You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

esoterica wrote:

I don't see it. What part?

I don't see much Bucket / Praxis in Chinese outside of the overall trademarks, save Shacklers.

I do see shades of Machete in the TWAT solo though and that would somewhat make sense given the chronology.

hackvresse
 Rep: 0 

hackvresse wrote:

Can someone send me a PM regarding the Madagascar leak?

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

i'm glad we got to see all the different shades of bucket on the album. as i've said earlier, chinese democracy is pretty much a buckethead tribute album. as much as we bitch about the final version of the album, there's a timeline where bucket is completely erased from the album. imagine that -- if dj and ron recorded every single guitar part. 18

instead, we get to see bucket at his best and most versatile.

you get his alien-sounding shredding killswitch solos on chinese democracy & better.
his beautiful flamenco work is all over if the world.
shackler's revenge is classic bucket riffing.

i'll never forget when shitty quality versions of IRS were being leaked and the one with the axl scream and bucket solo dropped. that solo still blows me away.

there was a time features what i truly believe is the greatest solo bucket ever put together.

in the past, one of bucket's biggest struggles was just instantly jumping into a chaotic solo with all this double tapping n' shit. i really think his time in guns helped him perfect the art of starting slow and building a solo to the fever pitch.

right after leaving guns, bucket came out with population override -- arguably his most beautiful, soulful and tender album. i don't think the timing there is a coincidence.

bucket definitely elevated the album, but i think working with guns elevated bucket as well.

benny

benny wrote:

The recent leak of Madagascar reminds me of how it sounded at the 2002 MTV VMA performance.  I remember my interest being renewed in a new GNR album after that performance.  Even though Axl was gassed while performing.

auad
 Rep: 3 

auad wrote:
benny wrote:

The recent leak of Madagascar reminds me of how it sounded at the 2002 MTV VMA performance.  I remember my interest being renewed in a new GNR album after that performance.  Even though Axl was gassed while performing.

even nowadays I consider that fantastic performance  one of my favorites. An artist fighting bravely for survival. The band sounded great on that medley, and that lineup is the one I like the most.

benny

benny wrote:
auad wrote:
benny wrote:

even nowadays I consider that fantastic performance  one of my favorites. An artist fighting bravely for survival. The band sounded great on that medley, and that lineup is the one I like the most.

So do I.  You could tell when watching Kurt Loder interview Axl backstage after the performance and listening to Axl just how hard he had worked to put together the 2002 lineup of the band.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Multi-millionaire artist fighting for survival, yeah, right 14

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

I really liked the band performance at that event. just Axl blew it up (as always). reportedly he got stuck in a traffic jam on the way to the event, but for the sake of God why can't he be somewhere at least remotely on time? his fault.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

yeah, the band kicked ass in that show. bucket losing his mind on guitar as the confetti poured down was truly a sight to see...

hopefully the instrumental version of the VMAs leaks at some point. 14

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

The VMA performance made me a super fan. It's why I'm here with you fine people.

I was entranced by Madagascar, Buckethead, and Axl looking like a Neo Tokyo rockstar.

I hope to hear the unreleased Chinese Democracy / CD2 material some day but will be forever let down we didn't get many long years of collaboration between pseudo-asian Axl and space alien Finck and technobot Buckethead.

The things we could've done together.

Board footer