You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

There's nothing you or anyone else has linked that I can't find similar language used by the left. Or is 'Uncle Tom' an acceptable term

All you offer is faux outrage when someone who doesn't think like you uses strong language.

Is referring to straight people as "breeders" ok?

Is it ok to talk about bitches sucking on your nuts as long as you're black? Cause that's half of what Jay Z talks about and I don't recall liberal outrage when he was on stage with Clinton and Obama.

Was it ok when Amy Schumer called Latino men rapist?  I know you guys are up in arms that Trump called out the amount of gang bangers Mexico exports and you've stuck your head in the sand to the fact that child rape is more common in Latino communities than any other. But why no posts from Amy Schumer who was a Clinton surrogate.

This is why you guys are full of shit. The email leaks show plain as day the anti Semitic comments and thoughts from the DNC and how they planned to use Sanders religion as an attack point for Clinton.

Not a single fucking comment from any of you. You're probably rolling your eyes as you read this, cause you do not care what the left says no matter how vile. But if a Republican looks at Kim Kardashian's ass, you scream they're objectifying women.

So this is my last post on the topic. If you were in college writing a paper on this topic, you'd fail. You've not only been unable to support your thesis that Bannon is a racist, you've flooded the comments with articles and quotes that have nothing to do with your claims. "Here's a bunch of quotes where he said things we consider mean (never mind their accuracy) so this is why he's a racist.  Never mind that democrat behind the curtain who said the same thing."

I don't know Bannon. Had never heard of him until yesterday.

But here's the bottom line. You lost. This country is going to change and there's not a single thing any Democrat can do to stop it. The party is literally powerless in Washington.

So because you guys are so tolerant and welcoming, I leave you with Obama's comments in 2010 when he was working really hard for bipartisanship, because it explains your status right now :

https://youtu.be/25HN1kZtRIw

It's my opinion he's a racist, anti Semite with how he conducts himself and his publication which you ignore or discount. I've never heard David Duke call anyone a nigger, but I'm sure he has. Oh, and David Duke LOVES this guy for the reasons you've discounted. You can check your conservastive persecution complex about how we don't condemn whichever celebrity says something in PC, whether comedian or rapper. We're talking leaders of the country. There's a difference. And you know that. But at least now you found a new hero . smile

Farakhan endorsed Obama.  Does that discredit his term.  Trump never reached out to Duke, never spoke with him, never had a rally with him.  If that's how you define racism, just remember that the DNC is the party of Slavery, Jim Crow, Eugenics, Tuskegee and Robert Byrd.  That's a long list of guilt by association.

Let's be fair on this...the meaning of Republican and Democrat has changed numerous times over the centuries. Southern/Dixiecrats were considered Demorcats in the 1850s. For 40 plus years now every single Confederate state regularly votes for Republicans.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This is hilarious. Remember when I just said Trump would most likely fuck up in spectacular fashion? It seems they're already imploding. The transition team has broken down.  Read this https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics … story.html

And ironically, Pence is having his own email issues.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/dont-m … 7400-story

KKK member endorsing Hillary. She's a racist folks, end of discussion.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

It's my opinion he's a racist, anti Semite with how he conducts himself and his publication which you ignore or discount. I've never heard David Duke call anyone a nigger, but I'm sure he has. Oh, and David Duke LOVES this guy for the reasons you've discounted. You can check your conservastive persecution complex about how we don't condemn whichever celebrity says something in PC, whether comedian or rapper. We're talking leaders of the country. There's a difference. And you know that. But at least now you found a new hero . smile

Farakhan endorsed Obama.  Does that discredit his term.  Trump never reached out to Duke, never spoke with him, never had a rally with him.  If that's how you define racism, just remember that the DNC is the party of Slavery, Jim Crow, Eugenics, Tuskegee and Robert Byrd.  That's a long list of guilt by association.

Let's be fair on this...the meaning of Republican and Democrat has changed numerous times over the centuries. Southern/Dixiecrats were considered Demorcats in the 1850s. For 40 plus years now every single Confederate state regularly votes for Republicans.

This is a claim often rolled out to distance the DNC from its racist past. What policy positions did Democrats hold then that Republicans have adopted?

The DNC is still the party that looks at you and makes assumptions based on your race. They still want laws that treat you differently based on race. Not much has changed, just none of you consider that racist.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

President douchebag and chief.

The Electoral College is actually genius in that it brings all states, including the smaller ones, into play. Campaigning is much different!
58 mins ago - Twitter

If the election were based on total popular vote I would have campaigned in N.Y. Florida and California and won even bigger and more easily
1 hour ago - Twitter

What a petulant little child. After Obama's discipline to not take the bait at every opportunity...we have this completely entitled man showing absolutely no ability to engage in self-control.

Make America Great Again always meant make America white again. That's just the vibe I always got...from the people who attended his rallies to the KKK connections and the alleged white supremacist now a key member of his cabinet. Plus, all the vitriol about getting rid of "illegal immigrants." I just wonder who these same people will have to blame after they accomplish these things and their lives still suck. Sarah Palin is a complete moron and is being considered for key cabinet positions. It's like Barnum and Bailey moved into the white house.

So while I don't have definitive proof of racism...as in, a quote from a qualified source with Trump or anyone explicitly stating, "I'm a racist," I am sure getting some serious white supremacy vibes right now.

I think the privilege of being able to directly contradict yourself over and over again in the way Trump has about the electoral college and so many other topics in writing, in public implies an enormous arrogance to me. He is so privileged he literally has no one to answer to about anything. So much so that he doesn't mind publicly and consistently contradicting himself.

Let's look at that tweet...about he could have just as easily won NY and California had he just spent a bit more time there. He is at least presenting the image that the only reason Hillary got 230 electoral votes and the popular vote was because he let her. He has allowed it.

