You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I agree with parts of what you are both saying...but I believe the issue is the extremist point of view of the Muslim faith ... not necessarily the faith itself ... the near impossible part is telling who holds those extremist views. In the past I have had discussions with Muslim co-workers and, and you are right Randall, they do not think like Westerners at all where religion is concerned.

I am a firm believer that if u want to move to a new country that you should make a concentrated effort to integrate into the society of that country ... I know, at least in my area, that doesn't always seem to happen.

The last real whacko Christian that I can recall is David Koresh, I don't think he fancied himself a terrorist, but the results of his actions were pretty terrifying ... and done in the name of "God".

I was born and raised Roman Catholic...but I'm pretty jaded and haven't practiced religion in a looking time.

And Koresh didn't kill anyone.  He led a cult that lived in isolation and told his voluntary followers he was Jesus.  Stupid, yes. But it wasn't until Reno and Clinton wanted to make a stand that they burned Waco to the ground and killed a bunch of people who's only crime was joining a cult.  Compare that with the millions of extremist Muslims worldwide who wouldn't hesitate for a second to butcher you and your daughter.

Koresh didn't just call himself Jesus he was stockpiling weapons for a war and RAPING LITTLE GIRLS.

The Christian empire was built on terrorism and destroying other religions. It worked for them. They had the power of that empire to do what they wanted to anyone they wanted. We're still dealing with the entitlement mindset of Christians in this country.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, they kind of have to, like when our bone headed president comes out declares there was a terrorist attack in Manila when there wasn't one.

I agree, Islamic terrorism and Christian obstructionism. I think if any American Christian politician makes one decision/vote/bill based on their faith they are disqualified from holding office and should resign. Agree?

So long as we ageee no politician who relies on science they don't understand or appeal to some ideology they can't defend with logic. So any politician advocating a $15 minimum wage or free college for all should resign, agree?

We have a law called seperation of church and state, not logic and absurdity.

On top of that, no one in power is enacting a destructive higher wage policy based on their religion, the EPA chief is executing his job and making decisions based on his faith.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I agree with parts of what you are both saying...but I believe the issue is the extremist point of view of the Muslim faith ... not necessarily the faith itself ... the near impossible part is telling who holds those extremist views. In the past I have had discussions with Muslim co-workers and, and you are right Randall, they do not think like Westerners at all where religion is concerned.

I am a firm believer that if u want to move to a new country that you should make a concentrated effort to integrate into the society of that country ... I know, at least in my area, that doesn't always seem to happen.

The last real whacko Christian that I can recall is David Koresh, I don't think he fancied himself a terrorist, but the results of his actions were pretty terrifying ... and done in the name of "God".

I was born and raised Roman Catholic...but I'm pretty jaded and haven't practiced religion in a looking time.

And Koresh didn't kill anyone.  He led a cult that lived in isolation and told his voluntary followers he was Jesus.  Stupid, yes. But it wasn't until Reno and Clinton wanted to make a stand that they burned Waco to the ground and killed a bunch of people who's only crime was joining a cult.  Compare that with the millions of extremist Muslims worldwide who wouldn't hesitate for a second to butcher you and your daughter.

Koresh didn't just call himself Jesus he was stockpiling weapons for a war and RAPING LITTLE GIRLS.

The Christian empire was built on terrorism and destroying other religions. It worked for them. They had the power of that empire to do what they wanted to anyone they wanted. We're still dealing with the entitlement mindset of Christians in this country.

And Muslims conquered North Africa and Southern Europe and completely changed the composition of the Iberian peninsula. You're talking about shit 800 years ago. How about staying in the 21st century.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

ID we seem to all agree on the religion thing. Can we all agree there is a bigger problem with the Muslim Faith than the Jewish or Christian faith and stop trying to create some bullshit false equivalency like Mitch and MSNBC likes to push?

The issue with Islam is not the faith itself but with certain religious leaders who have a martyrdom complex and desperately want to be important and too many other leaders who are scared to call them out. I'd say it's not the Catholic religion that's responsible for rampant pedophilia and child abuse, but is very alluring to sickos, and there are religious leaders who put up with it, hide it and deny it, for whatever inexcusable reason. It's not the religion causing it. We don't call it Catholic pedophillia.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

And Muslims conquered North Africa and Southern Europe and completely changed the composition of the Iberian peninsula. You're talking about shit 800 years ago. How about staying in the 21st century.

Okay, the state and economy of Muslim communities make them ripe for extremists. Luckily for us, our economy and natural assimilation cuts this way down.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

So the vid says like 18% of all 1.6B Muslims hold some kind of radical belief ... and the murdering/killing extremist portion is anywhere between 200k to 500k with ISIS making up about half of that number.

Wikipedia says that the US Armed Forces is like 2.5M strong incl reserves. (Canada is only 320k lol)

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

ID we seem to all agree on the religion thing. Can we all agree there is a bigger problem with the Muslim Faith than the Jewish or Christian faith and stop trying to create some bullshit false equivalency like Mitch and MSNBC likes to push?

The issue with Islam is not the faith itself but with certain religious leaders who have a martyrdom complex and desperately want to be important and too many other leaders who are scared to call them out. I'd say it's not the Catholic religion that's responsible for rampant pedophilia and child abuse, but is very alluring to sickos, and there are religious leaders who put up with it, hide it and deny it, for whatever inexcusable reason. It's not the religion causing it. We don't call it Catholic pedophillia.

They didn't sexually boys and girls because they claimed it to be in the Bible and in the name of Jesus. But that shit is was fucked up. It is what happens when you don't allow priests to be married. Pisses me off. But anyway, not the same.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Catholics got the headlines because it is the biggest Christian faith but there were many fucked up youth ministers etc doing the same fucking thing that were Protestant etc. but the Catholic Church seemed to hide that Fucking shit.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Catholics got the headlines because it is the biggest Christian faith but there were many fucked up youth ministers etc doing the same fucking thing that were Protestant etc. but the Catholic Church seemed to hide that Fucking shit.

Do we need to call it Christian pedophilia then? tongue

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

So the vid says like 18% of all 1.6B Muslims hold some kind of radical belief ... and the murdering/killing extremist portion is anywhere between 200k to 500k with ISIS making up about half of that number.

Wikipedia says that the US Armed Forces is like 2.5M strong incl reserves. (Canada is only 320k lol)

There a fuck ton of enablers too. Like they won't do the crime but they won't stop it either.

Board footer