You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Your party fucked up.  They literally voted to fuck over Americans yesterday.

I thought there was a bipartisan bill put forth a week ago & Trump declined to sign it?  Which stemmed all this.

If anything Dems are probably forcing Repubs like McConnell & Ryan to stand with Trump so that when he gets evicted they'll look like buffoons.

No, no bill was even put up for a vote, let alone passed and signed for.

He must be thinking about the proposal Graham and Durbin came up with.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:

Does anyone remember what happened to the CR that was supposed to be voted on around Christmas? My searches are failing me.

Didn't it get postponed and they passed a couple week resolution in early January?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Does anyone remember what happened to the CR that was supposed to be voted on around Christmas? My searches are failing me.

Didn't it get postponed and they passed a couple week resolution in early January?

Maybe, the holidays are a blur. I drank a lot and smoked a fair bit too.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Bottom line to me is this: The GOP was able to get a number of Democrats to vote “yes” last night. That is huge. Problem is: They couldn’t satisfy their own caucus. If you want to point fingers, Republicans Graham, Flake, Lee, and Paul broke from the party. If they vote yes, we’re not having this debate. Congressional leadership needs to satisfy their own, and that didn’t happen.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Bottom line to me is this: The GOP was able to get a number of Democrats to vote “yes” last night. That is huge. Problem is: They couldn’t satisfy their own caucus. If you want to point fingers, Republicans Graham, Flake, Lee, and Paul broke from the party. If they vote yes, we’re not having this debate. Congressional leadership needs to satisfy their own, and that didn’t happen.

I think they would have been at 55 max. Still needed 5 more Dems, right? Want the vote 50-49? Well McConnell voted no so he could vote again so really it would have been 51-48 plus the other 4 makes it 55-44. Did somebody not vote?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Did somebody not vote?

McCain. Health reasons Im pretty sure.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

The previews for the Waco mini series looks intense!! 

I don’t know all the facts. Sounds like our Government likely fucked Up. Could be wrong but something seems off.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^ Didn't know there was going to be a mini series. ABC had a show about it a few weeks ago, 2 hours I think, myb an hour, but I missed it. Seems like the new thing, ever since Making  A Murderer they're re-diving deep into past cases.

The People VS OJ Simpson was pretty good if you haven't seen that one yet. Waco seems worth watching. I remember it, but never knew much of the history or background. I agree though sounds like the government botched it imho. Sorta like the Cliven Bundy or Standing Rock protests turning deadly. I saw a Netflix show about the Oklahoma bombing, might have been a PBS show, man, one thing I never grasped at the time was the massiveness the bombing set off. I mean, I saw the building blown up, but it didn't hit me so much back then. One guy, one wacko, with a UHaul truck could pull off such devastation & mass casualties. In a way surprised nothing close to it has been repeated, in the US at least (9/11 being seperate in only that it was a plane hijacking not a bombing. Obviously it did more damage).

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Republicans have shut down the government 3 times in the last 6 years....

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

^ Didn't know there was going to be a mini series. ABC had a show about it a few weeks ago, 2 hours I think, myb an hour, but I missed it. Seems like the new thing, ever since Making  A Murderer they're re-diving deep into past cases.

The People VS OJ Simpson was pretty good if you haven't seen that one yet. Waco seems worth watching. I remember it, but never knew much of the history or background. I agree though sounds like the government botched it imho. Sorta like the Cliven Bundy or Standing Rock protests turning deadly. I saw a Netflix show about the Oklahoma bombing, might have been a PBS show, man, one thing I never grasped at the time was the massiveness the bombing set off. I mean, I saw the building blown up, but it didn't hit me so much back then. One guy, one wacko, with a UHaul truck could pull off such devastation & mass casualties. In a way surprised nothing close to it has been repeated, in the US at least (9/11 being seperate in only that it was a plane hijacking not a bombing. Obviously it did more damage).

The Oklahoma bomber cited Waco and Ruby Ridge as reasons for his bombing. 82 people and 4 agents killed at Waco.

Board footer