You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Facebook Announcement

Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Aussie, Monkey, Metallex, Bono, Gibbo and Flashflood GET IT!!!! 

They sum up everything perfectly.. They hyped up a bullshit leg of the tour as if AFD 2 was about to be released... Yet we are told "why let it bother you", "Why did you expect anything", "be lucky they are even alive", "be grateful for what you have"....

FUCK YOU!!!!! What kind of sheep loser mentality is that??!?!?!  That is equivalent to Nick Saban saying, "oh well guys, we won some national titles, be content, no need to strive to be our best 100% of the time, lets be lazy mother fuckers and tell the fans they are lucky we are even playing football".. Do you think Michael Jordan or Leborn or Tom Brady would ever approach their craft how Axl approaches his and just show up to arenas to "play ball" and not try and win or be the best they can be?  Fuck, Mick Jagger wouldn't, Slash didn't when he wasn't in GNR, neither did Duff.  This apologist mentality for Axl is so fucking detrimental to the band and embarrassing to those that push that snowflake pussy bullshit. 

AXL, GRAB YOUR FUCKING 54 YEAR OLD BALLS AND SING YOUR ASS OFF AND GIVE US A GOD DAMN REASON TO BE A FAN ANYMORE!!!!!

I would not be pissed one bit if they didn't do a 1 week promo video push for an announcement of arena tour dates.  This may be one of the most disappointing days in GNR history...

Bono's back?  Interesting.

It's not that we don't get it.  Sadly we've gotten it for some time. That's why we're not surprised. Wanting more and knowing what to expect are two different things.

Which is why we should be raising hell! Let them oil the squeaky wheel. You know they read the forums. Enough people bitch it will eventually make an impact.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Let me clear, I am not surprised one bit by the bullshit stunt that was pulled.

Looking at your, ahem, emotional response, I was kinda thinking you were surprised, even disappointed.

It is what it is. This is pretty much the last gravy train their tickets are valid for; they realized they need to board it now. We can take it or leave it, our choice.

Smoking Guns wrote:

What happened to "The most dangerous band in the world".

Big business, managers and lawyers. Money thwarts many a rebellion. Now, they're mainly dangerous to your blood pressure.

Nope. It's all Axl man... nothing to do with lawyers or managers. Axl is the only reason for lack of new shit. PERIOD.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Let me clear, I am not surprised one bit by the bullshit stunt that was pulled.

Looking at your, ahem, emotional response, I was kinda thinking you were surprised, even disappointed.

It is what it is. This is pretty much the last gravy train their tickets are valid for; they realized they need to board it now. We can take it or leave it, our choice.

Smoking Guns wrote:

What happened to "The most dangerous band in the world".

Big business, managers and lawyers. Money thwarts many a rebellion. Now, they're mainly dangerous to your blood pressure.

Nope. It's all Axl man... nothing to do with lawyers or managers. Axl is the only reason for lack of new shit. PERIOD.

That could be the case, but you do not know that for a fact. THAT is a fact.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Aussie, Monkey, Metallex, Bono, Gibbo and Flashflood GET IT!!!! 

They sum up everything perfectly.. They hyped up a bullshit leg of the tour as if AFD 2 was about to be released... Yet we are told "why let it bother you", "Why did you expect anything", "be lucky they are even alive", "be grateful for what you have"....

FUCK YOU!!!!! What kind of sheep loser mentality is that??!?!?!  That is equivalent to Nick Saban saying, "oh well guys, we won some national titles, be content, no need to strive to be our best 100% of the time, lets be lazy mother fuckers and tell the fans they are lucky we are even playing football".. Do you think Michael Jordan or Leborn or Tom Brady would ever approach their craft how Axl approaches his and just show up to arenas to "play ball" and not try and win or be the best they can be?  Fuck, Mick Jagger wouldn't, Slash didn't when he wasn't in GNR, neither did Duff.  This apologist mentality for Axl is so fucking detrimental to the band and embarrassing to those that push that snowflake pussy bullshit. 

AXL, GRAB YOUR FUCKING 54 YEAR OLD BALLS AND SING YOUR ASS OFF AND GIVE US A GOD DAMN REASON TO BE A FAN ANYMORE!!!!!

I would not be pissed one bit if they didn't do a 1 week promo video push for an announcement of arena tour dates.  This may be one of the most disappointing days in GNR history...

It's not that we don't get it.  Sadly we've gotten it for some time. That's why we're not surprised. Wanting more and knowing what to expect are two different things.

Which is why we should be raising hell! Let them oil the squeaky wheel. You know they read the forums. Enough people bitch it will eventually make an impact.

I'm not about to express fake outrage and have a temper tantrum to get what I want. Plenty of others are. Have at it.

