You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

polluxlm wrote:

Trump would be a fool to think any move he makes will appease his opponents. They're turning every stone, looking in every closet for a drop of blood.

His best option is to prove his worth by acts and deeds. People come around easier when they see real fruits on the table. Jobs, income, freedom's. That's his promise and that's what he needs to do to turn around the naysayers.

You're absolutely right. You need to look no further than this thread to see that people want blood and are actively hoping he's a failure. So much for all their critiques of the GOP and Obama.

If the GOP stays united, we'll be fine. If they behave like the Dems did between 08-10 (something posters here and elsewhere refuse to acknowledge), we're in for some hard times. At least these loonies take pride in being unarmed, so not much damage they can do that CS and water canons can't solve.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Trump would be a fool to think any move he makes will appease his opponents. They're turning every stone, looking in every closet for a drop of blood.

His best option is to prove his worth by acts and deeds. People come around easier when they see real fruits on the table. Jobs, income, freedom's. That's his promise and that's what he needs to do to turn around the naysayers.

You're absolutely right. You need to look no further than this thread to see that people want blood and are actively hoping he's a failure. So much for all their critiques of the GOP and Obama.

If the GOP stays united, we'll be fine. If they behave like the Dems did between 08-10 (something posters here and elsewhere refuse to acknowledge), we're in for some hard times. At least these loonies take pride in being unarmed, so not much damage they can do that CS and water canons can't solve.

08 to 10 is eons ago...

From 10-16,the GOP was basically in control and that's the part you don't acknowledge. They may have only had control of one branch for some of those years....but your supposed Party of unity obstructed everything and even shut down the government twice at the peaks of their tempor tantrums over control.

I'm not buying what you're selling RF.

Why shouldnt I be out for blood? For 6 years the Republicans did nothing and are now being rewarded. They held dozens of hearings about hillarys emails. They repealed Obamacare 50 plus times.

They were productive in zero things.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

08 to 10 is eons ago...

From 10-16,the GOP was basically in control and that's the part you don't acknowledge. They may have only had control of one branch for some of those years....but your supposed Party of unity obstructed everything and even shut down the government twice at the peaks of their tempor tantrums over control.

Why shouldnt I be out for blood? For 6 years the Republicans did nothing and are now being rewarded. They held dozens of hearings about hillarys emails. They repealed Obamacare 50 plus times.

I disagree with the notion  that because Obama and Reid refused to budge on budgets and laws (again, Reid didn't allow a single GOP law come to a vote in the Senate) that the GOP shares the sole blame for Government Shut down.  If the DNC wins the House in 2018 and Trump and McConnell refuse to allow a single bill of their's reach the Senate floor or budge on any policy issues, would you argue the DNC shut down the government? 

Hyper partisanship on both sides led to the shut downs which were nothing more than political stunts.  I was in DC during one of the shut downs.  Monuments were closed.  Big fucking deal.  I was in when my paycheck got hit in the Military because of the fiscal cliff.  I survived and was paid before my check was past due.  It's a talking point born out of partisanship to ignore that the DNC wasn't in total control after 2010 and refused to acknowledge that.  Did members of the House do some really stupid shit, yep.  But that doesn't excuse Reid and Obama for failing to reach across the aisle and making everything partisan.  Obama and the DNC tried to go it alone for 2 years.  They own some of the blame for the partisan atmosphere they helped create.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

08 to 10 is eons ago...

I disagree with the notion  that because Obama and Reid refused to budge on budgets and laws (again, Reid didn't allow a single GOP law come to a vote in the Senate) that the GOP shares the sole blame for Government Shut down.  If the DNC wins the House in 2018 and Trump and McConnell refuse to allow a single bill of their's reach the Senate floor or budge on any policy issues, would you argue the DNC shut down the government? 

Hyper partisanship on both sides led to the shut downs which were nothing more than political stunts.  I was in DC during one of the shut downs.  Monuments were closed.  Big fucking deal.  I was in when my paycheck got hit in the Military because of the fiscal cliff.  I survived and was paid before my check was past due.  It's a talking point born out of partisanship to ignore that the DNC wasn't in total control after 2010 and refused to acknowledge that.  Did members of the House do some really stupid shit, yep.  But that doesn't excuse Reid and Obama for failing to reach across the aisle and making everything partisan.  Obama and the DNC tried to go it alone for 2 years.  They own some of the blame for the partisan atmosphere they helped create.

My ass. Where have we, in this thread, rooted for him to fail? Check this thread and you'll see me rooting and hoping for him to do the right thing. And you will also see each and every criticism, LEGIT CRITICISM, we all voiced before he was elected and now he is proving us right; he's a lying, two-faced shyster, nominating everyone he railed against, the problem, the establishment, wall street, yet his mindless minions who praised him for preaching against what he's doing are now praising his contradictory moves.

And I'm so tired of the hypocritical victimhood of conservatives who take no responsibility for their obstructionist lawmakers... Show me the fuckin bill they took to Obama where they were willing to work with him? One. Fuckin. Bill. I've showed you the grand bargain and the links Obama went to make a deal, like secret meetings with Boehner so he wouldn't be punished by his own party for even meeting with him (oh, yeah, that's a party that's fair, professional and not sandbagging and obstructing!). Where's yours.

