You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Here's the legal definition of terrorism in the US:

Title 22 of the U.S. Code, Section 2656f(d) defines terrorism as “premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents, usually intended to influence an audience.” [1]

What listed here disqualifies Canada?

Nothing, but the shooting was hardly undereported. It was the main story for 48 hours.  A white guy shooting up a mosque in Canada isn't terrorism. It's murder. And a hate crime under US law. I don't know enough to speak on Canadian law, but I'd assume there as well. We sentenced Roof to death. What will our northern neighbors do?

My point is we have to quit calling every act terrorism when there are already pre-existing and defined labeled to identify them.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

We don't have the death penalty up here.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Nothing, but the shooting was hardly undereported. It was the main story for 48 hours.

But Orlando & San Bernadino were underreported???

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Anyway, it was all a plant, just to get the American public talking about "terrorists". Just like Bannon wanted. Hence the misspellings.

ID I do wanna watch that Jake Tapper interview, he's been a man on a mission.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Here's the legal definition of terrorism in the US:

Title 22 of the U.S. Code, Section 2656f(d) defines terrorism as “premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents, usually intended to influence an audience.” [1]

What listed here disqualifies Canada?

Nothing, but the shooting was hardly undereported. It was the main story for 48 hours.  A white guy shooting up a mosque in Canada isn't terrorism. It's murder. And a hate crime under US law. I don't know enough to speak on Canadian law, but I'd assume there as well. We sentenced Roof to death. What will our northern neighbors do?

My point is we have to quit calling every act terrorism when there are already pre-existing and defined labeled to identify them.

It was terrorism. Your argument is nonsense. Because it's a white guy shooting up a mosque it's not terrorism.
"Mr. Bissonnette was known in the city's activist circles as an online troll who was inspired by extreme right-wing French nationalists, stood up for U.S. President Donald Trump and was against immigration to Quebec, especially by Muslims."

Here you go PaSnow.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/07/politics/ … iew-cnntv/

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Hey thanks, haha, what I meant tho was I'm at work and wouldn't really get to watch it until I got home. I could google it, but thanks for the link.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Watching the Bernie and Ted debate. Very entertaining. Bernie should have been the candidate. Ted comes off very prepared and smart here but he has always been good at debates. Hard not to like Bernie's passion. Been a good debate so far.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Geeez, she's just infuriatingly stupid. As bad as Palin. She'll make it about 6 months before quitting.

Smoking Guns wrote:

Watching the Bernie and Ted debate. Very entertaining. Bernie should have been the candidate. Ted comes off very prepared and smart here but he has always been good at debates. Hard not to like Bernie's passion. Been a good debate so far.

I watched a little bit, it seemed odd to have a debate now. I didn't even hear it was happening. I agree with your comments tho, Bernie probably got screwed and should've gotten the nod. He ran a great campaign but just fell short. Funny to think a year or so ago he was just a little known Senator who for some reason was in the Primary debates.  Cruz did seem better. I think he was just blindsided by Trumps idiocracy and wasn't equipped to fight it off, not sure how you can. I guess just constant fact checking and going rampant on Twitter would've done it, not sure. Cruz seemed like a dick by the end but I guess he was just furious. Hillary probably made a mistake by not selecting Bernie as VP, Kaine was sorta lame.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Our health care issue is so complex. People always cite other countries but most of those countries are not nearly as diverse as us etc. and a lot less illegals and free riders. I am not anti single payer but fuck it would be extremely expensive.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Our health care issue is so complex. People always cite other countries but most of those countries are not nearly as diverse as us etc. and a lot less illegals and free riders. I am not anti single payer but fuck it would be extremely expensive.

If people who make less than 30-35 grand a year were allowed to buy into their Medicare early it would work. They'd get coverage and be paying more into Medicare.

Board footer