You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: Facebook Announcement

esoterica wrote:

I don't expect it but it's not out of the realm of possibility they drop a single to promote the US tour.

Even if they do that, they'll probably have an announcement for a teaser for the single release date then the single itself.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This is shameful. Bon Jovi, U2, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Rolling Stones, Foo Fighters, Etc don't do this to their fans.

Metallica hasn't toured since 2009.  I don't know what the outrage is for.  They never promised an album.  The band fans screamed for 20 years to reunite is on stage again, and the fan base still finds a reason to bitch.  If you guys don't want to attend a show, then don't.  But how can you be mad that Axl and Slash are on stage again playing the very same songs you've listened to and affected you personally a thousand times over.

The Izzy and Steven factor is driving some of the frustration. If we are going to have the same setlist, at least give us the real GN'R.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This is shameful. Bon Jovi, U2, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Rolling Stones, Foo Fighters, Etc don't do this to their fans.

Metallica hasn't toured since 2009.  I don't know what the outrage is for.  They never promised an album.  The band fans screamed for 20 years to reunite is on stage again, and the fan base still finds a reason to bitch.  If you guys don't want to attend a show, then don't.  But how can you be mad that Axl and Slash are on stage again playing the very same songs you've listened to and affected you personally a thousand times over.

The Izzy and Steven factor is driving some of the frustration. If we are going to have the same setlist, at least give us the real GN'R.

This. God Damnit give us something. They are touring the same Fucking cities as last year. Last year nostalgia alone was enough. But not in 2017 for a repeat show in the same market

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

tejastech08 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I saw Steven at the Cinci show.  It was cool, but I think the dude is totally overrated.  He was part of AFD.  The only song from Lies that gets any playtime he wans't a part of.  He helped with Civil War.  That's it.  The idea that Adler is somehow a core part of the success of GN'R is laughable. 

As others have said, Izzy bailed before the UYI tour even started.  He didn't do a single thing to promote those albums.  The idea that Izzy and Steven should be paid equal to the other 3 after they did all they could to sabotage the band's success is laughable to me.  Don't get me wrong, I'd enjoy a show with them as much as anyone else.  How many of you saw a gig last year in person?  I hope every person bitching did so, otherwise be happy that people are putting this shit up on YouTube for free.  No one is going to a show expecting to see Izzy and Steven.  Sorry, they're just not that important.  They've been out of the band for 26 years.  At some point you need to move on.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This. God Damnit give us something. They are touring the same Fucking cities as last year. Last year nostalgia alone was enough. But not in 2017 for a repeat show in the same market

Well at least the shows will be in arenas instead of stadiums. The stadium experience leaves a lot to be desired...can barely see the band, sound quality is questionable in a huge outdoor stadium, etc.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I saw Steven at the Cinci show.  It was cool, but I think the dude is totally overrated.  He was part of AFD.  The only song from Lies that gets any playtime he wans't a part of.  He helped with Civil War.  That's it.  The idea that Adler is somehow a core part of the success of GN'R is laughable. 

As others have said, Izzy bailed before the UYI tour even started.  He didn't do a single thing to promote those albums.  The idea that Izzy and Steven should be paid equal to the other 3 after they did all they could to sabotage the band's success is laughable to me.  Don't get me wrong, I'd enjoy a show with them as much as anyone else.  How many of you saw a gig last year in person?  I hope every person bitching did so, otherwise be happy that people are putting this shit up on YouTube for free.  No one is going to a show expecting to see Izzy and Steven.  Sorry, they're just not that important.  They've been out of the band for 26 years.  At some point you need to move on.

Oh it is about Discography now?  Please tell me what the fuck Frank recorded? We all know an Adler Sorum combo for the tour was the right move and what Slash and Duff wanted. But Axl said no. They also wanted Izzy but Axl refused to come off HIS SHARE.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Oh it is about Discography now?  Please tell me what the fuck Frank recorded? We all know an Adler Sorum combo for the tour was the right move and what Slash and Duff wanted. But Axl said no. They also wanted Izzy but Axl refused to come off HIS SHARE.

We know that? Really? Must have missed that memo. We know that Slash and Duff were willing to take less for Steven and Izzy to be a part of this? Again, I must have missed that.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Dude, Frank has been part of the band longer than Steven at this point.  I just don't get worked up about drummers.  Maybe Lars or Neil, but Adler isn't a world class drummer.  I'd love to see Sorum get behind the kit.  I have no love (or hatred) for Frank.  I'm just stoked my favorite members from my favorite band are on stage again.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Yeah, I'm not sure Slash and Duff were willing to do equal shares. Izzy demanded equal treatment, which was pretty much a deal breaker even if Slash/Duff wanted him involved.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I don't get it either. I especially don't get why fans got all amped up for this announcement thinking it'd be something groundbreaking. It wasn't exactly promoted that way. What you want and what you expect are two entirely different things that need to be separated.

The days of announcing a tour out of nowhere in a press release are gone. Now we get tipped off and get an announcement through Social Media and it's an issue. Obviously we all want more and are ready for Round 2, but did you honestly expect more? Added North American dates are actually more than I predicted they'd announce. I figure it'd be limited to LA based shows with possible appearances by Izzy and Steven. This, is more than that.

Board footer