You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Perfect Crime

monkeychow wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I’m pretty sure Axl can still knock out strong vocals in the studio. Whether that can be replicated every night on an 18 month tour remains to be seen. However his stint with AC/DC if nothing else proves he still has the classic rasp when needed live, let alone a studio setting.

I hope so.

It was noticeable to me though that AFTER the Ac/Dc tour run - the 2017 GNR shows were noticeably weaker than the 2016 stuff.

I'm hopeful this was by design or just fatigue and not that those Ac/Dc nights fucked him up.

I still think the clock is ticking - i mean Axl is 56 this year - and he doesn't seem to have the eternal youth of a steven tyler.

I'm sure he can still go right now, but I think if the next 10 years is as aimless as 2008-2018 has been - then it might not be as good an outlook trying to do something at 66.

I also fear for their heath, I wouldn't be surprised if someone isn't around in another decade. Hope I'm wrong. I just see the time is now for stuff - but they don't seem to see it.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

as for Bad Apples, it's surprising that they only played it TWICE in early 1991, and only ONE recording exists - albeit the mighty Maracana XPII from Rock in Rio 2nd night (the other one is 11th May 1991 warmup show which has no known recording). shame.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
zombux wrote:

as for Bad Apples, it's surprising that they only played it TWICE in early 1991, and only ONE recording exists - albeit the mighty Maracana XPII from Rock in Rio 2nd night (the other one is 11th May 1991 warmup show which has no known recording). shame.

On the Tokyo 1992 videos, the band is shown rehearsing it, in that black and white footage that pops up between songs here and there, so maybe they wanted to play it then too, but Axl never did.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Honestly, I think Bad Apples sucks

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

bigbri wrote:

Honestly, I think Bad Apples sucks

It’s never done much for me either.

I’d much rather hear

Locomotive
Breakdown
Don’t Damn Me
Pretty Tied Up
Dead Horse

From the UYI back catalogue.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Listened to The Garden today. It's fucking genius the way Axl/Alice and Slash interplay in that song.

johndivney wrote:

Love The Garden.
Lotta sad damage, dark realisation on UYI. Amazing records. Not much light??

What about the Del & West writing credits.. self explanatory I guess..

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
johndivney wrote:

well, not just those (altough those were major) - there were many more, like Dave Lank. it's kind of strange that the first half of UYI I is kind of glued together from songs of mostly older origin, only with the second half and of course UYI II it gets really interesting.
I find it funny to usually start my listening of UYI with Double Talkin' Jive, skip NR and follow all the way to the album end, not really the case of UYI II where I skip less tracks (Yesterdaze, KOHD, So Fine). even My World has recently grown on me, LOL! that shit should have been the intro of ChiDem tours, instead of Exorcist III etc. smile

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Love The Garden.
Lotta sad damage, dark realisation on UYI. Amazing records. Not much light??

Slash's solo after Alice's verse may be my 3rd favorite Slash moment.

I think the #1/#2 are the Estranged solo and the Live Era November Rain first solo.

So fucking good.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

i'd love to see an Alice Cooper/GNR tour, with Slash making an appearance in A.C.'s set ("School's Out" or "Vengeance is Mine") and then the legend himself showing up for "The Garden." The interplay would be phenomenal.

monkeychow raises some disturbing but undeniable points: While we can be pretty sure that they will all be around in 10 years' time, will they all have the inclination to record and tour, especially in today's difficult environment? Chinese Democracy failed to sell as well as Axl, Best Buy, or even we fans would have hoped. I'm sure he'll continue to create great music, but as we've seen, that doesn't mean we'll ever hear it.

The Not in this Lifetime tour probably gave Axl, Slash, and Duff enough money to live on for the rest of their lives, without even factoring in the royalties they get from the sales and broadcasts of their songs. It presumably also healed a lot of wounds and reaffirmed for them that they can still be a powerhouse rock band, decades after they began. What's next? Another tour in a few years' time?

I know what I want most of all (New music). But I have to wonder if I'll get it.

Board footer