrote:

You've yet to explain why it's bad! Or what about it offends you. All you've done is comapre them to paedophiles and dog fuckers, put out a disclaimer saying you're not doing something when you basically just did. And if you're not then your argument is

"There's nothing wrong with transexuals, but we've got to be careful about accepting them because the dog fuckers might get pretensions of being accepted too, so unfortuantely we can't accept them"

And how do LGBT characters ruin your shows? What about their presence in the show is a ruining factor?

Your argument is just "I don't like or care about them, others feel the same, they need to go back in the closet".  But you haven't at all explained why you don't like them! Until you do you are just coming across as horribly transphobic and with your shit at the end about being annoyed that LGBT characters ruin your TV Shows (the horror, the sanctity of TV is at stake) you're now coming across as homophobic as well.

Explain what your problem is with gay and trans people. Without saying that they are too present in day to day life. Explain what about them actually bothers you and how they interfere with you doing the things you want to do.

Well said! I'll add this: James, you have to stop equating what two (or three, five or 20) consenting adults do with their sex lives to what perverts do to kids and animals. Kids and animals cannot consent; homosexuals, transexuals, and the likes can. Stop policing consenting adults' sex lives, it is not just coming across as homophobic/transphobic, it simply IS homophobic and transphobic.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Ha ha ha. This thread has turned hysterical. Trump will be just fine. Now, everyone chill the fuck out.

Seriously, when I woke up yesterday and checked my phone, saw that Trump was ahead (244 - 214 at that point) I literally got nauseous, sick to my stomach and took the day off. There is no chilling out for me, I'm deflated and depressed, not angry. Not because of a fear of what Trump might or might not do (there' that as well, just reading through the list of potential names for his cabinet is disturbing), but because of what it says about the electorate. This has forced me to realize that a much larger percentage of Western society has yet to evolve past their basic cave-dweller instincts, and that is incredibly depressing and sad.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

It isn't even an issue of their sex lives. A man wearing a dress and two women holding hands are not sexual acts! It is just them being themselves in the same way straight people do everyday.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
TheMole wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Ha ha ha. This thread has turned hysterical. Trump will be just fine. Now, everyone chill the fuck out.

Seriously, when I woke up yesterday and checked my phone, saw that Trump was ahead (244 - 214 at that point) I literally got nauseous, sick to my stomach and took the day off. There is no chilling out for me, I'm deflated and depressed, not angry. Not because of a fear of what Trump might or might not do (there' that as well, just reading through the list of potential names for his cabinet is disturbing), but because of what it says about the electorate. This has forced me to realize that a much larger percentage of Western society has yet to evolve past their basic cave-dweller instincts, and that is incredibly depressing and sad.

If that's why you believe he won, you need to educate yourself. Soon. Now. This was not a referendum on Trump.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I know we all agreed to the rules of the EC....

But this is now the second time in my life and in 16 years that the democrat won the popular vote and lost the election. That means in 40 percent of the elections I've taken part in, the popular vote winner was the loser.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Everyone saying she won the popular... last I looked it was VERY close and they still had not awarded states. Right now across the entire US she is up 200,000 votes. That is 2 tenths of one percent more than trump. That is so tiny i would still call that a virtual tie.

For comparison Gore had about 500,000 more votes than Bush.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Everyone saying she won the popular... last I looked it was VERY close and they still had not awarded states. Right now across the entire US she is up 200,000 votes. That is 2 tenths of one percent more than trump. That is so tiny i would still call that a virtual tie.

If that's the case then you say that about several states and split the EV...

You can't have it one way and not the other.

Board footer