You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

Axlin16 wrote:
kermit the Trump wrote:

Shadow sounds so much better that some fans thought they had added music/vocals to it.

All these demos in HQ is going to be amazing.

I don't believe them.

Not the first time they've lied. Only way I don't believe them is if this version of Shadow was a completed, ready-to-go studio track for inclusion on one of the Use Your Illusion records during those sessions. Alot of the productions, both Slash's guitar and Axl's vocals, especially the obvious added parts (Axl's voice sounded different from AFD-era to UYI-era), is that they touched this up for Illusion, and ultimately left it off and it's been sitting in this vault all these years in completed form.

There's no way that's the original 1986-87 take (like Steven's comment of Axl's one take walk-in story). Not a goddamn chance. There's tons of work on this song from the multiple demos i've heard over the years. That... or there's tons of takes out there and certain people were involved in certain ones. The Duff, Izzy & Steven parts sound raw, and pretty much the same in every version (minus the Tracii Guns/Gilby Clarke remix). It's the Axl & Slash parts i'm calling shenanigans on.

Touched up, or lost Illusion studio track. AFD-era... not a fucking chance. They're bullshitting.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:
kermit the Trump wrote:

Shadow sounds so much better that some fans thought they had added music/vocals to it.

I don't believe them.

Not the first time they've lied. Only way I don't believe them is if this version of Shadow was a completed, ready-to-go studio track for inclusion on one of the Use Your Illusion records during those sessions. Alot of the productions, both Slash's guitar and Axl's vocals, especially the obvious added parts (Axl's voice sounded different from AFD-era to UYI-era), is that they touched this up for Illusion, and ultimately left it off and it's been sitting in this vault all these years in completed form.

There's no way that's the original 1986-87 take (like Steven's comment of Axl's one take walk-in story). Not a goddamn chance. There's tons of work on this song from the multiple demos i've heard over the years. That... or there's tons of takes out there and certain people were involved in certain ones. The Duff, Izzy & Steven parts sound raw, and pretty much the same in every version (minus the Tracii Guns/Gilby Clarke remix). It's the Axl & Slash parts i'm calling shenanigans on.

Touched up, or lost Illusion studio track. AFD-era... not a fucking chance. They're bullshitting.

Agree 100%

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:
kermit the Trump wrote:

I don't believe them.

Agree 100%

I’m with both of you.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Those are early 80s Axl vocals. No doubt.

Walker
 Rep: 8 

Walker wrote:

I know it's very very very easy to call shenanigans on a band like guns n' roses since that's basically all they do, but this is the real deal mike clink appetite session version of shadow of your love from 1986. one take? probably not. Axl walking in to a studio voluntarily? shenanigans for sure. but this track dates from 1986 and is on said demo tape.

AndreCC
 Rep: 0 

AndreCC wrote:

Do you guys think that all the demos will have the same kind of quality as shadow of your Love ?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
AndreCC wrote:

Do you guys think that all the demos will have the same kind of quality as shadow of your Love ?

I hope so!

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Too lazy to go back and listen but the backing “ooh’s” in the chorus are a nice touch.

imsorry wrote:

SOYL was mixed by CLA the kick and snare were triggered with samples the other instruments cant tell if them are new this version also wasnt circulated in the past we cant compare... i really doubt the other demos will sound like that i think they will be just remaster's.

Walker
 Rep: 8 

Walker wrote:
AndreCC wrote:

I hope they do. I'm most excited for the 2 November Rain demos. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for this thing to leak, but there isn't a section for it yet on hasitleaked dot com.

Board footer