You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

In addition to what SG said car insurance rates drop drastically once you turn 25.

I’m sorry, you’re all being irrational. None of you want to do anything about people and focus on guns you don’t understand.

Are you just ignoring posts or being an ass?

I clearly said dudes with a past involving domestic abuse should be red-flagged for a gun purchase.

I clearly said I'd like money to be earmarked for mental health services.

I clearly did not propose anything that would infringe on 2A?

Don't paint with the broad brush "you're all being irrational."

Domestic violence bans you from owning a firearm.  That's already the law.  You're proving my point, you have an opinion but it's not informed.  Don't call me an ass because you spent 30 minutes reading about the issue and think you have some new insight.  Look up the Lautenberg amendment.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I see we’re going to treat the symptoms not the cause again.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:

So you agree the cause isn't the guns since guns can't pick themselves up and harm people.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I’m sorry, you’re all being irrational. None of you want to do anything about people and focus on guns you don’t understand. It’s the very definition of a mob mentality. That’s why nothing gets done. The loudest and angriest are almost always the least informed and that’s why you know who hasn’t offered a single idea in this thread.

We're just brainstorming bud, and really a rule of "Brainstorming" is to not shoot down someones idea. Because, let's say Big Bri comes up with an idea, well it might not work but then Mitchjw might adapt it, well if it still doesn't work SG might morph it into a newly formed idea, and eventually it gets there.

Randall Flagg

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

In addition to what SG said car insurance rates drop drastically once you turn 25.

It is a right in this country to own a gun. It’s not a right to drive, drink a beer, enlist, etc. How do you think SCOTUS is going to respond when you put an arbitrary age on firearm ownership?  I’m not saying it can’t be done, most states have 21 as the age limit for handgun purchase. But the courts require a genuine reason and less than 1% of all firearms deaths despite being 33% of all firearms owned isn’t going to pass that. Whereas 90% of all murders involve a handgun.

I’m sorry, you’re all being irrational. None of you want to do anything about people and focus on guns you don’t understand. It’s the very definition of a mob mentality. That’s why nothing gets done. The loudest and angriest are almost always the least informed and that’s why you know who hasn’t offered a single idea in this thread.

Only in America do we think it is normal a 19 year old can buy such a killing machine like an AR-15 then talk about his rights then say “oh well” when he kills some folks.  Why are you against raising the age? Your son can use a gun as long as he is with you under my policy. Clearly we have a Fucking issue. I have guns, I support your right to a gun. But I simply don’t trust our troubled youth with them especially when people can’t fully diagnose someone as a fuckup.

No one thinks it's normal and no one is saying "oh well".  You're the guy who claims he watched a friend illegally buy a handgun at a gunshow and did nothing about it.  But youth aren't buying guns.  How many school shooters have bought the guns they've used.  I'm just asking for ideas that are the least bit informed and have a chance of making it through congress or SCOTUS.  If you're talking about banning ownership for domestic violence offenders like BigBri was, you're obviously not informed on the issue.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

So you agree the cause isn't the guns since guns can't pick themselves up and harm people.

All these school shooting guys seems to pic the weapon of choice. A sling shot!  Wait, wut? NO THEY PICK THE FUCKING AR-15 because it is such a wonder and efficient killing machine vs a shot gun that typically holds 3-5 shells at most. All these attacks lately use AR-15’s or similar semi-auto rifles. They are Really Easy to get.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

It is a right in this country to own a gun. It’s not a right to drive, drink a beer, enlist, etc. How do you think SCOTUS is going to respond when you put an arbitrary age on firearm ownership?  I’m not saying it can’t be done, most states have 21 as the age limit for handgun purchase. But the courts require a genuine reason and less than 1% of all firearms deaths despite being 33% of all firearms owned isn’t going to pass that. Whereas 90% of all murders involve a handgun.

Only in America do we think it is normal a 19 year old can buy such a killing machine like an AR-15 then talk about his rights then say “oh well” when he kills some folks.  Why are you against raising the age? Your son can use a gun as long as he is with you under my policy. Clearly we have a Fucking issue. I have guns, I support your right to a gun. But I simply don’t trust our troubled youth with them especially when people can’t fully diagnose someone as a fuckup.

No one thinks it's normal and no one is saying "oh well".  You're the guy who claims he watched a friend illegally buy a handgun at a gunshow and did nothing about it.  But youth aren't buying guns.  How many school shooters have bought the guns they've used.  I'm just asking for ideas that are the least bit informed and have a chance of making it through congress or SCOTUS.  If you're talking about banning ownership for domestic violence offenders like BigBri was, you're obviously not informed on the issue.

This kid bought the gun himself.

Yes my friend bought a full auto AK at a gun show. He is 57, former Israeli military and I trust him and he is emotionally stable etc.  He isn’t some fuck up. That said he even admits he shouldn’t have been able to buy the gun.

Randall Flagg

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes my friend bought a full auto AK at a gun show. He is 57, former Israeli military and I trust him and he is emotionally stable etc.  He isn’t some fuck up. That said he even admits he shouldn’t have been able to buy the gun.

Right, cause it's a felony.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Right, cause it's a felony.

Yes but nobody is going to die from it.

But someone will die from that legally purchased AR-15 in the coming weeks. And we will say, “he purchased it legally, what law would stop this”

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I’m sorry, you’re all being irrational. None of you want to do anything about people and focus on guns you don’t understand.

Are you just ignoring posts or being an ass?

I clearly said dudes with a past involving domestic abuse should be red-flagged for a gun purchase.

I clearly said I'd like money to be earmarked for mental health services.

I clearly did not propose anything that would infringe on 2A?

Don't paint with the broad brush "you're all being irrational."

Domestic violence bans you from owning a firearm.  That's already the law.  You're proving my point, you have an opinion but it's not informed.  Don't call me an ass because you spent 30 minutes reading about the issue and think you have some new insight.  Look up the Lautenberg amendment.

We’re not enforcing that at the misdemeanor or felony level effectively. After the fact it is revealed these dudes often are abusers. Or else gun dealers are ignoring this.

The law also requires conviction as I understand it.

Board footer