I knew what to expect, and got a little more than I expected actually. The promo video mentioned plenty of tour dates as well, so it all depends on how you view it. If you feel misled, it all depends on your interpretation of the video.

Your boy Adler did say TB had some cool stuff in store for AFD 30. Not sure how much he really knows or if we can trust him. And as we know all too well, plans can always change. So once again, I'm not getting my hopes up. If we get something, cool. If we don't, life goes on.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm not about to express fake outrage and have a temper tantrum to get what I want. Plenty of others are. Have at it.

I knew what to expect, and got a little more than I expected actually. The promo video mentioned plenty of tour dates as well, so it all depends on how you view it. If you feel misled, it all depends on your interpretation of the video.

Your boy Adler did say TB had some cool stuff in store for AFD 30. Not sure how much he really knows or if we can trust him. And as we know all too well, plans can always change. So once again, I'm not getting my hopes up. If we get something, cool. If we don't, life goes on.

Cool man, I hear ya duuuuude, cooooool. If it happens greaaaat brah, if not, cooool tooo duuuude. Let's just love each other broooo. I mean, like, you know, no pressure mannnnnn...  let's not let GNR control our lives... they are so awesome. $250 - $700 is great value man!!! Like we are sooooo lucky Axl is alive dude. He could be dead like Cornell mannnnn.

Wake up people. This is our favorite band and they blew it. Fucking blew it. It has been 9 Fucking years since CD. This is the most unacceptable shit I have ever seen. That stupid Fucking promo video blew up in their face. It was misleading. I bet you guys are the biggest pushovers in real life that justify this shit. And I like all of you, but if you can't call them out for simple bullshit that is frightening. This is bullshit. admit it.

And yes, it is ALL AXL. WHO THE FUCK ELSE COULD BE HOLDING GNR BACK? Pittman?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

The same shit has been happening for 12 years...

It's no good expecting more than the minimum...sometimes it's not even worth it to expect the minimum...otherwise u will just be disappointed

Not sure why this particular incident is the straw that broke the camel's back...we all figured a 2nd US leg was coming...now it's confirmed...yay

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Horrible terrorist attack in Egypt!!!  28 Coptic Christians killed....

awaiting the GNR KOHD Tribute video now...Good thing they announced yesterday, almost would have had to cancel the tour date announcement again... I hope they just don't tribute European tragedies....

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

It's no good expecting more than the minimum...sometimes it's not even worth it to expect the minimum...otherwise u will just be disappointed

Not sure why this particular incident is the straw that broke the camel's back...we all figured a 2nd US leg was coming...now it's confirmed...yay

You guys are the same ones that say it is the woman's fault for getting raped cause she is hot and she should expect it...

Heaven forbid fans expect something cool after that fucking hype video which focuses on many GNR landmark achievements!!  Like, acting like a normal fan(atic) is a bad thing I guess in the GNR world... Sorry I acted as a normal fan.  I should as other have said, act like a fan that has fallen victim to Stockholm Syndrome where after years of abuse you begin to feel loyal and sorry for your abuser which is common among people who are abducted...

faldor

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Cool man, I hear ya duuuuude, cooooool. If it happens greaaaat brah, if not, cooool tooo duuuude. Let's just love each other broooo. I mean, like, you know, no pressure mannnnnn...  let's not let GNR control our lives... they are so awesome. $250 - $700 is great value man!!! Like we are sooooo lucky Axl is alive dude. He could be dead like Cornell mannnnn.

Wake up people. This is our favorite band and they blew it. Fucking blew it. It has been 9 Fucking years since CD. This is the most unacceptable shit I have ever seen. That stupid Fucking promo video blew up in their face. It was misleading. I bet you guys are the biggest pushovers in real life that justify this shit. And I like all of you, but if you can't call them out for simple bullshit that is frightening. This is bullshit. admit it.

And yes, it is ALL AXL. WHO THE FUCK ELSE COULD BE HOLDING GNR BACK? Pittman?

What good does holding them accountable do? No offense, but do you think TB gives a damn what Smoking Guns thinks and feel bad that he's upset and feels he was misled? I sure as hell don't. This idea that you're going to start some grassroots campaign that is all of a sudden going to change the course of history seems far fetched to me. But again, have at it. I wish you luck.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

You guys are the same ones that say it is the woman's fault for getting raped cause she is hot and she should expect it...

Heaven forbid fans expect something cool after that fucking hype video which focuses on many GNR landmark achievements!!  Like, acting like a normal fan(atic) is a bad thing I guess in the GNR world... Sorry I acted as a normal fan.  I should as other have said, act like a fan that has fallen victim to Stockholm Syndrome where after years of abuse you begin to feel loyal and sorry for your abuser which is common among people who are abducted...

You aren't going to boil Axl's pet rabbit soon are you?  lol

Board footer