You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Facebook Announcement

tejastech08 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Dude, Frank has been part of the band longer than Steven at this point.  I just don't get worked up about drummers.  Maybe Lars or Neil, but Adler isn't a world class drummer.  I'd love to see Sorum get behind the kit.  I have no love (or hatred) for Frank.  I'm just stoked my favorite members from my favorite band are on stage again.

I would take Steven's drumming on Appetite over anything Lars or Neil have done in their careers. Appetite is pure magic from an instrumental and vocal standpoint. It's delusional to pretend Steven's drumming was not an important part of the GN'R sound.

Izzy felt the entire thing fell apart when Steven was no longer part of the rhythm section and I agree 100% with Izzy. Matt Sorum himself has said Steven was a huge part of the GN'R sound. There was a very noticeable difference with Sorum's style when he joined the band.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I just don't understand the upset whatsoever. How dare they try fucking build some hype and excitement around a tour date announcement?!? It's called promotion, something we were begging from GNR for about 15 years. Now they have the gall to try and build a bit of interest around their own tour, on their own facebook page and it's a problem?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

tejastech08 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Dude, Frank has been part of the band longer than Steven at this point.  I just don't get worked up about drummers.  Maybe Lars or Neil, but Adler isn't a world class drummer.  I'd love to see Sorum get behind the kit.  I have no love (or hatred) for Frank.  I'm just stoked my favorite members from my favorite band are on stage again.

I would take Steven's drumming on Appetite over anything Lars or Neil have done in their careers. Appetite is pure magic from an instrumental and vocal standpoint. It's delusional to pretend Steven's drumming was not an important part of the GN'R sound.

Izzy felt the entire thing fell apart when Steven was no longer part of the rhythm section and I agree 100% with Izzy. Matt Sorum himself has said Steven was a huge part of the GN'R sound. There was a very noticeable difference with Sorum's style when he joined the band.

To each their own.  I don't deny for a second AFD is one of the greatest rock albums all time if not the greatest.  But I personally think UYI2 is their best album and prefer that and CD to others.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl is getting double the rate Slash and Duff are. He could have come off HIS to bring in Adler and Izzy. He chose not to... why is it up to Slash and Duff to take even less and Axl not budge??

Randall Flagg

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl is getting double the rate Slash and Duff are. He could have come off HIS to bring in Adler and Izzy. He chose not to... why is it up to Slash and Duff to take even less and Axl not budge??

How do you know this?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Adler laid down the drums to the greatest hard rock album ever, nah, no big deal. Jesus Christ.

Randall Flagg

Smoking Guns wrote:

Adler laid down the drums to the greatest hard rock album ever, nah, no big deal. Jesus Christ.

I think his work on RQ is fucking amazing.  Truly love it.  But there's more to GN'R than AFD.  The album came out 30 years ago.  A lot happened since then.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

To each their own.  I don't deny for a second AFD is one of the greatest rock albums all time if not the greatest.  But I personally think UYI2 is their best album and prefer that and CD to others.

UYI2? Hmmmm...it has some awesome songs like Civil War, 14 Years, Yesterdays, Breakdown, Locomotive, You Could Be Mine, and Estranged, but I feel that album is stained pretty bad by Shotgun Blues, Get In The Ring, Heaven's Door (half-assed studio version compared to Appetite era live versions), and My World. The first UYI album is a lot easier for me to listen to all the way through.

Randall Flagg

tejastech08 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

UYI2? Hmmmm...it has some awesome songs like Civil War, 14 Years, Yesterdays, Breakdown, Locomotive, You Could Be Mine, and Estranged, but I feel that album is stained pretty bad by Shotgun Blues, Get In The Ring, Heaven's Door (half-assed studio version compared to Appetite era live versions), and My World. The first UYI album is a lot easier for me to listen to all the way through.

I finally got a copy of the spaghetti incident on vinyl.  If you haven't listened to these on vinyl with a good stereo setup, you're missing out.  Locomotive is a whole new experience.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Locomotive is incredible for sure. Possibly best song on UYI from an instrumental standpoint.

Board footer