You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

25:40 is the comment

Randall Flagg

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/19/politics/ … +Recent%29

And this is why this is a loser for the DNC.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/19/politics/ … +Recent%29

And this is why this is a loser for the DNC.

Also in that story: 47% say responsibility for shutdown falls on GOP or Trump; 31% on Dems; 10% both parties.

Also, I thought we didn’t believe polls anymore?

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Also interestingly, that CNN poll says CHIP is way more important to people than DACA. That’s where the GOP is really hurt, because they are the ones that let it expire then wouldn’t bring it to a vote. People care about kids and don’t want them used as leverage over political adversaries.

Randall Flagg

bigbri wrote:

Also interestingly, that CNN poll says CHIP is way more important to people than DACA. That’s where the GOP is really hurt, because they are the ones that let it expire then wouldn’t bring it to a vote. People care about kids and don’t want them used as leverage over political adversaries.

They didn't let it expire.  They voted for it.  You can do all the mental gymnastics you want, but as you said, CHIPs runs out soon, and the GOP voted for it.  The Democrats put illegals ahead of their own constituents.  When it's a head to head race and not some nationwide poll, people are going to be upset at the congressman that voted for illegals over them, especially in blue collar middle america.

Let me repeat this for you, the Republicans offered health insurance for children, funding our government and protecting us and keeping services going.  Democrats flatly rejected this to protect illegals ahead of their own people.  Once the GOP and Trump start trumpeting that and the mainstream media can't ignore it, your figures are going to change.  Which will hurt Democrats running as incumbents and as challengers.  Your party fucked up.  They literally voted to fuck over Americans yesterday.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

They didn't let it expire.  They voted for it.  You can do all the mental gymnastics you want, but as you said, CHIPs runs out soon, and the GOP voted for it.  The Democrats put illegals ahead of their own constituents.  When it's a head to head race and not some nationwide poll, people are going to be upset at the congressman that voted for illegals over them, especially in blue collar middle america.

They voted for it last night when it could have been renewed months ago. Organizations such as Zero to Three and First Five Years Fund have been calling on it to be brought to a vote since before the holidays. The GOP leadership kept it in their back pocket to use as leverage over Democrats in last night’s vote.

I think just as many people will be upset that a Congressman used the health of children as a pawn in the budget process.

Funding for MIECHV, funding for community health centers nationwide, and even the Special Diabetes Program weren’t even in the CR.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Your party fucked up.  They literally voted to fuck over Americans yesterday.

I thought there was a bipartisan bill put forth a week ago & Trump declined to sign it?  Which stemmed all this.

If anything Dems are probably forcing Repubs like McConnell & Ryan to stand with Trump so that when he gets evicted they'll look like buffoons.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Your party fucked up.  They literally voted to fuck over Americans yesterday.

I thought there was a bipartisan bill put forth a week ago & Trump declined to sign it?  Which stemmed all this.

If anything Dems are probably forcing Repubs like McConnell & Ryan to stand with Trump so that when he gets evicted they'll look like buffoons.

No, no bill was even put up for a vote, let alone passed and signed for.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Does anyone remember what happened to the CR that was supposed to be voted on around Christmas? My searches are failing me.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Trump is a fuck up because without laying out exactly what he Fucking wants nobody knows how to move forward. He should have articulated “pass the budget first then we will address DACA between the budget and March 4th”.

But since the 9th Circuit put a hault to stop Trump from stopping DACA they actually have even MORE TIME to figure this out. It won’t end on March 4th. Trump pisses me off because he is disingenuous when negotiating.

Also Cotton, Kelly, Sessions, Miller are way right of the rest of the US when it comes to DACA and illegal immigrants.

Board footer