You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: New Tour Dates Added

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

They're not hurting for material just the gumption to do it.

totally agree. I was just thinking after a world tour with multi legs like this you'd expect a break first to let the market cool.

So i'd expect a pause of some type, then the new album to base another global tour around.

I mean i hope i'm wrong. I'd love them to drop a release in Jan and make next years shows about that - but seems unlikely given they just did 2 years of touring including 2 big USA legs.

So i'd assume it's a case of this tour ends, then a wait time, then a new tour with a record or maybe a GH and new single. The question to me is will the next project be the release of that or do we get a Conspitors/AcDC cycle first.

If Azoff was manager there would be an album out. You can't tell me the label doesn't want it. Established bands still sell a shit ton of records. He was just negotiating with them not long ago for the second album. How the fuck can you screw up this kind of negotiation? You're literally sitting on an album ready to go. He's said more than once Slash and Duff dig the material. MSL has said Slash has rerecorded at least Atlas. I honestly don't get the issue.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

More interesting is what they plan on doing Jan-June? The optimist in me says studio time, the realist in me just laughed at myself.

It's not gonna be studio time. I guess we'll have to see about Slash, but Duff will probably tour the new Walking Papers record. Barrett Martin did an interview recently, saying WP2 will come out in January 2018 and that they'll tour the record. The reason the record didn't come out for so long is that Duff was busy with GN'R...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

If Azoff was manager there would be an album out. You can't tell me the label doesn't want it. Established bands still sell a shit ton of records. He was just negotiating with them not long ago for the second album. How the fuck can you screw up this kind of negotiation? You're literally sitting on an album ready to go. He's said more than once Slash and Duff dig the material. MSL has said Slash has rerecorded at least Atlas. I honestly don't get the issue.

Yeah I agree.

It's looking like this whole 3 year reunion tour will go without an album. So you'd assume from a marketing perspective at least 6-months to a year off before launching any new product assuming they actually want to....This makes me think we're looking at late 2019. Maybe even longer if they do an Ac/Dc cycle first. Like what would that be - an album and a year tour at least you'd think. Mind you i'd dig an axl dc record too.

I just feel like it's looking like next year will be like this one - random shows - I hope i'm wrong - it's getting really insane how long stuff takes.

I mean years ago I was down with it, but like they're all not getting any younger. The time to do stuff is now.

Vampiro
 Rep: 0 

Vampiro wrote:

So does Slash and Myles start the year as does Axl/DC. Then in the middle they do the euro fest circuit as guns. Then back as they were with their other bands. As long as I get axl on some record singing something new be it AC/DC or a new guns track ill take it!

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

monkeychow wrote:

I mean years ago I was down with it, but like they're all not getting any younger. The time to do stuff is now.

I'm kinda sanguine about it now. Even if one of them dropped dead tomorrow, there's so much studio stuff recorded that they could Made in Heaven that shit.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Went to the Nashville Show last night.  It was amazing!

These are 2 videos that I filmed..

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

harmon420
 Rep: 20