You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

Trump is so stupid he can’t get out of his own way

The tax bill is not bad like the libs proclaim

Trump was more measured on North Korea

Lots of Libs in the Media are turning out to be scum bags. The same ones of course that attacked Fox/O’Rielly/Ailes etc.

Amazing how media and private companies drop the hammer on sexual assault violators yet in public life Conyers, Moore, Franken get to carryon like nothing happened. It is bullshit.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Lots of Libs in the Media are turning out to be scum bags. The same ones of course that attacked Fox/O’Rielly/Ailes etc.

Amazing how media and private companies drop the hammer on sexual assault violators yet in public life Conyers, Moore, Franken get to carryon like nothing happened. It is bullshit.

That the left remained mum on Bill Clinton’s numerous accusers, even starting “Move on” because they didn’t care, then to coorinate Hillary despite her “attacking” all her accusers, says it all.

This will continue for a few months and then people will have had enough. The left’s obsession with not only creating victims, but making it a point of pride to be a victim is going to keep them from gaining power. Yelling racism or misogyny at the wind when it’s convenient won’t work for them anymore. Kennedy would be a rapist in the modern progressive’s eye.

They’re only harming themselves. They’re just too stupid to see it.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fair point. I heard on the radio an interview Lauer did recently with O'Reilly after the assault claims & he was fired. He just came off as hypocritical as O'Reilly was defending his position.

I dunno, there's 2 sides to everything. I"ll admit the Charlie Rose working at home in his underwear however was outta line. I don't remember the specifics of O"Reilly, was it an office fling, mingling or full on "assault". Conyers seemed inappropriate and I think has multiple claims, Franken seemed more inoucuous. I do think Moore was a little bit "funny" in a 32 year old hanging out at the mall picking up chicks, different times & probably moreso in 1960s Alabama (no offense SG) but 14-32 is still pretty bad no matter the era or culture.

I remember having a job at a decent corporation, yet our branch was fairly small. The "Marketing Department" always had a young new hire, entry level who'd last 2-3 years. Always, a 22 year old college grad, who coincidentally was always office eye candy. Funny, one time we had a happy hour & the girl who'd left about a year prior came to catch up with everyone. At 25ish, she met the new office girl, and you could see this stare on her face. It was sorta like this Eureka! moment where she kinda realized "Oh, that's why I was hired here.".

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

That the left remained mum on Bill Clinton’s numerous accusers, even starting “Move on” because they didn’t care, then to coorinate Hillary despite her “attacking” all her accusers, says it all.

Clinton definitely had his sexual creep past. Where there's smoke there's fire. Lewinsky however I don't have sympathy for. When you knowingly suck your boss' dick & especially that of a married man, sorry, that isn't sexual assault, that is you having an affair & being 'The Other Woman'.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Clinton definitely had his sexual creep past. Where there's smoke there's fire. Lewinsky however I don't have sympathy for. When you knowingly suck your boss' dick & especially that of a married man, sorry, that isn't sexual assault, that is you having an affair & being 'The Other Woman'.

Right. Which is where most of these stories fall under.  Roy Moore is different, but I’m not going to pretend women don’t throw themselves at powerful/rich men. And I’m not going to pretend propositioning someone for sex is assault or harassment. No means no, and I don’t believe in shitting where you eat. But if you dress like Megyn Kelly and meet your boss for drinks after work, he’s not a pervert if he asks you up to his room. It’s only wrong if it’s repeatedly done after saying no or it’s quid pro quo.

I don’t know what Matt Lauer did and have no sympathy for men who cheat on their wives. But if all he did was put his hand on her shoulder and ask her if she wants to fuck, I don’t think pretending he’s in the same league as Roy Moore. And can we stop calling Moore a pedophile?  He’s a piece of shit and has no business in office, but most of these girls were around 18. I wouldn’t fuck a teenager, but watch Britney Spears first video and tell me you don’t find her attractive.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

No means no, and I don’t believe in shitting where you eat. But if you dress like Megyn Kelly and need your boss for drinks after work, he’s not a pervert if he asks you up to his room. It’s only wrong if it’s repeatedly done after saying no or it’s quid pro quo.

