You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

buzzsaw wrote:

I would probably drop a grand on a UYI box set, but AFD isn't even in my top 10 albums.  While AFD got me into GnR, UYI was the album that spoke to me.  Even the "filler" I can appreciate for what it is instead of picking it apart for what it isn't.  Musically to my ears those albums are pure gold.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
kermit the Trump wrote:

I've seen no mention of this being a Lies box set. It also has UYI tracks. Its not a UYI box set either.

That's not really comparable. 27 of the 30 UYI songs are not remastered. Only 1 Lies song remains....

I can see the add now...."GNR Lies, newly remastered featuring the one song we didn't give you last year, our classic rant against homosexuals, immigrants, and African Americans. But wait, call now, and we'll include the B-side...with the lost track from this era, a campfire singalong called Cornshucker...hear Duff's golden voice as he and Axl intimately describe assfucking a prostitute and the necessary hygiene hijinks that follow... ....find out if Slash really wants her to go ass to mouth....all this plus 7 exact same remasters as you purchased last year.....limited to only 6 million units at $2000 each"

Seriously though, i just can't see what they use to market it.

I guess if it had a shit ton of new videos attached, or some brand new songs, and I suspose they could give us the others without the fake audience....but overall....they just released 7/8 of the album as a bonus for this set.....so I think that's it for the AFD5 collection....it would be a much safer bet to make amazing UYI box sets - where there's lots to be done - or release one of the docos or the tons of proshot videos they're hoarding....

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
kermit the Trump wrote:

I've seen no mention of this being a Lies box set. It also has UYI tracks. Its not a UYI box set either.

That's not really comparable. 27 of the 30 UYI songs are not remastered. Only 1 Lies song remains....

I can see the add now...."GNR Lies, newly remastered featuring the one song we didn't give you last year, our classic rant against homosexuals, immigrants, and African Americans. But wait, call now, and we'll include the B-side...with the lost track from this era, a campfire singalong called Cornshucker...hear Duff's golden voice as he and Axl intimately describe assfucking a prostitute and the necessary hygiene hijinks that follow... ....find out if Slash really wants her to go ass to mouth....all this plus 7 exact same remasters as you purchased last year.....limited to only 6 million units at $2000 each"

Seriously though, i just can't see what they use to market it.

I guess if it had a shit ton of new videos attached, or some brand new songs, and I suspose they could give us the others without the fake audience....but overall....they just released 7/8 of the album as a bonus for this set.....so I think that's it for the AFD5 collection....it would be a much safer bet to make amazing UYI box sets - where there's lots to be done - or release one of the docos or the tons of proshot videos they're hoarding....

@died, some funny shit there, Monkey.

johndivney wrote:

I know you don't want to hear me crying
An I know you don't want to hear me deny
That your satisfaction lies in your illusions
But your delusions are yours an not mine..

But Shadow is fucking tripe. A rubbish cast off then and a rubbish cast off now.

Great post by Furbush btw.
Don’t feel bad about it. You should be content you have more important things to spend the money on. Feel bad/sorry for the suckers who will buy the fucking thing. They’re obv been taken advantage of. Whether that’s solely by GnR or the going rate for these things is beside the point. More money than sense.

johndivney wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I would probably drop a grand on a UYI box set, but AFD isn't even in my top 10 albums.  While AFD got me into GnR, UYI was the album that spoke to me.  Even the "filler" I can appreciate for what it is instead of picking it apart for what it isn't.  Musically to my ears those albums are pure gold.

God fucking damnit. Trust this guy to ruin UYI. If those records speak to someone like him then god help us all. Must be those records are complete trash if this guy holds them in such high regard.
More than likely he just doesn’t get what’s goin on..

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
johndivney wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

God fucking damnit. Trust this guy to ruin UYI. If those records speak to someone like him then god help us all. Must be those records are complete trash if this guy holds them in such high regard.

You mad, bro? Jesus Christ, good fucking rant, mate.

johndivney wrote:
kermit the Trump wrote:

Tbh it’s more effort than I was expecting, but it is still far less than what AFD & GnR deserve.

Far less? What more could they possibly do with AFD? Other than the pricing, its essentially best case scenario.

Where’s Izzy?
Where’s Steven?
Who, other than GnR release a remaster/reissue on the 31st anniversary? Who else is so mismanaged and incapable they miss the 25th/30th anniversary? It’s another embarrassing moment but apt to the mishandling of the legacy.
Wag-zilla & most of the rest of you are deluding yourselves when he says it’s being handled “semi-tastefully”, or maybe your tastes are more palatable to this shit than me. It’s a half assed cash grab. Greed has been the big guys sole motivation for... forever? Only he hasn’t known or been able to fully exploit that, & that is one of the main reasons he’s so interesting. I’m not judging him or blaming him but let’s not kid ourselves here, we’ve done enough of that the past 20+ years.

johndivney wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
johndivney wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You mad, bro? Jesus Christ, good fucking rant, mate.

See above

johndivney wrote:

Sg you know yourself who this is targeting. Some of the people can’t help themselves they’re fans & collectors then there’s some people who are compensating for having small dicks & want to show off.
& then there’s people who’ll bootleg it & keep what’s worth having. Which by the looks of it isn’t much..

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl is the sole reason for all these grievances. Not Slash. Not Duff, not Izzy, not Adler.

Board footer