You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The only one being simplistic is you.  You ignore ideology and say "THIS PERSON IS IN A BOX, SO THE BOX MUST BE A PROBLEM."  Pat yourself on the back for being an athiest.  You're still a member of the church of climate change. 

Islam is not a western religion.  It had no part is shaping or creating the West.  It's as foreign as they come.  We're not talking about brown people who speak spanish.  We're talking about people who genuinely believe they go to heaven if they kill an infidel.  It's a core tenant of their faith.  Even in countries like the UK and US, the overwhelming majority of Muslims hold beliefs that are at direct odds with egalitarianism.  You get in an uproar if some baker refuses to make a cake for a gay couple.  But you ignore that almost all Muslims are universally opposed to gay marriage and would refuse to make that same cake.  But somehow the videos of the Islamic baker refusing to make the gay wedding cake don't make it to court or the nightly news. 

You want to pretend it's an apples to apples comparison.  It's not.

The argument I want to have is outside of religious labels and ideas given to me about anyone with an agenda.

Truth be told, I only know 2 Muslim people in person. But I would be a damn fool to extrapolate anything from such a small sample size.

I watched Tucker Carlsons show recently interviewing the mayor of Miami about climate change just to give you an idea about how hard I try.

Tucker asked a legit question about the environment agreement that Trump backed out on. Tucker wasn't wrong...but he was focusing on the terms of the agreement, not whether climate change is a problem.

As far as religion as concerned, I don't care for any of them...but when things are reduced to 'sides' then all we get is packers vs bears or Yankees vs Sox or Bulls vs Lakers analysis.

That is what I am vehemently opposed to...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I agree with parts of what you are both saying...but I believe the issue is the extremist point of view of the Muslim faith ... not necessarily the faith itself ... the near impossible part is telling who holds those extremist views. In the past I have had discussions with Muslim co-workers and, and you are right Randall, they do not think like Westerners at all where religion is concerned.

I am a firm believer that if u want to move to a new country that you should make a concentrated effort to integrate into the society of that country ... I know, at least in my area, that doesn't always seem to happen.

The last real whacko Christian that I can recall is David Koresh, I don't think he fancied himself a terrorist, but the results of his actions were pretty terrifying ... and done in the name of "God".

I was born and raised Roman Catholic...but I'm pretty jaded and haven't practiced religion in a looking time.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I agree with parts of what you are both saying...but I believe the issue is the extremist point of view of the Muslim faith ... not necessarily the faith itself ... the near impossible part is telling who holds those extremist views. In the past I have had discussions with Muslim co-workers and, and you are right Randall, they do not think like Westerners at all where religion is concerned.

I am a firm believer that if u want to move to a new country that you should make a concentrated effort to integrate into the society of that country ... I know, at least in my area, that doesn't always seem to happen.

The last real whacko Christian that I can recall is David Koresh, I don't think he fancied himself a terrorist, but the results of his actions were pretty terrifying ... and done in the name of "God".

I was born and raised Roman Catholic...but I'm pretty jaded and haven't practiced religion in a looking time.

Well...I must say...when neemo is chiming in...RF, you know we've finally found a topic worth considering.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Lol

Maybe u guys just wore me down ... 489 pages ... figured I should chip in a little bit

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Glad Neemo is here!!  Need more voices.

It is a numbers game too guys... There are possibly millions of radical Islamic terrorists.. MILLIONS... It is no comparison.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Neemo wrote:

And Koresh didn't kill anyone.  He led a cult that lived in isolation and told his voluntary followers he was Jesus.  Stupid, yes. But it wasn't until Reno and Clinton wanted to make a stand that they burned Waco to the ground and killed a bunch of people who's only crime was joining a cult.  Compare that with the millions of extremist Muslims worldwide who wouldn't hesitate for a second to butcher you and your daughter.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

I find it hard to believe that there are millions of extremists

Approx how many strong is the US Army? I would to think the amount of people loyal to ISIS is a fraction of that ... tho i have no idea really

Historically the Catholic Church has done some pretty terrible things in the name of God ... the Inquisition and the Crusades (which was against Muslims) come to mind ... granted that was a long fucking time ago ...

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Neemo wrote:

I find it hard to believe that there are millions of extremists

Approx how many strong is the US Army? I would to think the amount of people loyal to ISIS is a fraction of that ... tho i have no idea really

Historically the Catholic Church has done some pretty terrible things in the name of God ... the Inquisition and the Crusades (which was against Muslims) come to mind ... granted that was a long fucking time ago ...

There's over 1.2 billion Muslims worldwide. If only 2% are extremist, which plenty of studies have quantified this, that means millions. And they're primarily from the 6 countries Trump included on his ban.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Wow...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Wow...

Neemo, you need to watch this.  Created by a Muslim lady trying to get the truth out there.  A puh poll was conducted, here are the results.

Board footer