You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

lol, first he caters to China and gives them 'credit', now he's hiring more foreigners for 2017.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business … 66b44d3953

Trump's Mar-A-Lago gets approval to hire 70 foreign workers

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

lol, first he caters to China and gives them 'credit', now he's hiring more foreigners for 2017.

and THAT is how you make America great again....for Trump...

what a leader

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:

I don’t know much about how common this is, but I’d be terrified to hire any American youth. Some DNC operative walking around with a camera, trying to create controversy and get a lawsuit.

I’m generally opposed to importing labor, but isn’t the left decrying any changes to visas or immigration. Is this one of those times where because Trump is involved, it’s decried?

But how hard can it be to find cleaners and bus boys?

I did find the article funny yesterday of some Honduras woman who was being used as a victim because she’ll hsve to go home. She’s been here for 19 years and needed an interpreter to talk to the media. That’s a problem and shows no effort to integrate.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I don’t know much about how common this is, but I’d be terrified to hire any American youth. Some DNC operative walking around with a camera, trying to create controversy and get a lawsuit.

I’m generally opposed to importing labor, but isn’t the left decrying any changes to visas or immigration. Is this one of those times where because Trump is involved, it’s decried?

At a minimum, it's the symbolism of it. #MAGA leader hires non-Americans for his multimillion dollar exclusive private resort?  C'mon. PR wise its way worse than anything an undercover sting could show.

Yes, it is common I think for vacation areas to hire foreign temp labor. I think amusement parks etc do it. As for is it 'really' that hard to hire US teens, I'm not so sure. Still,. you're the President of the USA, hire 50 Americans for crying out loud.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I did find the article funny yesterday of some Honduras woman who was being used as a victim because she’ll hsve to go home. She’s been here for 19 years and needed an interpreter to talk to the media. That’s a problem and shows no effort to integrate.

Of course this is common....that's why all this idiocy about the wall is so foolish...as far as assimilation is concerned....isn't it enough to just obtain and retain a job? I don't give a shit about which language any of them speak.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I don't give a shit about which language any of them speak.

Flagg:
this_is_murica.jpg

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Of course this is common....that's why all this idiocy about the wall is so foolish...as far as assimilation is concerned....isn't it enough to just obtain and retain a job? I don't give a shit about which language any of them speak.

I definitely care. Speak what you want at home. But if you can’t soeak English, you’re not going to integrate into American society. That’s not an unreasonable expectation to have. That the bar has been lowered so much, is truly telling.

Every public school teaches in English. You’re handicapping yourself if you don’t. 19 years and no english, you’re not working a job that’s contributing. And for the record, she cleaned.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I definitely care. Speak what you want at home. But if you can’t soeak English, you’re not going to integrate into American society. That’s not an unreasonable expectation to have. That the bar has been lowered so much, is truly telling.

Every public school teaches in English. You’re handicapping yourself if you don’t. 19 years and no english, you’re not working a job that’s contributing. And for the record, she cleaned.

the second generation will always assimilate....the fresh off the boat 30 year old....that's tough

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

the second generation will always assimilate....the fresh off the boat 30 year old....that's tough

I don’t expect them to be wearing an NFL jersey and listening to Stern. But after 19 years, you should be able to have simple conversations in English. If someone offered you $20 million to manage their business in Germany and you accepted, would you not try to learn German?  After 20 years would you need a translator to have a basic conversation in German?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Americans are lazy as fuck. We know that. That is why we need Mexicans to do the jobs whites and blacks are too proud to do. I had to bring in H2B Visa workers one time from guatemala to spread pine straw. ZERO locals wanted to do that shit. We paid the guys $13 per hour and paid for their hotel rooms. But they came and busted ass.

Board footer