I have no reason to believe this partisan bickering is anywhere close to over. The goal now is to punish liberals and Democrats. There will likely be no more planned parenthood. There's a lot of religiously influenced legislation coming. I am certain the ideas of huge tax cuts sound good - especially to Trump's millionaire and billionaire friends. Public institutions with liberal and democratic ties will be the first to go. Social Security is likely dead and gone. The irony of Paul Ryan getting rid of social security even though he funded his entire early adulthood SS payments for himself due to his father' passing.

It's really coming, the "hooray for me and fuck you attitude" is alive and well and the cannon is aimed squarely at quite a few targets.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

This is a claim often rolled out to distance the DNC from its racist past. What policy positions did Democrats hold then that Republicans have adopted?

The DNC is still the party that looks at you and makes assumptions based on your race. They still want laws that treat you differently based on race. Not much has changed, just none of you consider that racist.

This is absurd RF....any social/welfare program simply aimed at getting someone closer to participating in society in a productive way should be supported. At the core, student loans and scholarships aimed at assisting a poor person ascend to a college degree is good for everyone. It creates this idea that you are not living in a society with a very low ceiling. We spend so little on public education in this country. It's almost as though a good education is restricted to those who are born into the means to pay for it. These types of programs might disproportionately help minorities.  Sometimes I think George Carlin was right...they don't want an electorate of citizens who can critically think....they want us just smart enough to pull the levers and push the buttons to keep the machine going.

What about tax credits for people who have children? Is that another way to treat someone differently, maybe not based on race, but by gender. What about laws that make deadbeat fathers financially responsible for their children? Is this yet another way to treat people differently base on racism or sexism?

When I say Asians routinely score better on math assessment tests, is that racism? Imagine a first generation minority student coming to the US and outperforming his/her white peers. How easy is it to say....that damn minority is getting a scholarship and an opportunity my son/daughter deserves because my genealogy in this country dates back one hundred years.

Or what about those Dominican baseball players that come to this country and outperform whites on the baseball field. Is it then racist to say Dominicans are in general good baseball players? Is it also racist to then pay those players more than their white counterparts?

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

But Obama and Farakhan didn't share ideology, Bannon and Duke do... Sorry!

Aw, I love it when repubs have to back track 100 years to prove they're awesome with race. Too bad a majority of of those democrats switched to Republicans after Johnson signed The Civil Rights Act because they were racist bigots. You're quoting a time when liberals were republicans. Try again! smile

You guys say this shit and then when asked for the slightest bit of evidence, you go quiet.  What party was pushing for the CRA for a decade before it passed?  What party nearly unanimously voted for it, while the other was a little over half with a famous filibuster?

If you're going to claim the parties flipped because the DNC was against women's suffrage and ending Jim Crow, WHAT POLICY POSITIONS DID THE GOP TAKE FROM THE DNC?  Answer the fucking question.

You're just repeating absolute nonsense without a single shred of evidence.  Your party still goes around treating people differently based on their race.  YOU'RE A FUCKING RACIST!  I've tried being nice with you guys, but it's obvious you're too dense to let it sink in.  You can't qualify your opinions with facts, so you lob insults at people to quiet them and pat yourself on the back.

The Republican party has always argued for equality under the law.  The DNC has always argued for inequality under the law.  The DNC just doesn't scream "Ni****" anymore.

Call me a racist.  Call me a bigot.  But you're the only one who treats people different based on their skin color.  You're the one unable to provide a single objective shred of evidence to support your claims.  In short, liberalism has become the ideology of the intellectually lazy and you and your cohorts continual unsubstantiated claims prove this.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm staying out of the discussion, but it is curious how focused some of you are on racism.  Carry on with whatever pseudo-intellectual bs you want to keep spewing. 

Yes, indeed I am the problem here...

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

This is absurd RF....and I'm going to post a bunch of stuff and avoid responding to your question and defend my original claim by providing a wall of text?

That's nice, but answer the question.  What did the GOP take from the DNC to make the parties flip.  You claimed it, now support it.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

This is absurd RF....and I'm going to post a bunch of stuff and avoid responding to your question and defend my original claim by providing a wall of text?

That's nice, but answer the question.  What did the GOP take from the DNC to make the parties flip.  You claimed it, now support it.

I don't understand what you mean by "take?" - part of the problem here may be that I don't understand your question. I never used the phrase "flipped" I don't think....but if I did then it I shouldn't have....Flip is not the right word...

Equality under the law is another very vague term. But to me it implies that all the advantages of being here for centuries are totally fair game...and anyone new the to game needs 'get in line.' It's like we're playing a game of monopoly but you get to go around the board 10 times before my first turn.

In general, and correct me if I'm wrong, Republicans prefer as few rules and laws as possible. They view that as "equality" because no one gets an  unfair advantage over anyone else....but the means we have to pretend what I said in the previous paragraph doesn't exist.

I will attempt to answer you question about 'taking' but I already admit I'm not certain what you mean by that.

Essentially, I view Southern Democrats in the days of the 1850s as people who were vehemently opposed to change. The were opposed to social changes especially. They did not want the fundamentals of southern life to change at all. They have done their damnedest to keep the old south's ideals alive even to this day.  They were extremely conservative and defensive of their way of life. It was the northern Yankee Repubs that were actually in favor of changes in fundamental aspects of society. That to me seems progressive. Politics seems to be the same story over and over again. One party trying to change society, and one party trying to keep it the same. Take the terms Republican and Democrat out of it. In our 2-party system, it's always one party vying for change and one party trying to keep things  the same. I do believe though that the system makes it difficult to make large scale changes. I think that's probably a good thing.

Before I go on...I need to know if this is acceptable as an argument for you. I won't waste my time if it's going to be dismissed.

Board footer