I agree with you, however I'll say that 'inviting a coworker' up to your room even once could be seen as out of line, given the context. I depends tho, maybe it's not always fireable but I'm sure Lauer did worse. I heard one of Lauers accusations was done in Brazil during the Olympics. Something like that, or let's say a NYC or Vegas retreat, the nightlife, they go out the the lounge or rooftop club or something (Keep in mind these guys are millionaires). Depending on the situation and how the night went is it really appropriate to say "He wanna stop up to my room?". Then again, also you shouldn't be hanging out with married men unless it's a full on office event, & they're all still around. After that, I feel they're both off the clock in a way. Not saying it's pure freedom to do whatever, as inappropriate is still inappropriate.

Then again, is it it much different than an average 30 year old asking a coworker out for drinks or dinner?  And secondly, notice how he's out with a younger hottie, in other words, he isn't taking the 25 year old dude around town and showing off. So there's that. He's not showing her a fun time for her work ethic lol.

These guys have to start hitting the strip clubs instead man. I agree, don't shit where you eat.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This will continue for a few months and then people will have had enough. The left’s obsession with not only creating victims, but making it a point of pride to be a victim is going to keep them from gaining power. Yelling racism or misogyny at the wind when it’s convenient won’t work for them anymore. Kennedy would be a rapist in the modern progressive’s eye.

They’re only harming themselves. They’re just too stupid to see it.

That’s a two way street...conservatives can’t be outraged by the clintons anymore because Trump is Clinton in terms of someone who has abused power...the only distinction in my eyes is that trump did his in the private sector.

Just think about that for a second...if you’re argument is that liberals shouldn’t be taken seriously because liberals  protected Clinton then conservatives elect Trump vwho is at least as bad as Clinton...then the whole point is moot wouldn’t you say.

Clinton used power to have sex with younger women. Conservatives hate him because of it. Conservatives hated Hillary so much they elected another Bill Clinton. And around we go.

Randall Flagg

Right, Republicans are idiots for the moral majority nonsense. You won’t hear me say otherwise. But this call to arms is coming from one side. I don’t think Franken should resign even if he did put his hand on a woman’s ass. It’s wrong, shame him. Move on. But it wasn’t assault and if the women really cared, they’d have said something then.

But Clinton’s impeachment was about perjury. Not because he got lots of pussy. The family was/is corrupt, and his behavior was enough to get him disbarred. If you want me to say Republicans can be retarded, mission accomplished. But their bullshit pales in comparison to the PC bullshit and speech codes of the left. One party has become entirely based on it, while the other uses it when it’s convenient for a news cycle.

Just as most Republicans have denounced Moore, I’d hope that most Democrats would denounce this PC weaponization of assault allegations. But this is their answer to the tea party.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Right, Republicans are idiots for the moral majority nonsense. You won’t hear me say otherwise. But this call to arms is coming from one side. I don’t think Franken should resign even if he did put his hand on a woman’s ass. It’s wrong, shame him. Move on. But it wasn’t assault and if the women really cared, they’d have said something then.

But Clinton’s impeachment was about perjury. Not because he got lots of pussy. The family was/is corrupt, and his behavior was enough to get him disbarred. If you want me to say Republicans can be retarded, mission accomplished. But their bullshit pales in comparison to the PC bullshit and speech codes of the left. One party has become entirely based on it, while the other uses it when it’s convenient for a news cycle.

Just as most Republicans have denounced Moore, I’d hope that most Democrats would denounce this PC weaponization of assault allegations. But this is their answer to the tea party.

It should make you feel better that I n the end the people of Alabama will decide whether or not this behavior is acceptable.

I don’t mean this in a cheeky way...i mean it as Alabama gets to choose how they are represented. No one else...certainly not  outraged liberals in the media.

Other than having sex with children or dating children, none of this is illegal  and nor should it.

Either we is all agree that it’s unacceptable everywhere no matter what or we don’t. Standing by someone who has committed these atrocities is the same thing as saying I am selectively against what Moore did.

Unfortunately, regarding perjury and all of that stuff, I sadly accepted  it all comes with the territory. Politicians lie and we accept it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/marine-co … -roy-moore

Well, here is a write in option for me to vote for.

Board footer