You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: New Tour Dates Added

dave-gnfnr wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

NFL and the Networks would never ever book GnR. Too much risk and frankly the pop acts are a better TV ratings draw which the Super Bowl halftime is all about.

if they were going to book another rock band, they would do foo fighters or metallica over GNR anyways.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I’m going to disagree with your Metallica. They would never be booked over Guns. The band’s music is never played at football games.

While “Welcome to the Jungle” is a consistent always played song.

Guns is a way bigger band that the public know.

Also helps Axl is a football fan.

Guns will be the next rock band at the Super Bowl in 2019.

Foo Fighters aren’t a bad choice but they’re boring as fuck, and they’re like AC / DC all songs sound the same but, do (I meant do, not don't ha) rock.

If Justin Timberlake aka nipple gate can become a half time act again then Guns to me isn’t that hard to get or such a bloody hassle.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Are you forgetting Enter Sandman...? That song is just as big at sporting events as Jungle is.

Guns may have more mass appeal, but there’s no denying that Metallica do too.

LocoComa
 Rep: 4 

LocoComa wrote:

I'd hate GN'R doing the Super Bowl. I don't need to see Slash pretending to play, while Axl lip syncs - which is exactly what happened with RHCP, which Axl also mocked on Twitter.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I’d also argue that both AC/DC and Foo Fighters do rock, and both bands always bring their A game in live performances.

I know this is a Guns fan message board, but the way some of you talk about other bands not holding a candle to Guns, I’m like, are you serious...?

LocoComa
 Rep: 4 

LocoComa wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I’d also argue that both AC/DC and Foo Fighters do rock, and both bands always bring their A game in live performances.

I know this is a Guns fan message board, but the way some of you talk about other bands not holding a candle to Guns, I’m like, are you serious...?

AC/DC definitely rock. Half their song titles say so. lol

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

metallex78 wrote:

WHOOPS TYPO I mean to say they do rock AC / DC. Again, all their songs are the same. Oh this one eh, we're going to say TNT instead of Thunder.

Foo Fighters are just boring as fuck man. Yeah they have some rockers, but, ugh. They suffer from the Dave Grohl yell / scream. "I'm going to yell now and pretend to be animal from the Muppets, woo!!!! yeah!!!! all right!!!! london you guys fucking rock!" I just find their shit boring. Nirvana, not boring, Foo Fighters, boring. But hey, rock is good.

All I am saying is Metallica isn't a bigger brand than Guns. Guns is more mainstream everyone knows who Axl and Slash are, and maybe Duff.

It didn't look like Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers were lip synching / miming. I don't think it is a requirement years ago.

I've never heard Enter Sandman at any football games.

I'm just saying if you want to get a rock band at its top of its popularity again, and game. Guns is the band to book right now. But, if you want just pop stars then that's easy and less of a risk.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

Guns will be the next rock band at the Super Bowl in 2019.

Guns N' Roses playing the Super Bowl is the ultimate sell-out move.

It's 100x worse than their $300 t-shirt fashion event, especially considering Axl's past comments.

I also don't see the play. Why? To promote a new album they won't have? To play for free to advertise for fucking Pepsi?

If they do that, fuck em for eternity.

And besides, Axl will be on tour with AC/DC until at least through 2020.

Board footer