You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

It was a better response than his standard "fuck trump" with a dash of racial accusations and "dick heat" interjection.  It's a move in the right direction.

I'll give you that, but still not response worthy.  There were so many things wrong with the healthcare program from a financial point of view. It wasn't sustainable or even designed to be sustainable.  It was designed to try to force a single payer situation.

There were some great parts of the law...coverage for dependents for example.  Many of those have been adopted by some of the insurance companies regardless of whether they will be required to.  It's not like the whole thing was a pile of shit like some claimed, but the flaws were so big that they outweighed some of the gains.  Anytime one side is making all of the decisions, it's bad for the people.  It doesn't matter which side it is.  Together they could probably come up with some compromises that could work, but nobody wants to show any "weakness" by admitting the other side might have a point. We're all screwed until that changes.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

It was a better response than his standard "fuck trump" with a dash of racial accusations and "dick heat" interjection.  It's a move in the right direction.

Anytime one side is making all of the decisions, it's bad for the people.  It doesn't matter which side it is.

You’re right. That describes right now. It’s bad.

And the “one side” doesn’t just mean GOP. It’s also the wealthy class. Wealthy vs. poor is what we’ve come down to.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Anytime one side is making all of the decisions, it's bad for the people.  It doesn't matter which side it is.

And the “one side” doesn’t just mean GOP. It’s also the wealthy class. Wealthy vs. poor is what we’ve come down to.

Right.  What a lot of people don't realize is that the Democrats are wealthy too.  While pretending to care about the poor, they laugh all the way to the bank.  They take money from lobbyists.  They obstruct.  All the things people get mad at Republicans for doing they do too.  It's just ridiculous. Nothing is going to change until the crazies on both ends of the extremes get drowned out by the vast majority of us in the middle.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Pretty sure Michael Moore just advocated for a violent revolution on Maher tonight.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Right.  What a lot of people don't realize is that the Democrats are wealthy too.  While pretending to care about the poor, they laugh all the way to the bank.  They take money from lobbyists.  They obstruct.  All the things people get mad at Republicans for doing they do too.  It's just ridiculous. Nothing is going to change until the crazies on both ends of the extremes get drowned out by the vast majority of us in the middle.

At the top, both parties are flush with all sorts of cash. There is a movement, at least among some new Democrats, to shun PACs and big donors and dark money. Some have been successful. We’ll see how long it lasts.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

FOr the record, you were told exactly what people were going to do before they did it, but you gleefully ignored it because it didn't fit your agenda.  Several people in fact told you that people were only going to buy it if they needed it.  No, you insisted this was so great for everyone that there would be full participation.  Wrong.  No full participation from doctors, no full participation from the healthy...only full participation from the needy sticking it to everyone else.  SO fuck you you little cunt with you're buzz is only worried about buzz...the asshats that you support are only worried about themselves and fucking mooched off the system just long enough to piss away more of our money. 

Go fucking cry to someone that cares what you think snowflake.  You're so out of the loop now that you can't even rally anyone to your side.

How am i the snowflake? You seem pretty sensitive yourself in your most recent posts.

You’re Big suggestion has everything to do with money....they don’t seem terribly insightful....make everything cheap but make it all high quality right?

Whatever man...you come as unhinged as anyone so don’t go looking down on me or anyone for that matter.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

At the top, both parties are flush with all sorts of cash. There is a movement, at least among some new Democrats, to shun PACs and big donors and dark money. Some have been successful. We’ll see how long it lasts.

I’d like to see superdelegates done away with. Hillary (amongst other shady things) won because people within the party power structure think they know better than the voting base.

I don’t know if Bernie would’ve won...but based on polls that i saw he wouldn’t have lost every single swing state. Plus...he had the enthusiasm of his base that hillary never had.

I’m really having a hard time with all this ‘come back to the center where the majority of us are” thing.

If that’s really where the majority of us are then we wouldn’t be having these problems. You think obama divided us? Take a look a trump....you have a president you who actively admonishes nearly half the country every week.

How are we expected to support him and get along with his most ardent supporters?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

FOr the record, you were told exactly what people were going to do before they did it, but you gleefully ignored it because it didn't fit your agenda.  Several people in fact told you that people were only going to buy it if they needed it.  No, you insisted this was so great for everyone that there would be full participation.  Wrong.  No full participation from doctors, no full participation from the healthy...only full participation from the needy sticking it to everyone else.  SO fuck you you little cunt with you're buzz is only worried about buzz...the asshats that you support are only worried about themselves and fucking mooched off the system just long enough to piss away more of our money. 

Go fucking cry to someone that cares what you think snowflake.  You're so out of the loop now that you can't even rally anyone to your side.

How am i the snowflake? You seem pretty sensitive yourself in your most recent posts.

You’re Big suggestion has everything to do with money....they don’t seem terribly insightful....make everything cheap but make it all high quality right?

Whatever man...you come as unhinged as anyone so don’t go looking down on me or anyone for that matter.

I get pretty offended when you tell me I am a racist, so fuck yeah I am going to rip you apart. 

If you want to pick apart something specific I said mitch, go for it.  Your broad (and as usual incorrect) generalizations aren't worth of a response other than acknowledging that once again you can't actually refute a specific point made by someone (as you once again skipped the chance to engage on healthcare).  I didn't say anything about making stuff cheap nor did I say anything about making it high quality.  For fucks sake attack something I ACTUALLY SAID or shut the fuck up.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I’d like to see superdelegates done away with. Hillary (amongst other shady things) won because people within the party power structure think they know better than the voting base.

I don’t know if Bernie would’ve won...but based on polls that i saw he wouldn’t have lost every single swing state. Plus...he had the enthusiasm of his base that hillary never had.

I’m really having a hard time with all this ‘come back to the center where the majority of us are” thing.

If that’s really where the majority of us are then we wouldn’t be having these problems. You think obama divided us? Take a look a trump....you have a president you who actively admonishes nearly half the country every week.

How are we expected to support him and get along with his most ardent supporters?

You STILL don't understand why Trump won.  Amazing.  He won BECAUSE of the bullshit that's been going on mitch.  The wonderful world you seem to think the Obama era was wasn't for a LOT of people, and when someone came along to give them a voice, they took it.  Then you add the anti-Hillary contingent (plus Hillary as the horrible Democratic nominee) and you suddenly have enough to win.  Same reason Obama got elected.  His voter base has always been there.  There aren't as many of them as you seem to think, but they've always been there.  If the Democrats can get someone with a pulse and not at all linked to Clinton (or Bernie for that matter), they'll win again in 2020 or 2024.  That's the way it's gone because as I recently said, too much of either side is bad for the country.  Every election is a reaction.  No forward thinking at all.  Shit sucks, so lets vote the other party in.  Eight years later, shit sucks, let's vote the other party in.  Meet the new boss; same as the old boss.  Nobody understands the need for balance because their heads are so buried up their ass that they refuse to see the other side my have a point...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I love Obama, still do, but he did not go for the jugular on his most populist instincts. He coasted too much and gave up too easily. I will forever believe he wanted to lose to Romney, he hated being president.

Board footer