You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: US Politics Thread

^ Unless the loon owned the gun in the first place.

If chips in guns are possible it may also be possible to have tech that would communicate with the chips that would disable the guns in certain areas ie schools.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

^^ I actually think the gun makers themselves will be the ones to spur a change. Most guns made today contain a microchip for various reasons, such as inventory, etc. You could eventually have them alert schools and public spaces a gun is in the vicinity.

I’m not sure why you’d think that...there’s no incentive for them to care and these NRA people (which i assume gun manufacturers belong to) don’t seem to care much about these school shootings.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Ya know something that makes me laugh...whenever i come upon the olympics and i see an American medaling and i look up and more times than not it’s an Asian or somebody who clearly immigrated here from Scandinavia (a clear place for an advantage in Winter Olympics).

What are these people doing in my country representing me in the world competition? These jobs should go to real Americans. Send these people back home immediately and make America great again.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

If chips in guns are possible it may also be possible to have tech that would communicate with the chips that would disable the guns in certain areas ie schools.

That's actually a good thought. I know some drones do that, they won't even fly within 5 miles of an airport. Only problem is people would be against the GPS tracking capability of it.

Also too it wouldn't prevent Vegas or San Bernadino/workplace shootings. Still some form of smart technology could possibly help. Maybe a 911 app that auto shutoffs assault weapons in the county.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Ya know something that makes me laugh...whenever i come upon the olympics and i see an American medaling and i look up and more times than not it’s an Asian or somebody who clearly immigrated here from Scandinavia (a clear place for an advantage in Winter Olympics).

What are these people doing in my country representing me in the world competition? These jobs should go to real Americans. Send these people back home immediately and make America great again.

I laughed

We should also be playing our illegal immigrants from Mexico and Central America on our soccer teams.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

That's actually a good thought. I know some drones do that, they won't even fly within 5 miles of an airport. Only problem is people would be against the GPS tracking capability of it.

Also too it wouldn't prevent Vegas or San Bernadino/workplace shootings. Still some form of smart technology could possibly help. Maybe a 911 app that auto shutoffs assault weapons in the county.

How many of these shooters have legally owned their guns as of late?  Even the retard in Connecticut had permission to use his mother's guns.  This would help with handgun violence since the majority of those are illegally acquired.  It won't help with mass shootings like this.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

^ Supposedly his 'family' let him have this AR15?  Had it locked in a case but he had the key. Although I think his Mother passed recently so who knows what his family structure was. Seems they were a bit off as a bunch.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I'm still waiting for a solution from the "do something" crowd.  No one wants innocent people to be harmed because of some crazy or evil person.  The 2nd amendment exists.  It's been upheld repeatedly.  Even if you could magically make assault rifles disappear, you'd save a hundred or so lives a year.  Yes, that's 100 lives, but it's less than 1% of annual firearm casualties.  And how many of these places are gun free zones?  You never hear about a mass shooting at a gun show or in a police department.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Just checking, not arguing with you, but was the AR15 part of 1994s assault weapons ban?

I mean that in 2 phases, one, they weren't a problem until around Aurora/Batman shooting which was 2007/2008ish (Ban ended in 2004).  But also, it does kinda prove the 2nd ammendment limitations or limits have limits.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

How many of that remaining 99% are gang related type shootings?

Gang members duking it out doesn’t worry people because the chances of an innocent person (or multiple people) being killed are low. It’s that 100-200 per year in schools or a mall or a concert that’s the difference between shrugs of indifference and public outcry over guns.

Board footer