You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: New Tour Dates Added

Just hitting the festival circuit that they missed this year. Makes sense I suppose although doubt I’ll go this time round as it’s a festival date.

More interesting is what they plan on doing Jan-June? The optimist in me says studio time, the realist in me just laughed at myself.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
LocoComa wrote:

Guess we know now that Slash and Duff's contracts aren't ending soon.

yeah, that's great news!

A Private Eye wrote:

More interesting is what they plan on doing Jan-June?

that's not even enough time to finish counting their money. 14

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

A Private Eye wrote:

Just hitting the festival circuit that they missed this year. Makes sense I suppose although doubt I’ll go this time round as it’s a festival date.

More interesting is what they plan on doing Jan-June? The optimist in me says studio time, the realist in me just laughed at myself.

I'm kind of torn. On the one hand I don't really like festivals and I spent an absolute bloody fortune on tickets last year, on the other... TWAT and Prostitute and Madagascar are in the setlist now. I might wait and see if they're playing the usual Ireland date in May ahead of the festivals. Download can fuck off though, I could pay for flights to one of the European gigs and a hotel for the cost of spending three days in a mire.

Jan-June... I mean, it would be nice if they got their asses into the studio, but realistically it'll be Axl/DC and Slash and Myles, won't it? On the plus side, we might get a new Walking Papers album out of it, which would make me very happy.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Indirectly related, Alter Bridge officially announced that 2018 will be when Myles Kennedy’s long overdue solo album will finally see the light of day. As far as I know, Myles said he’d only release it if his schedule was clear to promote it.

If that’s the case, there’ll be no new Conspirators next year then.

Add that to a bunch of new dates for Guns, and make of that what you will...

Which, will probably be nothing... but live shows

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Uggghh, more dates? WTF

Hopefully ppl see them who haven't seen them yet. Not sure if they're previous euro shows on this reunion. Otherwise bullocks. Mitch saw them again and seemed to enjoy the 2nd show around, so there's 2 sides to it. Me however, I had enough in 2016

LocoComa
 Rep: 4 

LocoComa wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Indirectly related, Alter Bridge officially announced that 2018 will be when Myles Kennedy’s long overdue solo album will finally see the light of day. As far as I know, Myles said he’d only release it if his schedule was clear to promote it.

If that’s the case, there’ll be no new Conspirators next year then.

Add that to a bunch of new dates for Guns, and make of that what you will...

Which, will probably be nothing... but live shows

But hasn't it been said that the Conspirators album is mostly done, and Slash just needs to lay down his parts?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Hmm...

So GNR in the middle of the year.

The question is does Axl/Dc and Conspirators happen around this - or is it like a few months off first - then this stuff - in which case those projects are more like 2019.

I could be wrong but I would assume GNR new music would happen, AFTER this tour, and AFTER Ac/Dc and Myles next cycle....so yeah...it's going to be a little while to say the least....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Not even that. They could release stuff now. Tommy said there was a ton of good stuff (and some not so good stuff) outside the second half of Chinese in the raw stages. Richard says he and Slash have been working on ideas, there's stuff Axl has that hasn't been recorded according to DJ. They're not hurting for material just the gumption to do it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

They're not hurting for material just the gumption to do it.

totally agree. I was just thinking after a world tour with multi legs like this you'd expect a break first to let the market cool.

So i'd expect a pause of some type, then the new album to base another global tour around.

I mean i hope i'm wrong. I'd love them to drop a release in Jan and make next years shows about that - but seems unlikely given they just did 2 years of touring including 2 big USA legs.

So i'd assume it's a case of this tour ends, then a wait time, then a new tour with a record or maybe a GH and new single. The question to me is will the next project be the release of that or do we get a Conspitors/AcDC cycle first.

johndivney wrote:

There is no new material. It’s just like APE said, they’re cashin in on the euro festivals they passed over last year for their own shows.

Board footer