You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Unseen footage Pro Shot - Saskatoon, SK, Ca 1993

Axlin16 wrote:

Wow, is it wrong that THIS is the most exciting thing i've seen since GN'R reunited? I always wanted a pro-shot from the Skin N' Bones years and never thought it'd see the light of day. Not only did it, one could argue this might be the best GN'R show in pro-shot form from that era.

This is amazing. Especially watching pro-shots of stuff like The Garden. This might be the best, purest Axl-vocals ever recorded in this quality. It's a shame that Indiana 1991 show isn't in this quality. Chicago 1992 is amazing, but I think deep down inside, my heart belongs to Indiana '91. Maybe that's because the Mark III band was when I was introduced to Guns. But that '91 band was slicker than the '87 band, but there was still an element of danger within the band. Axl seemed shot out of a cannon in alot of those show, and unpredictable. By the time they did the '92 shit with the Let's Spend The Night Together/Stones-version of GN'R, as cool as it was, wasn't cool at all to a 1992 audience that the closest they got to hair metal was W.A.S.P.'s Crimson Idol (which isn't even close to being glam). Most had moved on to Alice In Chains & Soundgarden.

Kudos to the liberators. Bless Them as Madagascar says...

Smoking Guns wrote:

Looks like shit but still performing at top level. Total BOSS.  Some folks here prefer the 2002 or 2006 band to this??? Fuck off with that shit. Amazing band!!

I completely agree with you. People kinda forget the raw awesomeness of the old era and what that band was. Even in it's stripped down 1993 form with with Gilby. I saw clips on YouTube, and like Wags said seeing this is like seeing Jordan in his prime. But then YouTube recommended the Rio 2017 show, Rocket Queen specifically... ugh. I love the band out there today... but... ugh. They look fucking terrible compared to 1993 Guns.

I had listened to current-Axl for so long, think AC/DC or that awesome Forum show last Thanksgiving, and you get so used to modern-Axl for so long, that when you see something like this with prime-era Axl...

You are reminded how one of a kind and amazing, legendary frontman Axl was in his prime.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I watched the whole Saskatoon show. One of the best concerts of any band I have ever seen.

The band seemed to love the fuck out of each other. It looked like a group of best friends. Slash and Axl, 2 Icons both dominating.

Duff was bloated and wasted, yet still was killer.

Gilby was the perfect replacement for Izzy. Gilby and Sorum should replace Fortus and Frank. Fuck what a show. Axl was funny as shit. The dominos pizza person. The Strippers. Pour drinks for his mates.

Awesome all the way around. Axl made it look effortless. Slash had amazing taste. Fuck, him and Axl are flawless.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

axl is an absolute monster here.

the way he screamed FUCK YEAH in the second live and let die scream was cool as fuck.

i'm pretty sure he was actually possessed by something during the garden. he was in another zone, brother. you can almost see a spirit leave him after the song ends.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

axl is an absolute monster here.

the way he screamed FUCK YEAH in the second live and let die scream was cool as fuck.

i'm pretty sure he was actually possessed by something during the garden. he was in another zone, brother. you can almost see a spirit leave him after the song ends.

That LALD “fuck yeah” scream is one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen Axl do. Pure rock god stuff right there

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Yeah, this is a monster show. Skin N' Bones era always intrigued me 'cause it was a throwback to pure GN'R, the response to the bloated UYI tour with its horn sections and backing singers – and, obliquely, GN'R's response to grunge too. It was kind of like Queen's News of the World – a stripped-down reaction to punk. But it was always overlooked because there wasn't any decent footage from the tour. That changes now.

Also, god damn it I wish Axl would go on a diet or have surgery or something. It's the one glaring problem I have with current-era GN'R, it makes the band a bit of a punchline, especially when you see clips of Axl in his prime. And Duff proves that you can be lean at that age.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The locked it on mygnr when i suggested this - but I wonder if Axl is over weight due to medication.

If you look at when he started to get heavier, it's also around the same time he started to be able to come on stage on time, stopped over-reacting to show incidents, appeared to start taking things in good humour, then here we are a few years later and he even likes Slash again....

Could be wrong but given a lot of psychoactive medications cause weight gain it makes me wonder.

imsorry wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZbiSsOHN3k&feature=youtu.be

Walker
 Rep: 8 

Walker wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtaMpJOQXrE

ive had that video up for a year and a half. why are people acting like its new? lol

Walker
 Rep: 8 

Walker wrote:

also please post links to saskatoon 93

imsorry wrote:

i only saw yesterday this video and the sound was terrible i fixed the audio and reuploaded thats all... Are you wfuckinga?

Board footer