You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Wow, the rumors might be true. I still say he was the "normal one" of the group. Was better than I had anticipated, although, a 1 year term isn't all that.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/30/us/p … d=tw-share

White House Plans Tillerson Ouster From State Dept., to Be Replaced by Pompeo, Within Weeks

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Wow, the rumors might be true. I still say he was the "normal one" of the group. Was better than I had anticipated, although, a 1 year term isn't all that.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/30/us/p … d=tw-share

White House Plans Tillerson Ouster From State Dept., to Be Replaced by Pompeo, Within Weeks

alright...I'm definitely outside my wheel house on this....what is the purpose or reason for so much turnover?

Why is there almost no one left there that originally started? Some churn and turnover might happen in 4 years...but almost everyone in 11 months?

Why? Please help me understand.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I have a strong feeling there might be some truth to these rumors: 

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/to … mg00000313

Trump’s Co-Author: White House Now ‘Deeply Concerned About His Mental Health’

“I know that two different people from the White House ? or at least saying that they were from the White House and that turned out to be a White House number ? have called somebody I know in the last several weeks to say, ‘We are deeply concerned about his mental health.’”

I think he almost thinks he's become a dictator, in a mentally not all there kinda way.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I have a strong feeling there might be some truth to these rumors: 

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/to … mg00000313

Trump’s Co-Author: White House Now ‘Deeply Concerned About His Mental Health’

“I know that two different people from the White House ? or at least saying that they were from the White House and that turned out to be a White House number ? have called somebody I know in the last several weeks to say, ‘We are deeply concerned about his mental health.’”

I think he almost thinks he's become a dictator, in a mentally not all there kinda way.

How does that happen when he's not accomplishing anything and he's certainly not accomplishing anything individually. His EOs have been mostly shot down haven't they?

Or does this just go back to him not understanding government?

God damn I hate this man...how does a man who knows so little have so much success in this country?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

2 weeks to go, but looks like Moore is going to win:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll … -6271.html

I wonder how much of this is due to the media running any story about sexual assault and the left’s mantra that every woman should be believed regardless of how irregular their story is. If Moore loses, every outlet will celebrate their coverage as why. So if Moore wins, don’t they own some of the blame?

What’s so frustrating is this PC bullshit is what caused Trump to win. And the left seems to be doubling down on it.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Here's a (PaSnow) conspiracy theory: Dems are just stringing it all along for a monster Republican takedown when this goes down. Hence why Obama, Biden & Hillary are all smiles & some like Corker & Flake are jumping ship. They don't wanna be part of it when it occurs. I think McCain just hates Trump at this point after his comments anyway.

BTW - Anyone know why Cruz & Bernie seem to keep having these CNN debates?  Its interesting a suppose, but they've had about 3 so far IIRC

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

2 weeks to go, but looks like Moore is going to win:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll … -6271.html

I wonder how much of this is due to the media running any story about sexual assault and the left’s mantra that every woman should be believed regardless of how irregular their story is. If Moore loses, every outlet will celebrate their coverage as why. So if Moore wins, don’t they own some of the blame?

What’s so frustrating is this PC bullshit is what caused Trump to win. And the left seems to be doubling down on it.

I'm really not surprised by this at all...are you?

And I'm not sure your supposition about PC bullshit and Dems has much to do with it. I think this was inevitable. Moore is going to win and it really doesn't matter what he does or doesn't do. I think enough people don't care about what he did that anything regarding the Dems or PC stuff really won't have an affect when it comes time to actually voting.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Here's a (PaSnow) conspiracy theory: Dems are just stringing it all along for a monster Republican takedown when this goes down. Hence why Obama, Biden & Hillary are all smiles & some like Corker & Flake are jumping ship. They don't wanna be part of it when it occurs. I think McCain just hates Trump at this point after his comments anyway.

BTW - Anyone know why Cruz & Bernie seem to keep having these CNN debates?  Its interesting a suppose, but they've had about 3 so far IIRC

Yes...I totally agree...I've been saying this all along. It's not about truth, it's about perception. This playbook and mudslinging and attacking even without truth to back it up was really perfected by the republicans over the Obama years.

There is no substance to politics anymore...maybe there never was...which is why it's so perfect for Hollywood celebrities.

I remember during election season watching debates from presidential elections of years past. The debates during the 80s and 70s and 60s were particularly interesting to me. The content of what was debated was majority about policy and ideas. Another thing is that, people didn't seem to lose their cool. While debating, there was a cool calm demeanor from both candidates. I think I saw some primary debates as well. Even the most controversial of figures (Thurmond, etc...) were always cool and calm on camera, at least during these debates.

The debate between Hillary and Trump was just about making fun of each other and bringing out each other's drama. Go back and watch...it was "Trump said this...Trump did that" vs "Hillary is corrupt...crooked Hillary...lock her up." It really was about one-liners, attention seeking and mockery.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I had no doubt Moore would win.

Just like I have no doubt that Trump would win if he can make it to 2020.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I had no doubt Moore would win.

Just like I have no doubt that Trump would win if he can make it to 2020.

I hate to say it but I think I agree with you...Trump will win again if he tries.

Does that mean that the Dems are just that terrible and unpopular these days or is it is that Trump is really that good at campaigning?

Board footer