You are not logged in. Please register or login.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

zombux wrote:

nah, there were more obvious fillers there... one example speaking for all of them - Scraped.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Oh, definitely.

I was just referencing that they leaked multiple times. You had 2006 leaks and 2008 leaks that got a lot of public plays and buzz.

They were effectively the lead-up singles.

Releasing them as true singles in the middle of winter? That’s gonna go over like... Chinese Democracy. 21

zombux

zombux wrote:

definitely. actually there are 2 strong variants of what happened - remember most of the tracklist leaked before and/or has been played live for years.
1) they had many recorded songs ready, but were pissed off by the leaks, so they put the tracklist together to intentionally contain maximum of the leaks, with really only a few unknown songs (do you remember which songs were totally unknown by the time the album was actually released? I'll tell you: Scraped. and that's it. then, TIL and Sorry were known by name but not by the music nor lyrics. yeah, a few of the tracks were leaked or officially released quite shortly before the album release: Shackler, ITW, Prostitute. that's still less than 50% of the songs).
2) they actually only had a handful of songs at least half-complete and the whole "saga" and "legend" and "mystery" were just fake and ther was nothing and even today there's still almost nothing. based on my educated guess, there might still be some leftover stuff like Brain remixes, Atlas Shrugged, The General... and that's it, nothing else has been at least remotely put together.

edit: adding to variant 1) - the intentional tracklist might also have something to do with the leaks, to be more precise: first somebody leaked some songs, then Axl deliberately decided to include those at live shows, and finally at the album tracklist.
adding to variant 2) there were many rumored or half-confirmed song titles during the 10 years in the making. most of them might be just bogus fake titles, or absolutely pure speculations that somebody from newspapers put together.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

I think the core of the record has stayed relatively solid. TWAT, IRS, The Blues were mentioned from 2000 to 2006. I think there’s a bulk of the record in Axl’s mind as being mandatory.

I’m open-minded to the mystery angle but it seems a little out there. Sorry, Shacklers, Scraped came out of nowhere. The only reason is because of Baz’s mouth on the first. Point, just because we don’t know about it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. This even entertaining Seven is The Blues and Thyme is TWAT, etc.

Soul Monster, The General, Atlas, Jackie, Oklahoma/Berlin all have noted sources. Add old ones like Oh My God and Silkworms. There’s half of a record. And going back to Baz, he doesn’t say 4 albums of material just out of nowhere. It’s less as you’d probably expect so let’s say 2 albums and the remixes?

I don’t know. I think more leaks should be posted so we don’t have to cackle like hens. wink

Do hens cackle? Seems more of a witch thing.

zombux

zombux wrote:

yes, totally forgot about Baz talking about Sorry. now - was he talking about it, because it was going to be included in the tracklist (that's the case I think), or was it included in the tracklist, because he was talking about it? classic chicken-egg thing, LOL.
and yes, about the titles, we might probably never know. that era is 20 years ago, and probably even Axl doesn't care anymore.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

I think technically first Sorry thing was from HTGTH poster demolition posting the lyrics. And then we connected the dots later.

Prostitute only discovered via the set list pic and was played back in 2002 as the piano intro to November Rain under our noses.

If The World was talked about from same picture and actually played as the Rolling jam.

So egg before chicken. Maybe.

My question: new code names real or not? New songs or just new code names?

Questions.

The moon landing was fake. Aliens exist. CD2 is out there.

zombux

zombux wrote:

ITW was also kept in the alternative setlist since... summer 2006 or something like that, so we knew about the name, just had no idea about the music.
Prostitute was exactly opposite - we had heard the piano intro many times, but had no idea it comes from that actual song. to be honest, the intro was just the intro, so we couldn't know. at least we know the song might have already been complete (-ish) by that time, because Buckethead was all over it. + we knew the title since July 1999 (Spin magazine interview)

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

Ahh, yes. I remember now. Fire and ice.

Sigh.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I think technically first Sorry thing was from HTGTH poster demolition posting the lyrics. And then we connected the dots later.

I remember that, it's hilarious in hindsight. He/she was hounded off the site and either got banned or deleted the account.

One of the great mysteries of the GN'R forum world.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I remember that, it's hilarious in hindsight. He/she was hounded off the site and either got banned or deleted the account.

One of the great mysteries of the GN'R forum world.

Well of course they got banned because team Brazil knew the lyrics were real and didn't want the song leaking so the person got banned before they could share it

Board footer