If you support that, you're no better.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Just watched the Trump speech. It is so obvious how he won. So much charisma. Dude owns that kind of shit. You can see how fired up the people get when he talks. And Paul Ryan even came in stage. Good stuff.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Just watched the Trump speech. It is so obvious how he won. So much charisma. Dude owns that kind of shit. You can see how fired up the people get when he talks. And Paul Ryan even came in stage. Good stuff.

Nah, I'm good...never been impressed but substansless bullshit.

Time for y'all to start really thinking about the unprecedented backlash Mr. (Not president) Trump will endure for the next 4 years.

It's very, very real. And very, very deserved.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I watched it too, just in a passive way (felt sick, couldn't concentrate on anything), wasn't rooting against it or in a Rachel Maddow mindset. 

That said, it was a trash talking show. Just bizarre that he goes on some victory lap to assauge his own ego?! Unprecendented. The guy really could be an egomaniac.  Having said that, he does appeal to alot of people. Mostly, he gives hope to the down & outs.  The people who live in rural areas, hunt, watch Nascar, drink $1.50 beers at the local down & out bar waiting for their turn to die, shopping at Walmart, yet are told "The great jobs are coming back" lol. It's amusing, partially sad.

Lemme recap:

Taxes will be cut.
Our Military will be incredibly built up.
ISIS will be defeated.
Great jobs will come back.
Taxes will be raised on products built overseas (yet at the same time the cost of products/inflation will not increase) so people will buy American.
Obamacare will be replaced with something even better.
A wall will be built.
Jobs will come to our inner cities.
Merry Christmas.

My prediction: he doesn't move the country much on social issues (gay marraige, abortion), but heavily goes Republican on tax cuts for the rich. It's what the Republicans needed at the right time, a wolf in sheeps clothing. Oh PS. there are no factory jobs coming back.

Randall Flagg

I watched it too and wasn't impressed. I don't like it when people burn the flag either. I left Iraq with 2 coffins draped in that flag. But it's protected speech and our President should be focused on things that actually matter and impact our country.

Seemed he was still on the campaign trail rather than trying to unite the country and show us his capabilities as a leader.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I watched it too, just in a passive way (felt sick, couldn't concentrate on anything), wasn't rooting against it or in a Rachel Maddow mindset. 

That said, it was a trash talking show. Just bizarre that he goes on some victory lap to assauge his own ego?! Unprecendented. The guy really could be an egomaniac.  Having said that, he does appeal to alot of people. Mostly, he gives hope to the down & outs.  The people who live in rural areas, hunt, watch Nascar, drink $1.50 beers at the local down & out bar waiting for their turn to die, shopping at Walmart, yet are told "The great jobs are coming back" lol. It's amusing, partially sad.

Lemme recap:

Taxes will be cut.
ISIS will be defeated.
Taxes will be raised on products built overseas (yet at the same time the cost of products/inflation will not increase) so people will buy American.
A wall will be built.
Merry Christmas.

My prediction: he doesn't move the country much on social issues (gay marraige, abortion), but heavily goes Republican on tax cuts for the rich. It's what the Republicans needed at the right time, a wolf in sheeps clothing. Oh PS. there are no factory jobs coming back.

It's funny you mention this because I watched that town hall with Chris Hayes and Bernie Sanders and it is painfully clear democrats do not have a message for these voters. For how good Bernie can be at a rally, he's awful at a town hall. When he's pushed back on something he clearly gets irritated and ticked off. He kept on about the disparity in wealth, which is great, but that's all he had. He didn't have a simple message. I think that's Trump's appeal. He's a very simple speaker. When he's pressed on details he turns into a used car salesman. He's talented that way. When Bernie is pressed, he does state facts, even if diminishing the real price for his plans, he is honest that the economy will slow, taxes will go up, and unemployment wil rise. His thing is, just stick with him and it will all work out. Trump says he's going to create all this great stuff and it will be completely painless and won't cost anyone anything. Basically, he's a terrible, but very charismatic liar.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Lemme recap:

Taxes will be cut.
ISIS will be defeated.
A wall will be built.
Merry Christmas.

It's funny you mention this because I watched that town hall with Chris Hayes and Bernie Sanders and it is painfully clear democrats do not have a message for these voters. For how good Bernie can be at a rally, he's awful at a town hall. When he's pushed back on something he clearly gets irritated and ticked off. He kept on about the disparity in wealth, which is great, but that's all he had. He didn't have a simple message. I think that's Trump's appeal. He's a very simple speaker. When he's pressed on details he turns into a used car salesman. He's talented that way. When Bernie is pressed, he does state facts, even if diminishing the real price for his plans, he is honest that the economy will slow, taxes will go up, and unemployment wil rise. His thing is, just stick with him and it will all work out. Trump says he's going to create all this great stuff and it will be completely painless and won't cost anyone anything. Basically, he's a terrible, but very charismatic liar.

Bernie himself said so a month ago...he's embarrassed that the DP has forgotten how to talk to these people.

It still begs the question...why does it matter way more to be charismatic than it does to be honest?

Board footer