You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I think this is a great snapshot of how the whole country is feeling.

I think you are right to a point. It is a shame really.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

The Nunes Memo implied the FBI did not adequately discuss the political backing of the Steele dossier in its application to surveil Page.

Turns out, the FBI actually did inform the FISA court of the political backing.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/ … ant-390795

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Dow has crashed nearly 1,000 today & over 1,500 since Fridays open. It is now lower then when GOP tax reform was passed on Dec 20th.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:

The Nunes Memo implied the FBI did not adequately discuss the political backing of the Steele dossier in its application to surveil Page.

A little disingenuous. Again, I see nothing important in the memo, but their argument was that they didn’t reveal it was directly funded by Clinton and the DNC.  Which they didn’t. An objective person would find that information important.

But we still have people on the left who think the GOP funded the Steele dossier before the DNC picked it up.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

A little disingenuous. Again, I see nothing important in the memo, but their argument was that they didn’t reveal it was directly funded by Clinton and the DNC.  Which they didn’t. An objective person would find that information important.

But we still have people on the left who think the GOP funded the Steele dossier before the DNC picked it up.

Not trying to argue, but did you read this part:

GOP memo's failure to mention a key footnote in the FBI application

Put another way, it was mentioned that the dossier was funded by Dems, just as a footnote. The fact Nunes omitted this was pretty disingenuous & guilty of what he is accusing the FBI of doing in the FISA application, omitting facts.

As for the RNC 'funding' the dossier, wouldn't surprise me in the least if McCain &/or Jeb were doing op intel, and passed their finding along to Hillary. McCain definitely hates Trump (and should), and Trump was a major dick to Jeb Bush, whose family has strong ties to the CIA. Just sayin' put 2 & 2 together.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

My understanding and I didn’t see anything in the article to refute this, was that the FBI made it known the document was politically funded, but didn’t explicitly state the DNC and Clinton campaign.

As other outlets have reported, the warrant was renewed 3 times. So pretending this was only because of the Steele dossier is inaccurate. I don’t believe the memo accomplished anything other than show how partisan the committee is. But no one has fucked with Mueller and the Senate committee is much more credible.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

^^ I think the biggest detriment however will be the lasting effects of this, and the partisanship it's now created. Sortof like how partisan the Supreme Court noms & hearing are, the Intel committee's have a new power & expectation to disclose info to the public often.  It's not gonna be a once a generation thing.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

My understanding and I didn’t see anything in the article to refute this, was that the FBI made it known the document was politically funded, but didn’t explicitly state the DNC and Clinton campaign.

As other outlets have reported, the warrant was renewed 3 times. So pretending this was only because of the Steele dossier is inaccurate. I don’t believe the memo accomplished anything other than how partisan the committee is. But no one has fucked with Mueller and the Senate committee is much more credible.

The FBI made it known it was politically funded, yes. They did not cite DNC or Clinton as the source, correct.

The Nunes memo didn't even acknowledge the first part.

Either way, we'll know how politically motivated it was when Trump refuses to release the Democratic version this week.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

An unbiased FBI guy said they did not use this dossier to get the initial wire taps, but did use it to get follow up wiretaps when no new evidence was found.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Trump should have fired Comey. Period.

There were a group of PRO Trump FBI agents in the Hillary investigation. It seems to me there is something very wrong with the top of the FBI.

Board footer