You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

To be pro choice means you offer no freedom to the unborn. Do they not have a right to live? A baby isn't part of the woman's body. It is just housed there. It has its own DNA, blood, organs, etc. In times of rape and major sickness, or health to the mother of course I am pro choice. But a baby to me has nothing to do about rights for the mother but rights for the innocent baby.

But once that baby is born...fuck that kid...he's on his own. He needs to pull himself up by his own boot straps!

I don't agree with Smoking Guns. But what are you willing to do to people who have children they can't afford or are ill prepared to raise?  Food stamps doesn't help when there's 6 kids living in a 2 bedroom apartment cause mommy doesn't want to work and likes the attention from men.

It's a terrible scenario...and it happens more often than you think...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

But once that baby is born...fuck that kid...he's on his own. He needs to pull himself up by his own boot straps!

I don't agree with Smoking Guns. But what are you willing to do to people who have children they can't afford or are ill prepared to raise?  Food stamps doesn't help when there's 6 kids living in a 2 bedroom apartment cause mommy doesn't want to work and likes the attention from men.

You should have to get a license to have kids that says you are competent, attended a class, not on drugs, etc. too many people have kids that can't care for or afford them.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

To be pro choice means you offer no freedom to the unborn. Do they not have a right to live? A baby isn't part of the woman's body. It is just housed there. It has its own DNA, blood, organs, etc. In times of rape and major sickness, or health to the mother of course I am pro choice. But a baby to me has nothing to do about rights for the mother but rights for the innocent baby.

Except it is not a baby but a mere zygote, blastocyst or fetus. So why the government has to protect it's 'freedom' is beyond me. It can't think or feel yet, therefore by definition it cannot be free to make it's own choices, but somehow the pro-life movement seems to think it is protecting freedom, instead of taking it away...

misterID

misterID wrote:

So... Trump is rejecting daily intelligence briefings because they're boring, and says he's a smart guy and can figure it out. How about this, how about instead of forcing people to get a license to have a kid, how about anyone who voted for Trump should have their voter registration terminated so they can longer vote, and ban their offspring, and their offspring from voting, so we get as far away as possible from the ignorant influence of their family who knowingly voted for a man they knew was an unqualified and completely unstable douchebag for president. That's not even counting the fact he's a sleazy, lying, racist, greedy, shyster. They should wear their shame for three generations like a Scarlett letter so their descendants know how fucking stupid they're family members were to vote for a man who is completely inept at governance.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

You should have to get a license to have kids that says you are competent, attended a class, not on drugs, etc. too many people have kids that can't care for or afford them.

This is a real slippery slope:

1) Who licenses people for authorization to have a child?

2) I'm assuming the answer to this is the government with a strong influence from religion and other extreme conservatives.

I see two problems with this: First, isn't this just big government?

Second, if it is big government, then you conservatives will bitch and moan about the cost of big government...so we're back to square one.

Then again, conservatives have been applying drug tests to welfare recipients lately and even though the cost of doing so outweighs the benefit by leaps and bound. A failed drug test occurs somewhere between 1 and 4 percent of opportunities.

and I agree with the above statement....if there is a certification process for having children then shouldn't there be one for voting? Because I am pretty certain most Trump voters couldn't name the 3 branches of government. Once more, I can't believe how the Trump supporters can't see how they've been totally duped. He's already in process of telling you all to fuck off....it's like you all think there's a seat for you at Trump's table...it's just waiting for you to sit down. When in realilty, the second he won....he plugged in billionaire after billionaire, wall street chump after wall street chump, and announced that social programs that many of his supporters need and depend on are all but finished.

The swamp he's draining is YOU! Wake up! He has no use for you anymore!

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Of course it's a slippery slope and one that isn't feasible.  But can we please stop the attack on the intelligence of people who voted differently than you?  A lot of stupid fucking people exist in either party.  Feel free to youtube "dumb X voter" if you have any doubts.

But maybe instead of yelling "shame" on the house floor because someone didn't agree to legalize fantasy for the mentally ill, we yell "shame" at people who have kids while on public assistance instead of treating them as tough and heroes.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Of course it's a slippery slope and one that isn't feasible.  But can we please stop the attack on the intelligence of people who voted differently than you?  A lot of stupid fucking people exist in either party.  Feel free to youtube "dumb X voter" if you have any doubts.

But maybe instead of yelling "shame" on the house floor because someone didn't agree to legalize fantasy for the mentally ill, we yell "shame" at people who have kids while on public assistance instead of treating them as tough and heroes.

No, I'm not going to stop attacking the intelligence of Trump voters just like I'm not going to stop calling out the entitled, shallow, narcissistic, elitist mentality of Jill Stein voters, or the hypocritical apathy of people who don't vote but run out into the streets to protest an election result. More people were voting for marijuana legalization and NOT voting for president because they felt "icky" voting for Hillary. Yet, Trump is putting Sessions in his cabinet who wants to go after legalized marijuana on a federal level. That's voter stupidity. the very definition of not seeing the forest for the trees.

We all knew what Trump was from the outset, and when you proudly wave and publicly display your ignorance with your blind support of someone who is thoroughly incompetent, which is going to directly affect my life, I'm going to call them fucking idiots. Which they are. And every misstep he makes I'm going to hang around their necks. They carry it, they own it.

Trump isn't the problem, he never attempted to hide who and what he was. The fucking idiots who supported him are the problem.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Thank God I stopped posting in here...things got so much nicer. /sarcasm

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

No, I'm not going to stop attacking the intelligence of Trump voters just like I'm not going to stop calling out the entitled, shallow, narcissistic, elitist mentality of Jill Stein voters, or the hypocritical apathy of people who don't vote but run out into the streets to protest an election result. More people were voting for marijuana legalization and NOT voting for president because they felt "icky" voting for Hillary. Yet, Trump is putting Sessions in his cabinet who wants to go after legalized marijuana on a federal level. That's voter stupidity. the very definition of not seeing the forest for the trees.

We all knew what Trump was from the outset, and when you proudly wave and publicly display your ignorance with your blind support of someone who is thoroughly incompetent, which is going to directly affect my life, I'm going to call them fucking idiots. Which they are. And every misstep he makes I'm going to hang around their necks. They carry it, they own it.

Trump isn't the problem, he never attempted to hide who and what he was. The fucking idiots who supported him are the problem.

Didn't waste a word...

Board footer