You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

Smoking Guns wrote:

Got that right. Frank is so terrible.

I don't hate him, but I would prefer to have Brain behind the kit.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Just listened to the '99 SCOM again. God I hope that the '99 AFD gets a release in some form or other. Axl's vocals in the outro are awesome, and I love the Hammond organ stuff they've added in the background.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Got that right. Frank is so terrible.

I don't hate him, but I would prefer to have Brain behind the kit.

or Josh Freese. Brain is great, don't get me wrong, he's great, but he's not the greatest classic rock drummer. Josh would probably do much more suitable job. Brain was excellent for the experimental ChiDem era, but his rendition of the classic tunes were a bit too modern.
as for Frank - I don't really care. realistically, GNR don't have any other real option anyway. just for gods sake, somebody shut Adler's stupid mouth up!

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

We'll get the minimum, and we'll like it.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

This was on Yahoo:

If you're still on a high from Guns N' Roses' Slane gig last summer, it looks like you may not have too much longer to wait until Axl and co. are 'round this way again.

Billboards have appeared in London depicting the band's classic 'Appetite for Destruction' line-up, and it seems that they may be planning another tour based around their debut album - which is 31 years old this year.

Fans have speculated that a new tour may feature original members Steven Adler and Izzy Stradlin, who have not played with the band since 1990 and 1991, respectively.

An announcement is expected this week.

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/Pic- … 404642.htm

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wouldn't call the site credible at all, just the media speculating. However the 'announcement is expected this week' part got me. Sorry if this part is known or confirmed already.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

This was on Yahoo:

If you're still on a high from Guns N' Roses' Slane gig last summer, it looks like you may not have too much longer to wait until Axl and co. are 'round this way again.

Billboards have appeared in London depicting the band's classic 'Appetite for Destruction' line-up, and it seems that they may be planning another tour based around their debut album - which is 31 years old this year.

Fans have speculated that a new tour may feature original members Steven Adler and Izzy Stradlin, who have not played with the band since 1990 and 1991, respectively.

An announcement is expected this week.

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/Pic- … 404642.htm

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wouldn't call the site credible at all, just the media speculating. However the 'announcement is expected this week' part got me. Sorry if this part is known or confirmed already.

It's going to be a early era deluxe boxset of some kind, they've been planning it for years. We might get other ones afterwards

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I’ve seen similar rumours but who knows? I think it’s probably just guessing like you say but it has struck me that billboard adverts for an AFD re-release or box set seems a bit OTT. Then again they did drop a huge new teasing promo for some extra US dates so who knows.

Tbh an AFD anything at this stage doesn’t excite me too much unless it’s an original 5 show. We’ve been on an AFD heavy diet since 06 and I’m getting kinda full.

The gnr.fm thing is counting down so I guess we’ll know in about 32 hours.

I should also give a bit of kudos on the stratgey for whatever it is because it’s generating a buzz regardless. If GNR was going on a long sabatical after the summer shows you wouldn’t expect them to be firing up the promo engines.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Josh Freese and Brain are good but for GNR both pale in comparison to Sorum. If it isn’t Adler, then Sorum is the answer. You guys don’t appreciate how good he is.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I think Tokyo ruined Sorum for me. Such a BORE and he took up 30 mins of the set.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I think Tokyo ruined Sorum for me. Such a BORE and he took up 30 mins of the set.

He was awesome on TSI, Slash’s Snakepit, VR’s Contraband.

Board footer