You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I watched Hannity on CPac and they were big assholes to Geraldo like the CNN crowd was to Rubio. Fuck this shit man.

Didn’t see the Hannity episode, but I’d find it hard to be more disrespectful and anti intellectual than the CNN town hall was. Kids were coached and scripted what to say.

I saw a meme on Facebook I thought was funny.

CNN: 16 years olds should be listened to on gun policy

Me: 2 weeks ago these kids were eating tide pods

They went ballistic because Geraldo suggested raising the age from 18 to 21 to purchase an AR-15. Dan Bongino sounded like a fucking idiot and before last night I liked him. Dana Lasche was a big bitch as well to Geraldo. Geraldo isn’t a liberal.

CNN those kids needed an ass beating.

I haven't been following terribly closely because quite honestly....I'm tired of debating these things.

We're not getting anywhere. and we won't do anything...we'll all calm down and focus on the next Mueller indictment or whatever.

Can I make a suggestion to you? Stop watching the news. It's depressing, it's designed to anger you and get a reaction. I turn it off every time I find myself accidentally looking at it on my TV.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Just for you, Mitch. 19
Trump hits 50% approval rating. Higher than Obama was at this point.
http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_co … rack_feb23

Thanks Flagg...I was starting to get the shakes from withdrawal.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/21/poli … index.html

If we learned nothing else from the last election, we learned each poll has its bias.

I like the video attached....of Republican women complaining about people who criticize the president. Good god you can't make this shit up sometimes.

The key difference is Rasmussen looks at likely voters while the others sample the general population.

I don’t get caught up on polls, but I think the distinction in sampling matters.

If I had to make a broad, over-generalization, I'd say the lower the voter turnout, the more likely it is the Rasmussen poll is more accurate. The higher, the more likely the Quin. poll.

Just a guess.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
TheMole wrote:
misterID wrote:

I've given more than enough stats and solutions. You guys ignored them, so this his just drivel.

I will admit that I don't read everything in this thread... some of the thinking on display here is quite disheartening to read to be honest. But that whole "we're different" line of reasoning just really ticks me off... there's nothing inherently different about US citizens, they're not somehow genetically more inclined to shoot or murder people. It is fixable, but it's never going to get fixed if you just close your eyes, cover your ears and repeat that "won't work for us" mantra over and over again.

Were my stats somehow wrong then? Here are my references:
* Alpers, Philip, Amélie Rossetti and Daniel Salinas. 2018. Guns in the United States: Proportion of Households with Firearms. Sydney School of Public Health, The University of Sydney.
* Alpers, Philip, Amélie Rossetti and Daniel Salinas. 2018. Guns in the United States: Homicides (All Means). Sydney School of Public Health, The University of Sydney.
* https://www.service-public.fr/particuli … roits/N287

We had an assault weapons ban for ten years, gun violence did not drop, we had Colombine. We have 300 million guns, they're here, over five million assault weapons. They won't disappear no matter what law is passed. We've had Ruby Ridge and Waco, we'll see more militias and armed groups if they attempt a ban. That's what I'm talking about. I'm not bragging we're different, I am saying our situation is completely different than any other or any you hold up in comparison.

misterID

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Well, we sent him after a night and morning of debate, investigating, and calls. If he had no tests today, we might have kept him home.

Every school around here had threats. Every single one. They've busted most of them, they were all kids. But my niece's school had three cops with the usual deputy on campus.

Not only did the cop on duty at Parkland not go after that kid, the security system was so fucked the video footage was delayed and sending the cops the wrong image of where he was in the school and is how he escaped.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Well, we sent him after a night and morning of debate, investigating, and calls. If he had no tests today, we might have kept him home.

Every school around here had threats. Every single one. They've busted most of them, they were all kids. But my niece's school had three cops with the usual deputy on campus.

Not only did the cop on duty at Parkland not go after that kid, the security system was so fucked the video footage was delayed and sending the cops the wrong image of where he was in the school and is how he escaped.

Are people going to start bitching about the cost of having 3 deputies on duty and on the payroll? Can everyone afford that?

That's where conservatives go in circles. More prisons but I don't wanna pay for it. More guards but I don't wanna pay for it. More public services but  don't wanna pay for it.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Are people going to start bitching about the cost of having 3 deputies on duty and on the payroll? Can everyone afford that?

That's where conservatives go in circles. More prisons but I don't wanna pay for it. More guards but I don't wanna pay for it. More public services but  don't wanna pay for it.

Dude, you literally just described the Democrats platform. “More, more, more, but I’m not going to pay. Make the rich people pay.”

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

If I hear one more fvcking idiot say, “well 18 year olds in our military have these weapons and go to war how can we raise the age” I am going to lose my fvcking shit.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Dude, you literally just described the Democrats platform. “More, more, more, but I’m not going to pay. Make the rich people pay.”

I don't think Dems are asking for 3 armed guards in schools. Aren't they saying less guns?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I don't think Dems are asking for 3 armed guards in schools. Aren't they saying less guns?

I actually just read an article they’re advocating less cops in schools, because they “unfairly” target black students.

The party is lost without Obama. Just irrational demands.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

They had three deputies because of a direct threat, not for shits and giggles.

Board footer