You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

esoterica wrote:

It appears that a supposed cell phone recording of The General has popped up at another forum.

I know this board has a history of scamming and other questionable activity but this seems less fake than the standard faire.

http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/ … have-died/

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

I know a legit guy who has it, so I can ask him if he can confirm validity of this "leak".
can't listen to the file itself at the moment.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Brain once told an anecdote on the recording of an anonymous song with RTB. He mentioned "a kick drum in the second part of the intro". From that, we can deduce the song has a likely longer than average, two-part intro, with percussion.

That cellphone recording goes on for over a minute before it starts to bite.

Food for thought.

zombux

zombux wrote:

of what I heard about the cellphone recording, let me quote a guy who has it but won't share, out of fear of being hunted:

It's the middle of Silkworms, recording stops, and then starts in what I presume is the middle of the General. the General clip starts with a Solo and then into a breakdown into Axl's vocals.. i'm assuming it's Solo + bridge section of the song. But it's definitely not the beginning.

yes there are vocals and you can hear Axl's tone and melody (it's so awesome) but you can't make out any of the lyrics cuz the clip sucks

n the cell phone clip case the music is played over loud speakers and you can hear people in the room talking.. so you can hear the actual music of the General a lot better than 2006 Nightrain. As I said, you just can't make out the lyrics. But you can definitely make out melody, tempo, some horns? from Chris Pitman, awesome awesome awesome Guitar solo, and Axls vocals/melody.

The way it was "figured out" that it was the General was MSL took the opening intro played during live shows and basically pasted it on top of the clip and it essentially matched perfectly.

(with Nightrain 2006 he was referring to the Hammerstein rehearsal, when Axl opened a door during the Eddie Trunk interview)

ZeroMortals7
 Rep: 0 

ZeroMortals7 wrote:
zombux wrote:

I know a legit guy who has it, so I can ask him if he can confirm validity of this "leak".

We gotta have the leak from the guy you know!

ZeroMortals7

ZeroMortals7 wrote:

Can someone clean up the audio so we can hear the general without the people talking?

zombux

zombux wrote:
ZeroMortals7 wrote:
zombux wrote:

I asked him if this leaked file is the same as his file. he really won't leak it himself. he was going to send it to me when the leaks wave started a couple of weeks ago, but he got scared off by news that TB and mgmt and others are investigating sources of the leaks.

ZeroMortals7

ZeroMortals7 wrote:
zombux wrote:
ZeroMortals7 wrote:
zombux wrote:

I asked him if this leaked file is the same as his file. he really won't leak it himself. he was going to send it to me when the leaks wave started a couple of weeks ago, but he got scared off by news that TB and mgmt and others are investigating sources of the leaks.

Keep trying to get it. I heard the cell phone recording. But there's people talking over the music. I have 0 tech skill to boost audio and remove the people chatter. At least it's a start. Can you make out lyrics?

zombux

zombux wrote:

all he told me I've already quoted above. "people talking" match his description and shitty quality as well - it was a VIP listening party. if this is the cellphone recording he has, that's it, he doesn't have more.
I got some rumblings about *studio* version of The General being out there, or at least a snippet of it, but I don't know more and "my source" definitely doesn't possess that.

ZeroMortals7

ZeroMortals7 wrote:
zombux wrote:

all he told me I've already quoted above. "people talking" match his description and shitty quality as well - it was a VIP listening party. if this is the cellphone recording he has, that's it, he doesn't have more.
I got some rumblings about *studio* version of The General being out there, or at least a snippet of it, but I don't know more and "my source" definitely doesn't possess that.

Can you clean up the audio?

Board footer