You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

Re: Perfect Crime

dalethirsty wrote:

i wanna hear "you ain't the first" again more than anything. might actually sound really good if duff and melissa can pull of the harmonies with axl.

it'd be so badass for this version of the band to do a live acoustic set, even if it's just for a few songs.

on the subject of perfect crime -- amazing song with unreal energy. those live versions from '91 were insane, especially the indiana show.

that song would probably kill axl in 2018/19, unless he approached it with his axl/dc vocals & energy.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

this is probably my most favourite UYI non-single live performance. fucking, fucking, fucking great stuff. stunning performance both by Slash and Axl. cool fills by Matt. of course the rest of the band is tight as hell, too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42u64eTidJ8

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Great song IMHO.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

and again, FUCK after almost 30 years of being a GNR fan, I started to love Don't Damn Me. that guitar solo buildup after 3:33 is almost-Buckethead-ish, why the hell they never played it live? also Axl's singing or maybe rather sometimes phrasing, rapping or something like that (especially "I'm the only witness to the nature of my crime"), is mindblowing.
also Bad Apples has extremely good guitar solo. Slash was shining like a giant star on these songs, yet nobody besides the fan community ever appreciated these moments.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Don't Damn Me has always been one of my favorites. I think the lyrics are great. The guitar work, the vibe, everything.

To me, along with Back off Bitch, it's the most "Appetite" sounding of the UYI material.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
zombux wrote:

and again, FUCK after almost 30 years of being a GNR fan, I started to love Don't Damn Me. that guitar solo buildup after 3:33 is almost-Buckethead-ish, why the hell they never played it live? also Axl's singing or maybe rather sometimes phrasing, rapping or something like that (especially "I'm the only witness to the nature of my crime"), is mindblowing.
also Bad Apples has extremely good guitar solo. Slash was shining like a giant star on these songs, yet nobody besides the fan community ever appreciated these moments.

Slash manages to play killer guitar on all the UYI tracks, even the ones people consider filler, have some great lead guitar melodies.

And yeah, Don’t Damn Me has some of Slash’s best lead guitar ever recorded, an awesome mix of shred and melody.

johndivney wrote:

Yea Dont Damn Me is also up there for best Slash solo.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
zombux wrote:

Don't Damn Me kicks a ton of ass.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Don’t Damn Me is a fucking classic guns tune and most Guns fans don’t give 2 shits about it.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Don’t Damn Me is a fucking classic guns tune and most Guns fans don’t give 2 shits about it.

There are a bunch of songs like that in the GN'R catalogue. "Only" 5 albums released from 1987-2007, but those albums had a fuckload of great material.

Board footer