You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Facebook Announcement

Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Bro, Interest is falling like a fucking rock. They are coming back to cities played last year. Which is why they are in arenas and not stadiums. Demand is falling.

Yes, that was inevitable. That's exactly what I'm saying; it's a balancing act. Once interest drops below a certain level, they'll whip out something to stir up more interest. That could be a reissue, it could be a new song, it could be a series of Special! Guest! Appearances!

Also, it might be worth considering that as a member of a GN'R fan forum, who lives and breathes GN'R every day of the week, your focus might be a little skewed. From where I'm sitting, in Europe, interest is through the roof. Because we haven't seen the fucking Not In This Lifetime tour yet. 90% of the people attending those shows are not going to have pored over setlists and watched YouTube videos.

Don't get me wrong. You SHOULD be excited. It is a great show. But now it is time for something. Blueray, AFD REISSUE, new Single, AFD lineup show, new album etc.

I think we both agree that at some point they have to pull something out of their (top) hat. But I don't think we've reached that point yet, I think there's still gas in the tank. When we're on the second go-around for Europe and Asia, maybe...

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Eh, I'll get tickets to see them in Cleveland.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Ok, so new dates announced? Not that exciting and not really a surprise in the whole sheme of things. Not entirely sure it warranted the days delay but then again maybe they needed to re-edit the video. Either way I'm certainly not going to get annoyed at them for promoting and publicising their tour, even if I was quietly hoping for something a bit more.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

A Private Eye wrote:

Ok, so new dates announced? Not that exciting and not really a surprise in the whole sheme of things. Not entirely sure it warranted the days delay but then again maybe they needed to re-edit the video.

I think that's almost certainly what it was – they probably had a video with Axl shrieking "You're gonna die!" That'd take a good day to re-cut and get sign-off on.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This is shameful. Bon Jovi, U2, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Rolling Stones, Foo Fighters, Etc don't do this to their fans.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Retards scheduled the Boston show on a Subday night 10/22...same night as a primetime Super Bowl rematch of Pats/Falcons. My advice if you're going is to wait on tickets...they will be giving them away.

Looks like they spaced it out so they could add potential second shows.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Second shows. Hahahaha so arrogant. Fuck this band.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Chris Pittman was right the whole time.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'm still not buying tickets at these dumb prices. I saw them in 1992. No need now. What a dick move to build up a tour announcement.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This is shameful. Bon Jovi, U2, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Rolling Stones, Foo Fighters, Etc don't do this to their fans.

Metallica hasn't toured since 2009.  I don't know what the outrage is for.  They never promised an album.  The band fans screamed for 20 years to reunite is on stage again, and the fan base still finds a reason to bitch.  If you guys don't want to attend a show, then don't.  But how can you be mad that Axl and Slash are on stage again playing the very same songs you've listened to and affected you personally a thousand times over.

Board footer