You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 53 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

FlashFlood wrote:

Would not surprise me if they did a very abbreviated original 5 reunion at a standard NITL show. Probably just Jungle and that’s it. I can’t see them playing AFD front to back, especially considering we haven’t heard Think About You since 2002 and Anything Goes basically ever.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 19 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

dalethirsty wrote:

if this is in fact an afd re-release, the support of the record label is a very good sign for things to come.

monkeychow
 Rep: 644 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

monkeychow wrote:

I'm happy if we get a remaster. Some type of modern remaster is well overdue when you look at the catalogue of similar acts. They all have 30th and 20th and even 10th and 15th anniversary editions. Most major rock albums of the 1980s and 1990s have been remastered somewhere along the line.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

tejastech08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'm happy if we get a remaster. Some type of modern remaster is well overdue when you look at the catalogue of similar acts. They all have 30th and 20th and even 10th and 15th anniversary editions. Most major rock albums of the 1980s and 1990s have been remastered somewhere along the line.

Appetite sound is already perfect.

monkeychow
 Rep: 644 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

monkeychow wrote:

Not really...it sounds like what it is....a record from the 1980s...but once you put it in a playlist with all the other remastered versions of every other famous rock song you have to ride the volume control like a cheap hooker to get some type of consistency....

I know people will say that just means everything else is mixed too hot...but..that's how rock kinda sounds...

zombux
 Rep: 36 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

zombux wrote:

what if it's just some kind of merchandise? like... t-shirts themed to 1987 or something like that. it would still sell billions.

monkeychow
 Rep: 644 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

monkeychow wrote:

Indeed.

I hope we at least get a remaster. Preferably with a deluxe CD that has bonus tracks of some type. But it's possible it's a belt buckle and t-shirt pack with the classic album and that's it. Like the one they sold for chinese for like $150 that had a sticker, the regular CD and bandana or something.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 89 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

FlashFlood wrote:

Would not surprise me if they did a very abbreviated original 5 reunion at a standard NITL show. Probably just Jungle and that’s it. I can’t see them playing AFD front to back, especially considering we haven’t heard Think About You since 2002 and Anything Goes basically ever.

Huh, yeah. I wish they'd bust out Think About You more often.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 89 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

monkeychow wrote:

Indeed.

I hope we at least get a remaster. Preferably with a deluxe CD that has bonus tracks of some type. But it's possible it's a belt buckle and t-shirt pack with the classic album and that's it. Like the one they sold for chinese for like $150 that had a sticker, the regular CD and bandana or something.

There isn't a huge amount of bonus material that they could release, is there? There are the demos that we've all got... I suppose they could package audio from an early live gig with it (Ritz?).

Oh, and they could put the proper cover on it, that'd be nice.

monkeychow
 Rep: 644 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

monkeychow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

There isn't a huge amount of bonus material that they could release, is there?

The choices I can see are:

* Early Demos of the AFD songs (Already in Circulation)

* Alternative Mixes of the original AFD songs (Some in circulation)

* The B-Sides from that era: AKA - Shadow of Your Love, Corn-Shucker, Aint Going Down, Crash Diet

* Live versions from Back in the day of the AFD tracks, likely an early gig.

*Live versions from the modern band (eg 2016 troublador or chochella audio)

* Some type of re-dux studio versions of the songs - perhaps using elements of the 1999 redux versions but now with Slash/Duff.
(seems the least likely, but then when you consider Big Daddy SCOM and Slash doing PC with Fergie on his solo album I don't think it's entirely impossible. Especially as a bonus track that accompanies cleaned up versions of the original disc.)

* An actual new song. (That would have nothing to do with AFD but then people do this with GH records a lot so why not).

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB