You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Did you see the allegations they renewed this morning?  Trump looked at a woman like a piece of meat at the USA pageant as she was naked “under her robe”.  This is the lunacy of victim politics. A woman is now considered naked if she has a robe on,

I gotta say this was pretty funny. Leave it to some dipshit liberal to actually make Randall Flagg be right once in this thread.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Did Steve Bannon insult/mock Ivanka by reciting "There's a special place in hell" for Democrats (or something like that).  WTF. A republican, insults the Republican Presidents daughter, and people cheer it on.

That's my beef with all this, they're just pep rally's out there, and people roar no matter what is being said. I bet 80% of those idiots cheering probably follow Ivanka on Twitter. It's a mess, they don't know what's being said it's just like caveman "Republican Good, Democrat Bad".

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

You're saying if a mad man told you that your ferry was going to be blown up by a bunch of convicts unless you blew their's up first, you wouldn't?  I'm not saying I wouldn't give pause or have to live with that guilt, but if it comes down to me and my loved ones versus a ferry full of criminals, it's not a hard choice to make.  That was my least favorite part of the movie, because if there wasn't a batman with spying tools that would make the NSA cream their pants, the joker would have killed everyone.  And if you recall, the passengers voted to blow up the criminals, just no one had the balls to actually pull the trigger.  It's why I believe citizens should participate in the death penalty via a lottery system similar to jury selection to flip the switch.  If you support something, you should be willing to participate in it.  When firing squads were common, one rifle would have a blank so you could always sleep at night thinking you had the blank.

Canada has public and private healthcare.  So does the UK.  So does every 1st world nation.  I don't want someone to be denied medical care because they are poor.  That hardcore Republican mantra of letting people die in the streets doesn't sit well with me.

Nice post, Flagg.

I want a public option for lower middle class families and a wide social safety net for the poor. But if you can afford private insurance you should pay for it and get the package you want. Allow singles to buy into medicare early, or a basic Medicaid package for a tax break. You should get a tax cut for doing the right thing.

Where I think they went wrong with the mandate is instead of a fine, if you choose to wait until you're sick you should be charged a $5,000 penalty for taking advantage of Obamacare. Also, all drug prices and medical procedures should be capped. I'm game to giving doctors and hospitals tax cuts incentives in exchange, and capping lawsuits outside death and gross negligence to lower their insurance costs. But doctors should be graded annually, if they don't meet a standard they lose the incentives, bad grading and potentially lost license.

My father had a doctor who looked at my dad's symptoms and said he had an ulcer. When that didn't help he said he had a bad gallbladder and removed it. Then my father had a seizure and the hospital found he had renal failure. All his doctor had to do was a piss test from the start and my dad could have got a jump on it and prevented his health slide, no dialysis and would still be alive today. We learned the doctor had a habit of laziness that led to patient deaths.

Sorry to hear this ID.. that really sucks.

Look how this medical field is run though...go to a clinic or a doctor....they're booked solid with patients for what...6 months? They rush you in and rush you out....swipe that insurance card and viola do it all over again.

How is a doctor supposed 'keep up with his field,' when patients are being hurled at him/her all day, every day. The chief of medicine or whoever is in charge of the hospital/clinic just sees churn. More patients, more money...more money, more bonuses.

This is one reason why for-profit medicine doesn't always doesn't work.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

My favorite Flagg post was a few pages back about healthcare. When he basically said "other people should have some healthcare".... but they need to wait in line & get healthcare not quite as good as himself cause he worked hard for it. Not that I disagree entirely with what he said, but it came off like & reminded me of the subway/train scene at the end of The Dark Knight, where the Joker tries to pit common folks against hardened prisoners. Just a totally cliche scene but I could see Flagg in the middle of it taking over the one trains debate & winning, dumping the prisoners into the river to drown or whatever was to happen to them.

You're saying if a mad man told you that your ferry was going to be blown up by a bunch of convicts unless you blew their's up first, you wouldn't?  I'm not saying I wouldn't give pause or have to live with that guilt, but if it comes down to me and my loved ones versus a ferry full of criminals, it's not a hard choice to make.  That was my least favorite part of the movie, because if there wasn't a batman with spying tools that would make the NSA cream their pants, the joker would have killed everyone.  And if you recall, the passengers voted to blow up the criminals, just no one had the balls to actually pull the trigger.  It's why I believe citizens should participate in the death penalty via a lottery system similar to jury selection to flip the switch.  If you support something, you should be willing to participate in it.  When firing squads were common, one rifle would have a blank so you could always sleep at night thinking you had the blank.

Canada has public and private healthcare.  So does the UK.  So does every 1st world nation.  I don't want someone to be denied medical care because they are poor.  That hardcore Republican mantra of letting people die in the streets doesn't sit well with me.

Nice post, Flagg.

I want a public option for lower middle class families and a wide social safety net for the poor. But if you can afford private insurance you should pay for it and get the package you want. Allow singles to buy into medicare early, or a basic Medicaid package for a tax break. You should get a tax cut for doing the right thing.

Where I think they went wrong with the mandate is instead of a fine, if you choose to wait until you're sick you should be charged a $5,000 penalty for taking advantage of Obamacare. Also, all drug prices and medical procedures should be capped. I'm game to giving doctors and hospitals tax cuts incentives in exchange, and capping lawsuits outside death and gross negligence to lower their insurance costs. But doctors should be graded annually, if they don't meet a standard they lose the incentives, bad grading and potentially lost license.

My father had a doctor who looked at my dad's symptoms and said he had an ulcer. When that didn't help he said he had a bad gallbladder and removed it. Then my father had a seizure and the hospital found he had renal failure. All his doctor had to do was a piss test from the start and my dad could have got a jump on it and prevented his health slide, no dialysis and would still be alive today. We learned the doctor had a habit of laziness that led to patient deaths.

I’m sorry to hear that. Something very similar happened in my family.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

So weird seeing all eyes on my state lol. Charles Barkley had it right too. I like ole Barkley.

Randall Flagg

Smoking Guns wrote:

So weird seeing all eyes on my state lol. Charles Barkley had it right too. I like ole Barkley.

What time do the polls close?

One of my buddies from high school lives in Huntsville. He’s voting for Moore

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I did a write in vote for Col. Lee Busby.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Deep inside I hope Jones wins but I also like the tax plan and don’t want that in jeopardy.

Randall Flagg

Smoking Guns wrote:

Deep inside I hope Jones wins but I also like the tax plan and don’t want that in jeopardy.

It shouldn’t be. Jones won’t be sworn in until the start of the year, and they think they’ll pass it by year’s end.

I’m waiting for a project Veritas type group to just find people to accuse Booker and others of harassment.

That’s going to be the only way to end this. Any talk of Republican obstructionism is a joke compared to this shit. Treason, collusion, impeachment, and now sexual harassment.

It’s obvious the Dems know their collusion shit is done, so let’s move on to the next fabricated scandal.

Just remember this when they are still trying to understand “why” when Trump is re-elected in 2020.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

If Moore is ejected they just replace him with a better suited Republican. I don't think they re-vote. So today is it.

I highly doubt Trump runs again in 2020, Maybe, but tbh I think he'll bounce. I think he hates it & the stress really got to him. He's mental.

Board footer