You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Melania has had enough of what?

Has there ever been a more irrelevant First Lady?

I would love to be the hired gun that goes in and fvcks Melania to keep her happy.

The hired smoking gun ya mean? Lol

You took that in a direction i didn’t expect...sometimes i feel like you might have th sex drive of 17 year old.

I do...  I am out of control.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Come to think of it SG does seem like the regular horn dog on this board. 16

Flagg though, you keep mentioning No Russia, No facts etc etc So tell me this, why has Kushner all of the sudden disappeared sometime back in the fall?  Just quietly, and unexplainably been shunned away & never seen in the WH whereas the first half of the year he'd be in all board room meetings?!

Aren't the rumors Kushners family business dealings were involved in the Russia probe, and Popadopalos possibly wore a wire while talking to Jared. Just seems highly coincidental timing, don't ya think?!

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Flagg though, you keep mentioning No Russia, No facts etc etc So tell me this, why has Kushner all of the sudden disappeared sometime back in the fall?  Just quietly, and unexplainably been shunned away & never seen in the WH whereas the first half of the year he'd be in all board room meetings?!

Aren't the rumors Kushners family business dealings were involved in the Russia probe, and Popadopalos possibly wore a wire while talking to Jared. Just seems highly coincidental timing, don't ya think?!

Check it next week on SNL...”where in the world is...Jared Kushner....”

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:

You assume he’s less visible. I don’t know if that’s true. That’s the problem. You guys take information from a suspect source, then create a whole new narrative from it.

I can’t find anyone that isn’t on the extreme left pushing the Russia narrative. Everyone else has moved on and realizes Mueller’s probe is about firing Comey and if that equals Obstruction.

The truther can try to change history again, but luckily the internet kept all their posts for others to see.

Don’t you think if there was any merit to it, there’d be one indictment related to it?  Just one?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

You assume he’s less visible. I don’t know if that’s true. That’s the problem. You guys take information from a suspect source, then create a whole new narrative from it.

I can’t find anyone that isn’t on the extreme left pushing the Russia narrative. Everyone else has moved on and realizes Mueller’s probe is about firing Comey and if that equals Obstruction.

The truther can try to change history again, but luckily the internet kept all their posts for others to see.

Don’t you think if there was any merit to it, there’d be one indictment related to it?  Just one?

The only thing that we have to compare this to is Nixon...and that took years...they plucked off one low level guy after another until they got to middle level people and then finally Nixon himself.

I’m not i believe technology hastens this timeline.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

How long after Nixon was interviewed did he resign? 

Watergate happened in the summer of 72 and the investigation was done and Nixon resigned in the summer of 74. So 2 years. Guess what, it’s been almost 2 years since the FBI started looking into this (summer 2016). So “this takes time” is losing its argument. I expect Mueller to wrap this up shortly after he has his interview with Trump.

And I strongly disagree computers don’t enhance the investigation from an era when computers didn’t exist and everyone used typewriters and couriers.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

How long after Nixon was interviewed did he resign? 

Watergate happened in the summer of 72 and the investigation was done and Nixon resigned in the summer of 74. So 2 years. Guess what, it’s been almost 2 years since the FBI started looking into this (summer 2016). So “this takes time” is losing its argument. I expect Mueller to wrap this up shortly after he has his interview with Trump.

And I strongly disagree computers don’t enhance the investigation from an era when computers didn’t exist and everyone used typewriters and couriers.

IMHO opinion the thing that takes time is beauracracy and and the many layers of the legal system that are designed to keep the process moving slowly. It's not technology.

It's lawyers using tactics to delay interviews and create strategies for defense. It's judges pushing things back so that both sides can make sure protocol is followed. The legal process is intentionally slow and tedious. I think we can at least agree on that.

The things that have added delays to the process include the changing of power at the executive branch, firing Comey, Trump's attempts at delaying and obstructing have delayed things. IMHO, this investigation really didn't start until after Trump won. If Hillary had won, I'd say the same thing.

None of this is a stance for or against his guilt....this is statement about how all of this is supposed to work.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

But that's what you want in charge of things like healthcare?  That's the exact reason the gov't needs as little power as possible,  not as much.  They bog shit down themselves. It's self-inflicted.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Trump values loyalty; anyone who knows him admits this.

But, you can't ask or expect loyalty from law enforcement of any kind. Yet he's consistently done this. I mean, if you're innocent of what you say you are, do you care? What is his obsession with this? This is why people think he's trying to obstruct.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Also, I guess this FBI agent swings both ways.

Board footer